Can I beat CM Punk?

do you seriously think that being a pro wrestler is a significant help to become an MMA fighter, more than being a pro footballer or a pro badmington player, I mean.

(not in marlketing terms, in which pro-w is definitely helps)

Being a pro sportsman is going to give some sort of advantage.

Comparing pro wrestling to something like badminton is ridculous. Do badminton players regularly get slammed and throw people around? The physicality between the two is incomparable, American football would be a better comparison because both take impact at a high level and on a regular basis. I’m not saying that staged pro wrestling moves would translate to mma skills, or whatever you think I’m trying to say? It’s the physical demands of it.

And I’m not saying specifically because it’s pro wrestling. But as bas rutten has and numerous other fighters have said, pro wrestlers are condition to go through a lot of shit with their bodies the most people just aren’t.

i believe in TS but to be fair i'd pick any young sherdogger that isn't a complete fat ass

Punk probably has some skill but his body is shot and he's way past his prime physically its hard to pick somebody like that

Dude I was not letting somebody get away with saying punk is a better athelete then me. He better at a lot of things but that's the one imma hold till the death. I honestly just thought more people would vote against me or roast me but so far everyone has been nice :(

You guys have changed, this isnt the sherdog i know. When did you guys get so soft?
I see you have a sign up date of 2010. You were 12 when you created your account?

Being a pro sportsman is going to give some sort of advantage.

Comparing pro wrestling to something like badminton is ridculous. Do badminton players regularly get slammed and throw people around? The physicality between the two is incomparable, American football would be a better comparison because both take impact at a high level and on a regular basis. I’m not saying that staged pro wrestling moves would translate to mma skills, or whatever you think I’m trying to say? It’s the physical demands of it.

And I’m not saying specifically because it’s pro wrestling. But as bas rutten has and numerous other fighters have said, pro wrestlers are condition to go through a lot of shit with their bodies the most people just aren’t.

badmington players have great cardio !

I think the benefits of getting slammed and throwing willing people who jump with the throw are exagerated.
ok they are professionnal "sportsmen" but that's all in my opinion, and just like a professional badmington player, who also goes through a lot of shit that most people aren't (I don't play badmington FYI :D)
if anything their bodies will be broken up by injuries and years or jumping and falling on the ground.

we agree it is zero help for MMA skills, and disagree on the importance of the physical shape help it can give

EDIT : I just saw a few pictures, and obviously don't watch pro-w, do you think he was juicing at the time ?

Question: are you a bully?
If so, maybe we can get Mayhem Miller to revive his show and feature you and da Punk.

(Seriously, I'd pick you.)

I hit a triple once in high school baseball and hardly ever cry anymore when I take a tumble

can I play?

Cm punk via having had a more prestigious title than a ufc title.

EDIT : I just saw a few pictures, and obviously don't watch pro-w, do you think he was juicing at the time ?
No idea, I stopped watching pro-wrestling after the rock and stone cold left when i was a kid haha.

You have decent stand up and have a basic ground competence. If you train regularly, you would beat him. Those on here saying CM has any kind of grappling chops are misinformed. I do not know of any grappling tournament at any level he has participated in. He is old and he started training far too late to develop real skills. Especially since he appears to have absolutely no genetic predisposition for either stand-up or grappling.

Most people do not train in any kind of MMA related art. CM would do just fine against most of those people. But I think he would struggle mightily against most any trained combat athlete withing 20 lbs of him. At pretty much any level.

I am 100% convinced that punk doesn’t train much if at all. No one trains full time for years like he supposedly has been and fights that bad.

Punk is cashing in on his fame and nothing else.

And didn’t we find out his ground game was as good as his stand up, which is nil. He looked like a fish out of water, not someone who has been training bjj for years.

TS, you would wreck him. Tons of people who have no business being in the ufc would.

I watched 10 seconds of video and read your post, you would win easily.

Nothing in that video showed me that you could defend the Go to Sleep.

Sorry ts.

Yes. He’s legit. Inbox me and I’ll trll you about it

Sorry, TS, you'd be the 2nd one ever in history losing via "Submission (Terror)". He's a professional fighter, you're not...

no. not even if u brought back bruce lee and yip man from the grave to train you

The ones saying CM Punk wins must be training at his gym. Maybe I missed some recent training footage, but the ones I saw along with the fight don't really show anyone capable of beating a guy who looks to have pretty good standup and holds his own against guys headed to college wrestling programs.

no training, no fighting experience....just a 6'4, 270 lb man built like a brick shit house. I would eat CM Punk for breakfast.

Punk has been training with killers every day for 3+ years. Sorry champ, but he'd tap you pretty quick I think.
I also train with killers brother. Your training partners dont make you. Also this is actually 1 thing I hold against punk.... You give me 3-4 years with millions of dollars to live off and elite training partners and a guarantee by the end of those 3-4 years i would be UFC ready..... Might washout after going 1-2 in three fights or something but I am almost 1000% certain I look better then punk did in there.

Back