Can psychedelic drugs cure CTE?

A promotion where fighters take a hit of acid 55 min before round one and then maybe smoke a lungfull of DMT between rounds

I'm watching the Rogan podcast and them talking about DMT and mushrooms and it got me thinking. Could psychedelic drugs be a cure for CTE?

It seems with CTE and depression people just get really focused on one thing and want to give up. Maybe trips can help them give perspective to life and see the bigger picture. Is this being overlooked as a potential cure for CTE?
That would be like drinking petrol to get you started in the morning.

This is absolutely false. LSD does not "cure" anything. You've clearly never taken it.

LSD and other psychedelics can help someone get through trauma. Just taking a tab of acid won't make you get over extremely trauma, and the process to move beyond trauma is never "instant" so please stop posting this garbage. I'm a proponent of psychedelics and think they can help a lot of people. I've done a good amount of research on my own and also helped a friend (studying for a master's degree in psychology) with parts of a thesis related to paychedpsych and potential therapeutic uses for them, so please don't say I need to educate myself, since I already have.

I suspect you'll either not respond or tell me to "look it up" so why don't you save everyone some time and look it up for yourself, then post a supporting link if you can find one (you can't)

I think I was mixing up these two articles I read because I distinctly remember soldiers having PTSD

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/us/ecstasy-molly-ptsd-mdma.html

"after two sessions of psychotherapy with the party drug, officially known as MDMA, a majority of 26 combat veterans and first responders with chronic PTSD who had not been helped by traditional methods saw dramatic decreases in symptoms.

The improvements were so dramatic that 68 percent of the patients no longer met the clinical criteria for PTSD. Patients taking the drug also experienced “drastic” improvements in sleep and became more conscientious, according to the study
."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lsd-a-wonder-drug-once-again/

"That's when she turned to a drug that might blow your mind… "Kids, mommy's gonna tell you all about the first time she tried acid!"

That's right: LSD. In secret, Waldman actually began taking a miniscule amount every three days. It's called microdosing, and it's a controversial yet growing trend among the Silicon Valley crowd. But for her, she says, it worked..."Best way I could describe it, a little more cheerful and a little more effective at work, like, a little more productive."

Yep. Joe had Jamie pull up an article from high times and it turns out getting high cures everything. It's pretty damn irresponsible with Joe having so many listeners who take what he says seriously to try to override doctors opinions because he read an article from an advocacy website. He had Ian Edwards on once and told him his doctor was an idiot and to eat more sodium because he read an article that said athletes need more sodium. The guy is a comic ffs.

The only thing that fixes cte is percussive maintenance to the skull.

Ruin your life how?
You can experience the most extreme emotions and thoughts in a trip. If you have a terrible LVL 5 trip that goes badly, that might be the end of "sane" you for a few days...or the rest of your entire life. It does happen all the time.

I don't think so but like everyone else that's "answered" this thread I have no medical training.

Some people dont understand that depression and ptsd are in a vastly different catagory to a brain injury through trauma.

Cure?? Rat poison can “cure” cte too the same way they can.. can’t notice cte symptoms if you’re high 24/7 lol .. rogan is a drug addict and an imbecile.. wouldn’t put much thought into anything that fool says

Sorry to break this to you but the writer or artist or musician of pretty much anything you've ever enjoyed was almost certainly on drugs

Hell, I'm high right now, and I'm pretty sure my earlier post was the smartest one ITT
Lol, everybody high af thinks they are the bees knees.

Is normal.

Shrooms/Halucinagens hit people differently. What could be a mild controllable high to one person may send another into a hospital.

Try new things is small doses folks, I once seen a girl get medi-vac’d because she lost control off just a hit of weed.

Some people get affected permanently from trippin’ and are never quite the same upstairs

Apparently high doses of fentanyl cure cte too

Back