Can someone explain Joanna to me

No one who lives in a european country says they're "European". I take it you're an american who's been to Paris once and tries to impress friends by lecturing them about the importance of decanting a wine before serving.

I used to be European but eventually got over it.
You're an idiot.

It would be nice if she finished a fight.

Yeah, she sort of got away from that in this reign, but she's had some tough matchups.

She doesn't have crushing power, but her opponents have definitely taken real beatings from her.

Doesn't duck, doesn't pull out of fights, can actually fight, she has great footwork and knows how to throw punches and kicks and combinations, has a lot of heart as she won fights where she got hurt and knocked down and is a slim young white woman. Aside from the joke at the end there is plenty to love.

I adore little girl,so much i started following her on facebook haha :3

She is technically proficient, still developing, violent, defensively sound, strategic, and does her best to promote her fights without fake drama or fake sex appeal. I'm a fan.

Joanna destroyed Penne, an atomweight champ and Esparza, a small strawweight champ. Put her in with atomweights, especially unranked 105 pounders and Sherdoggers would be coming in their diapers at the brutality of it all.

Meanwhile Cyborg overwhelms unranked bantamweights and she's the female goat. Seriously too many here have no idea what they're watching. If you can't see it, you can't see it .... end of conversation.

she is hot as hell TS

i understand why you did not realize

I agree with you i could care less about her fights.

You could care less? You you mean you care more than you could do?

So you like her then?

tumblr_inline_my2b86sp4z1qbolbn.png

Last edited:
what 'charisma'? there is none.

i don't understand the OP, joanna isn't a big draw. what is it that needs explaining?

TS says he couldn't care less about Joanna.

Makes thread about Joanna.

This is a MMA forum. She does MMA. Any more questions?

She is a 115 pounds girl who actually finishes people with her striking. That is fucking rare. There are champions 65 pounds heavier that cant finish a sandwich (hello Woodley)

If she wasn't white, this thread wouldn't exist.

She is likable.

I cant believe these comments. Fighters do what they have to to sell a fight. Many guys have done worse. I would date her in a heartbeat! She is cute.

while not the most physically attractive, it's undeniable that she has a cuteness to her personality for a lot of us.

But far more importantly, she is the most skilled female fighter we will ever see.

Her takedown defense is unbelievable and she absolutely destroys everyone in her division on the feet.

She also shows that the Thai style can be used by women effectively without looking like they're moving in slow motion.

I dont get. Is it the charisma? The solid striking technique? The fact she is a champ? Cause i couldnt care less about her. There would be no fight she was in that would make me want to watch and i just dont get her appeal. Can someone explain this.

View attachment 262105

She's won pro and amateur championships in muay thai. So she has some of the best stand-up technique among male and female UFC fighters.

She's a good striker which is rather rare in WMMA plus she seems likeable even if her English is quite broken. She hasn't got any real world class wins but then again she hasn't had the chance to fight someone that good. I would love to see her fight Valentina again.

Back