Can Sherdog finally put "K-1 striking" myth to rest?

No, it's embarrassing that a person you regard as the greatest Kickboxing has to offer was beaten by a low-tier MMA fighter with just striking. It discredits the K-1 myth that states K-1 fighters are inherently superior. In head to head match ups, K-1 fighters tend to fail miserably against MMA strikers.

It's funny how you keep ignoring the fact that Sapp was over a 100lbs bigger than Hoost. Your whole argument is thus invalid, give it up.

Didn't Wanderlei and Rampage kind of dispel this a very long time ago? Wand went toe to toe with CroCop and Hunto. Rampage won in K1 kickboxing.

Well, Cro Cop did KO Wanderlei and Hunt did beat Wanderlei. Not that it matters...

It's funny how you keep ignoring the fact that Sapp was over a 100lbs bigger than Hoost. Your whole argument is thus invalid, give it up.

Size advantages don't invalidate wins. If that were the case, we need to strike early UFC and most Pride fights from the record.

Well, Cro Cop did KO Wanderlei and Hunt did beat Wanderlei. Not that it matters...

You try and invalidate Sapp's win based on his size, then you cite Cro Cop and Hunt beating Wanderlei? You do understand that both Cro Cop and Hunt had size advantages over Wanderlei? Not that it matters...

That's the quote you posted after I corrected you. See what I meant about being a pitiful liar? Your original quote only talked about Machida's father training Vitor Belfort. If you knew Machida himself trained Vitor, then you shouldn't have challenged my post stating he did.

You really need to stick to your medication Jarad. Here is my original quote. Where did I say that Machida did not train with Belfort? I did not. I said that he never bought in Belfort to help him with his striking. Belfort came on his own free will. Why the fuck would Machida go to him for help with striking and Belfort was the one who went to his own dad for help with striking? God you are an idiot.

LOL Machida never bought in Belfort to help him train in striking. You are confused with Belfort who bought in Lyoto's father Yoshizo Machida to help him with his Karate.

No, it's embarrassing that a person you regard as the greatest Kickboxing has to offer was beaten by a low-tier MMA fighter with just striking. It discredits the K-1 myth that states K-1 fighters are inherently superior. In head to head match ups, K-1 fighters tend to fail miserably against MMA strikers.

But Jarad. How can you say that you know more than MMA fighters and that you disagree with their assessment? Are you a wise old MMA guru that MMA fighters need to go to to learn the "TRUTH""? They feel Hoost is one of the greatest of all time. But you live in a delusional world where to you, Hoost many accomplishments in kickboxing does not exist. MMA fighters sacrifice time way from family to travel across the globe and train with K-1 strikers but you say they are wasting their time and they are stupid. It is just his fight with Sapp. YES!!! That is all that exist in the world of Jarad Kyoto...The Sapp vs Hoost fight. No logic. No looking with a open mind, Just that Sapp beat Hoost and that's it. All black and white.

That isn't what I said. I said that being a Kickboxer doesn't *automatically* mean that you strike more than every MMA fighter, and I gave an example of one MMA fighter that does more striking than the average Kickboxer.

How does Machida do more striking than a Kickboxer? He also has to train grappling and wrestling. If Machida trains more striking than a Kickboxer than that is bad considering he got dropped by Jon Jones and Shogun. Kickboxers specialize in striking because that is their sport.

No, you haven't. Posting a highlight video is the same as naming the exact kick or technique that has *never* been applied in MMA. You refuse to do so because you're incapable of doing so.

Bro, look at his fucking skills. He trained more in kicks than the average MMA fighter.Look at the fluency of Dutch Kickboxers when they throw kicks and punches in combination compared to an average MMA fighter. That is their sport.

Like I said before, you verbalize like a retard.

You are saying that James Toney beating Sapp in a Boxing match if Toney boxes with him is conjecture. That is like me saying that you could not beat Lebron James in basketball and you turn around and say that it is conjecture.

You get it yet?

Size advantages don't invalidate wins. If that were the case, we need to strike early UFC and most Pride fights from the record.

You try and invalidate Sapp's win based on his size, then you cite Cro Cop and Hunt beating Wanderlei? You do understand that both Cro Cop and Hunt had size advantages over Wanderlei? Not that it matters...

Hunt and Cro Cop were not superweights Jarad.

Wanderlei still went up to 245 when he fought Cro Cop.

