Can i buy unsigned pride gloves anywhere?

michi972

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I saw many signed pride gloves, but they are too expensive, becaues of authographs.Are there unsigned for sale anywhere?

I say go to a gym where one of the fighters from Pride trains at and offer to buy his gloves. Or get Topboxer to make a replica.

Genuine Pride gloves whether signed or otherwise run around $800-1200 depending on condition. Unsigned are actually more rare than signed and usually demand a premium.

If you have contact with an ex-Pride fighter you can ask them to buy theirs - Most don't have them though, I have tried that. Pride took many fighters gloves back and gave them away or auctioned them off.

I have a pair of the Dynasty replicas. They are cool gloves but not even close to genuine Pride gloves in design or quality. Still not bad for the money if you want to use them or get them signed.

Thunder made some nice ones close to the real thing. Idk bout the quality though.

Thunder made some nice ones close to the real thing. Idk bout the quality though.

The Thunders weren't even close. I bought them on a whim because Bas Rutten endorsed the brand, but I was really disappointed with them.

There were several brands that tried to make the same "style" with open palm, finger loops, segmented break on the back of the fist etc, but the cut and padding were all wrong.

Ring to cage makes a pride style glove too.

Ring to cage makes a pride style glove too.

The Ring to Cage one is a clone based on the Windy Pride glove. I have the Windy ones and they are nice, but most of the padding is on the back of the hand, with very little in the front of the knuckles and fingers. Again, they have the elements of a PRIDE glove, but the actual cut and padding are way off.

I wish a company could have dissected an actual DSE Pride glove to make a proper clone like the way they do with some BJJ gi brands, but it's very unlikely that'll ever happen. Instead we just get clones of clones of clones, and none of which are even based off the original.

Sengoku, DREAM and K1 Heroes had Pride-ish styled gloves right? Maybe R2C or someone stateside could recreate those.

I know the owners of Dynasty and they have never owned or seen a Pride glove in real life. What does that tell you about their gloves?

DREAM gloves are very similar and roughly 95% the same as PRIDE gloves. Main difference I can see is that the DREAM gloves appear to have thicker wrist padding. (I own both.)

Sengoku made a cheaper knock-off pair. You can still buy them from ISAMI. They are currently used by KSW but in white colour.

RIZIN gloves are similar in many design aspects to PRIDE/DREAM gloves with a few updates. The fingers are held more securely, shape amended slightly, less wrist padding etc.

I know the owners of Dynasty and they have never owned or seen a Pride glove in real life. What does that tell you about their gloves?

DREAM gloves are very similar and roughly 95% the same as PRIDE gloves. Main difference I can see is that the DREAM gloves appear to have thicker wrist padding. (I own both.)

Sengoku made a cheaper knock-off pair. You can still buy them from ISAMI. They are currently used by KSW but in white colour.

RIZIN gloves are similar in many design aspects to PRIDE/DREAM gloves with a few updates. The fingers are held more securely, shape amended slightly, less wrist padding etc.

@teamwilkes, think you can post a high res album of your collection sometime? I might never own a pair myself, but always love to admire them and their fine details/craftsmanship!
It would be much appreciated!

Who manufactured them? When I was at New Breed last (over 6-7 years ago) Ouano still had a bunch of the gloves they made for promotions in storage. Maybe email John Ouano and see if he can get you a pair or get you in touch with someone. I remember seeing Elite XC gloves and some other cool stuff in the stock room but I can't remember if there was any Pride stuff.

Who manufactured them? When I was at New Breed last (over 6-7 years ago) Ouano still had a bunch of the gloves they made for promotions in storage. Maybe email John Ouano and see if he can get you a pair or get you in touch with someone. I remember seeing Elite XC gloves and some other cool stuff in the stock room but I can't remember if there was any Pride stuff.

John Veloso Ouano?

I don't know much about this, but is there a difference in desirability between the white and red bolts? new white bolts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIDE-FC-AU...061463?hash=item43ee31f9d7:g:3eQAAOSw2x1XL8QC

They unsigned and significantly more than Wanderlei signed red bolts:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/wanderlei-s...615075?hash=item4637e748e3:g:HcMAAOSwKrhVZj-1

Also, these fakes are cheap and lace-up:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIDE-repli...454913?hash=item2eee3cc241:g:xF8AAOSw1DtXF13~

The red bolts were sold on-line as "replicas" on the Pride FC website.

The white bolts were the ones they sold at Pride events.

If anyone is interested I have unsigned red bolt gloves with bag on eBay right now. I'm not sure if I can post link but it is easy to find.

I realize this post is late, but thought you might want to see some of my gloves. Just a small part of my collection.

All are fighter issued or event purchased genuine fight gloves.

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    904.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    783.2 KB · Views: 15
Back