Can McGregor make more in 1 boxing match against Mayweather then the rest of his UFC career?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
McGregor is talking like he will get a boxing fight with Mayweather. Obviously the UFC doesn't want this and Conor also talks a lot. But, lets say it happens. Win or lose McGregor would sign a contract with an agreed upon amount and with bonus pay after that. However, if that fight happens and Conor loses he could potentially never fight in the UFC again, so Conor's pay would have to be his last big fight check. Let's say that Conor has 5-8 more UFC fights in him before he retires.

Could Conor make enough in 1 boxing match against Mayweather that it would equal out or surpass all of the money that he'd make in the rest of his UFC career in case he never fights in MMA again?

Perhaps, BUT - Just like the UFC, he will be a one-hit nwonder, but in the opposite manner: He will get completely embarrassed and routed.

For the humiliation he will suffer in a boxing match against Floyd, and the killers waiting for him in the UFC, he'll probably retire on that one fight and never defend shit in the UFC, so he's going to negotiate for at least 100 million.

Floyd won't fight him. He's got bigger fights with bigger opponents waiting for him if he chooses to come out of retirement. He's not stupid enough to make his 50th fight end with a bum on his resume.

Floyd won't fight him. He's got bigger fights with bigger opponents waiting for him if he chooses to come out of retirement. He's not stupid enough to make his 50th fight end with a bum on his resume.

He fought Berto for his 49th... Bum

McGregor is talking like he will get a boxing fight with Mayweather. Obviously the UFC doesn't want this and Conor also talks a lot. But, lets say it happens. Win or lose McGregor would sign a contract with an agreed upon amount and with bonus pay after that. However, if that fight happens and Conor loses he could potentially never fight in the UFC again, so Conor's pay would have to be his last big fight check. Let's say that Conor has 5-8 more UFC fights in him before he retires.

Could Conor make enough in 1 boxing match against Mayweather that it would equal out or surpass all of the money that he'd make in the rest of his UFC career in case he never fights in MMA again?
Stop shitposting.

Problem is even if they agree on a price, the only way the UFC would allow it is if they were taking a huge chunk

Big Mac gonna have to go the Shannon Briggs route.

Yes.

If he negotiated right, hed make at LEAST 50 mil, maybe 100. Just to punch air and get schooled.

In the UFC, he is a loss or two away drom being Ronda.

No Conor can lose to the winner of Khabib/Ferg and fall back on Nate 3 and Aldo 2. Those three fights in my opinion should be close to give or take to what he should realistically take away against Floyd.

If he beats the winner of Khabib/Ferg and continue to win then he stands to make more, with Nate 3 and Aldo 2 always there for him should he go on a losing streak.

I'd be curious to see how many PPVs it would sell. I can't imagine why people would be willing to spend PPV money to see a retired guy vs a guy with a 0-0 record, but I'm sure they will. If it happens, he'll definitely retire after. He doesn't want to fight Khabib now, let alone after spending most of a year training only boxing.

Depends on how many more times he fights in mixed martial arts and it depends on what his undisclosed UFC PPV percentage is. It's safe to assume he makes around 10-15million ontop of his disclosed pay when he does 1million-1.5million in my opinion ( but we don't know). I'd think he'd make between 30 and 50 million to fight Floyd.

Not if he loses the first 2
First 2 as in Floyd and Khabib/Ferg? He'll do Nate 3 and he can lose that too and claim he never lost the FW belt and fight Aldo again. His numbers will drop but I can see those last two fights still doing decent numbers.

First 2 as in Floyd and Khabib/Ferg? He'll do Nate 3 and he can lose that too and claim he never lost the FW belt and fight Aldo again. His numbers will drop but I can see those last two fights still doing decent numbers.
Yea maybe. But if he gets mauled and subbed by Khabib, and then finished by Nate, i doubt Aldo 2 does big numbers

Back