Can other countries sue the US for meddling with their government?

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I am not even gonna bother to list all the times the US has swayed or straight up strong armed leadership in another country. But the US could have a class action lawsuit on its hands.

The New York Times has published a major two-part exposé titled “The Libya Gamble” on how then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton pushed President Obama to begin bombing Libya five years ago this month. Today, Libya is a failed state and a haven for terrorists. How much should Hillary Clinton be blamed for the crisis?

Unlike us normal citizens, the government takes care of and covers each others asses. Theyll break a rule and just change it. We should take note.

In the 1990s american media and presidents enjoyed fucking a wounded and begging Russia. They even bragged about it! Dont forget russia wanted to join EU and NATO but the US pushed the others to say no.

1101960715_400.jpg

No. If they could then every country in the world can sue us (UK).

Really, they should attack us, and we should attack anyone that screws with us.

I imagine countries could sue in some international court. Can't imagine the US giving any legitimacy to it or anyone being able to collect damages.

how can we interfere? we were just giving them some freedoms. dropping bombs and the war on drugs was for the sake of freedom and democracy around the world

I want to sue Wakanda for not using their technology to better the world.

Not if they want to keep their foreign aid.

I know this is tongue in cheek, but it's nevertheless stupid.

The history of the South American continent is the US fighting democracy and then only allowing immigrants from countries they didn't successfully fuck up and that oppose them, to weaken them.

Countries like Honduras, El Salvador, Iran, Chile, Libya, etc. would have good reason to demand reparations.

There's also an entire discussion about how benevolent the US's history of foreign aid has really been in undermining foreign markets and preventing economic independence of third world countries.

May, but who's gonna collect? The U.N, oh wait, the U.N ain't got no aaaarrmy!

I know this is tongue in cheek, but it's nevertheless stupid.

The history of the South American continent is the US fighting democracy and then only allowing immigrants from countries they didn't successfully fuck up and that oppose them, to weaken them.

Countries like Honduras, El Salvador, Iran, Chile, Libya, etc. would have good reason to demand reparations.

There's also an entire discussion about how benevolent the US's history of foreign aid has really been in undermining foreign markets and preventing economic independence of third world countries.

I watched a documentary on Bananas. lol. There is a reason they are so cheap.

Delicious taste aside, the unanimous popularity of the banana lies in its low cost to the consumer; it's decidedly cheaper than other fruits in the supermarket such as apples or pears.Banana Land lays bare the ultimate result of these low prices in the form of cheap pesticides, abusive labor practices and comprised environmental standards.

As illuminated in the film, the crisis in the banana industry harbors even more nefarious implications than those already cited. The banana business model began in 1899 with the formation of the United Fruit Company (UFC). The company monopolized the industry, attracting investments from wealthy and powerful players throughout the globe, which in turn led to the protections and support of lawmakers in Washington. In order to ensure that bananas would remain the lowest cost fruit on the market, the UFC partnered with repressive regimes throughout Central America. These regimes worked to stifle any objections from the industry's exploited workers, even in the form of massive bloodshed.

As argued by the film's esteemed interview subjects, these practices set a precedent which remains intact today. This is evidenced by the Chiquita Corporation's admitted financial support of the United Self-Defense Forces of Columbia, a paramilitary group which worked to defend the economic interests of the region by violently attacking its opposition.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/banana-land-blood-bullets-poison/

I watched a documentary on Bananas. lol. There is a reason they are so cheap.

Delicious taste aside, the unanimous popularity of the banana lies in its low cost to the consumer; it's decidedly cheaper than other fruits in the supermarket such as apples or pears.Banana Land lays bare the ultimate result of these low prices in the form of cheap pesticides, abusive labor practices and comprised environmental standards.

As illuminated in the film, the crisis in the banana industry harbors even more nefarious implications than those already cited. The banana business model began in 1899 with the formation of the United Fruit Company (UFC). The company monopolized the industry, attracting investments from wealthy and powerful players throughout the globe, which in turn led to the protections and support of lawmakers in Washington. In order to ensure that bananas would remain the lowest cost fruit on the market, the UFC partnered with repressive regimes throughout Central America. These regimes worked to stifle any objections from the industry's exploited workers, even in the form of massive bloodshed.

As argued by the film's esteemed interview subjects, these practices set a precedent which remains intact today. This is evidenced by the Chiquita Corporation's admitted financial support of the United Self-Defense Forces of Columbia, a paramilitary group which worked to defend the economic interests of the region by violently attacking its opposition.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/banana-land-blood-bullets-poison/

SMH

Back