Can I beat CM Punk?

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by kingkshon73, May 21, 2018.

1. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

After clowning punk and basically guaranteeing he gets killed in the first round for his next fight i was promptly told by my friend that CM punk would probably beat me in a fight.... This did not sit well with me, in any event I took a short video before class doing some warm up pads with my coach. Im coming off a couple of lengthy injuries (Lower Back, Nose and knee) so im definitely more then a little rusty but I figured some sort of video is better then none. So who do you got sherdog? I got 10$ riding on this that you guys pick me so dont let me down sherbros!!!

EDIT: For those asking about my other experience, I took Gold in white belt for nogi in an Accenssion and GTA classic, Bronze in a grappling industys event and 4 in the NoGi provincials, that was all 2 years ago. I hold my own with the high level high school wrestlers in my gym (All College Bound wrestlers), and I have a 2-1 record in Muay Thai.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch War Bobby Knuckles!

Punk via superior stand-up

GhostNote, YewJan, MysticCam and 11 others like this.
  3. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

If that is you then are you just trained in boxing?

CM Punk's strength is his ground game. If you didn't KO him then he has been training BJJ long enough with good enough people to tie you up quickly.

Also looking at your boxing I think CM Punk would land the right hand of doom and once that happens it's curtains.

4. 2sk

2sk Purple Belt

ye bro but cm punk has like 4 years of jiujitsu on you already,once you hit ground with him all your back injuries will cost you

Megatronlee, OmegaRugal and Alphaboy like this.
  5. Whoa Nelly

Whoa Nelly Blue Belt

you KO him 1st round
    Looked smooth and with a snap

6. davidlemonparty

davidlemonparty Green Belt

how much do you weigh? Hard to get perspective, but I am guessing punk would also have some weight on you.

7. rambosabeast

rambosabeast Green Belt

Yeah man. Not meant to be read in a sarcastic tone.

8. Reyesnuthugr

Reyesnuthugr Dominick Reyes Belt

You look quick and reasonably powerful. Also you're in way better shape than him. It's like you got to level up your character but he forgot to press the "confirm" button while training so he got none of the perks or points after all that time. BONUS: your face broadcasts open intelligence instead of delusion. But you don't need all that, should probably limit yourself to one arm and hopping on one leg to level the playing field

If you were an average soccer mom with 2 months of training or more, yes you would beat CM punk, probably go to jail for manslaughter if you weren't careful

Everyone at his own gym kicked his ass in during sparring so unless you're extraordinarily worse than average (including beginners who are trying to go light) then you would absolutely wreck him, just like everyone else.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  9. The Natural Born Runner

The Natural Born Runner Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

You would win, and I mean that seriously.

10. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

Took Gold in white belt for nogi in an Accenssion and GTA classic, Bronze in a grappling industys event and 4 in the NoGi provincials, that was all 2 years ago. I hold my own with the high level high school wrestlers in my gym (All College Bound wrestlers), and I have a 2-1 record in Muay Thai.

EDIT: I grappled at 175 btw so im used to facing bigger stronger grapplers

11. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

You're right I fight at 152 and walk around at about 162-164 in shape

12. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

Step down on those punches a little more and you would knock that Pepsi tattoo off him

13. Fstepp

Fstepp Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

In Boxing, an IQ-test or who is more likely to have a 10 mil networth?

cade187 likes this.
  14. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

Then obviously you would beat CM Punk. You have nice hands and movement. Enough to see that you have been training for a long time. CM Punk doesn't have that flow on the feet.

The GTA classic is just fluff. Playing video games on top of MMA is cool.

15. xentreos

xentreos Green Belt

Hey man he got smashed by Mickey, but he’s still a good athlete( I promise you that despite his appearance) with a decent gym behind him. Your pad work is good and you look like a athlete yourself but if you have never fought or haven’t been training for about 3-4 year, I have cm punk without question.

Punks striking is pretty suspect, but in the time I’ve been doing MMA I’ve realized just how big that gap really is between low level fighters mid tier and top tier fighters. You saw cm punk get smashed by a mid level fighter, don’t assume that anybody with some striking knowledge or MMA knowledge could do so.

Edit: saw your resume up top, you might actually be able to fuck him up if I had to bet on it but my points still stand for other people who think someone like punk would be a cake walk for your average gym bum.

jsbx45 likes this.
  16. kingkshon73

kingkshon73 Green Belt

Not sure I quite got that last line. My 1 caveat to all this is last year april I dropped everything else to become strictly a boxer as there is no money in MMA and I had an equal love for both sports so it only made sense to go the boxing route due to my connections and how amazing my trainer is This is how the debate started, he said im an MMA has been and would get smoked by punk, while im more of a never been since I never did shit in mma I still think with a full camp i would come out on top.

magicmarker likes this.
  17. kiki do you love me

kiki do you love me Green Gucci Suit Platinum Member

18. gunlok

gunlok Black Belt

Which one is you?? I don't think you are beating anyone with those weird flat gloves

19. Grijswaarde

Grijswaarde Black Belt

You would probably outstrike him pretty bad, your boxing looks crisp. Thing is, we are talking mma: Punk would go for a takedown and also probably would outgrapple you. Punk is at least a journeyman/advanced grappler.

So all depends on your takedown defence i guess.

cigano and Tom Taylor like this.
  20. Judoka1532

Judoka1532 Judoka1532

hell i'll throw a vote out there for you. IDK what your grappling experience is but I do know CM Punk is not a good grappler. Your stand up looks better than punks at least....