Sapp was 350 pounds and standing at 6'5 while roided out. Hoost still dropped him in the fight but kept brawling with him. You still have not in any of your posts broke down skillsets applied in many fights we discussed, how Manhoef got dropped, or what typed of skill Hoost applied against Sapp that was different his many successful fights.

You hate Kickboxing we get it. You probably got assaulted by a kickboxer when you were young and now your warped perception has become erratic. To the point that you feel:

1) You know more than MMA fighters.

2) You think MMA fighters are dumb and they don't know what they are doing with their training.

3) That Bob Sapps is the most skilled striker in the world and he could out box James Toney.

4) That Machida called an imaginary Belfort to come help him in striking.

5) That Kickboxers train less striking than MMA fighters because Kickboxers are more bionic than MMA fighters.

We are here for you Jarad. We are here for you.

That's why i said "not that it matters". And how funny is that, they don't have near the same size advantage and you're crying about those wins. LOL! The hypocrisy is oozing out of you.

RIP, Andy Hug! More than anyone, I think he would have been able to cross over successfully into MMA. He was fast, strong and extremely resilient. If he had not been taken so soon by his tragic disease, he would have been right there with Hunt and Cro-Cop in Pride FC and perhaps, the UFC.

Ubereem is a MMA fighter who went to K-1, not a K-1 fighter who went to MMA. The reason he even dominated is because half the K-1 roster is a bunch of retiree-age fighters who should have retired 5yrs ago.

Ubereem is a MMA fighter who went to K-1, not a K-1 fighter who went to MMA. The reason he even dominated is because half the K-1 roster is a bunch of retiree-age fighters who should have retired 5yrs ago.

just cause the heavyweight division of late isn't the best it doesn't mean K-1 sucks. People tend to think that only heavyweights fight in K-1...smh

This is a stupid discussion.
In K1 or MMA, sometimes the better guy gets kicked/punched and loses.

RIP, Andy Hug! More than anyone, I think he would have been able to cross over successfully into MMA. He was fast, strong and extremely resilient. If he had not been taken so soon by his tragic disease, he would have been right there with Hunt and Cro-Cop in Pride FC and perhaps, the UFC.

Once he got his Boxing down pack along with his incredible kicks he was simply amazing.

Didn't Wanderlei and Rampage kind of dispel this a very long time ago? Wand went toe to toe with CroCop and Hunto. Rampage won in K1 kickboxing.

No one destroyed Wanderlei more than Mirko did and he did it with his skills and did it easily. I like Wand, but it was a total destruction and Mirko was way out of his league.
Rampage defeated Abidi (one of the worst K-1 fighters), we all know he as would Mousasi die against such as prime Mirko or JLB, Hoost etc...
Hunt was too much for Wanderlei and was completely new to PRIDE and its rules, not to mention Hunt was never a good kickboxer as were the best of K-1 fighters, it was more to his durabilty and heart that he was successful, taking massive beating in his many fights and has a losing record against K-1 elites (JLB 3:1 in JLB favor, Mirko 1:0, Hoost 1:0, Semmy Schilt 1:0, Peter Graham 1:1, Ray Sefo 1:0 and that was time when Mark was a much better striker than he is now).

The best of MMA strikers don't hold a candle to the best of K-1 strikers.

Andi Hug's axe kicks were things of beauty. So often thought of as a useless TKD technique, he made them fight ending monsters.

Here's a little test for you trollboys:

Walk into any serious MMA gym and find their striking coach. Tell them how much Hoost, Aerts and Mirko suck at striking, and if you're feeling extra fresh throw in names like Buakaw and Petrosyan. Watch their reaction.

:icon_lol:

Any top 50 boxer would knockout any pound for pound UFC fighter of any weight.

He's the one that initiated the takedown with Bigfoot. But nice try, though. And Browne wasn't attempting to take him down when he kept spamming the same kick.

LOL, think about it.

Against Browne he was gassed, same thing against Big Foot and he WAS afraid of being taken down. What's the best way to stop someone from taking you down? Take THEM down.

None of those things take away the fact that he kept his hands low because he didn't want to be taken down. Those are just different circumstances to cause him not to move his head. The reason his hands are down because he wants to catch them with underhooks when they shoot doubles on him, use his strength to lift them up so he could knee them.

He has had terrible gameplanning and I don't think his stance is a good one but he doesn't get KO'd because his hands are down, he gets KO'd because he stops moving his head.

It's his gas tank that really hurts him.

Rothwell just TKO'd Overeem. Rothwell should fight in K-1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back