Can I Ask You Guys For Some Advice?

DopeAmbitions

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lets say your parents didn't approve of someone you wanted to be with, would that make you want to be with the person even more? The parents then approve and push another person on you to be with. Would that make you pull back from the person your family wants you to be with?

I'm asking because within the last couple months me and my girl split up mainly due to her family disliking me so now shes in a rebound with a guy her family loves. Can you psychology experts help me.

If shes willing to walk away because of what her parents think then you're better off without her. Give it some time, whore it up a little, and eventually you will find a woman who wants to be with you regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Assuming that your EX is an adult, she should be mature enough to make her OWN decisions, if she needs her parents approval, and leaves you for another guy, then she did you a favor, you don't want a chick like that in your life anyways.

Usually, a girl’s father not liking her boyfriend makes her want him even more. It’s like that movie She’s out of Control.

But you’re asking a bunch of dudes what they would do in a situation that a woman is in. You might as well ask a polar bear. Even other women don’t know what makes women do anything because they don’t even know why they do shit, although they claim to. But usually it’s bullshit.

On a shallow level I would have done what you described..but the bottom line, if I really was into someone no one could influence me otherwise..

Likewise if I wasn’t into someone, nothing could change that.

The way I see it there were 2 problems

1) you failed to touch anyone with the jab
2) you didn't fill the room with uppercuts

In short, you failed to establish your male dominance and that's why you don't got the girl.

I'm sorry bro but you sound extremely insecure

Stop looking for satisfaction from other people

Let yourself be happy

I don’t think it would influence me at all if my parents pushed someone on me. If I didn’t like the girl my parents were pushing, it wouldn’t do them any good because I wasn’t attracted to her, but women on the other hand are more easily influential than men are, but then again I don’t see them going with the flow of her parents choice if she’s not attracted to the guy who her parents want her to date; unless however, she is attracted to him.

Overall, parents can be posion in a relationship.

Lets say your parents didn't approve of someone you wanted to be with, would that make you want to be with the person even more? The parents then approve and push another person on you to be with. Would that make you pull back from the person your family wants you to be with?

I'm asking because within the last couple months me and my girl split up mainly due to her family disliking me so now shes in a rebound with a guy her family loves. Can you psychology experts help me.

You clearly missed the 'How To Get Your Girlfriend's Parents To Like You 101' in college.

Its actually even more important to get your girlfriend's parents to like you, than her friends.

But, now you've learned your lesson.

Can't go back and pass a test you failed in a past semester.

I'd make my own decision either way dude! Wouldn't allow family to influence my decisions! You're your own man are you not?

If she’s letting her parents run her life, stay away from her.

Depends largely on what you think of your family. Do you think they want what's best for you? Do you think they are a bunch of crackpots who don't know their asses from a hole in the ground?

Lol I remember your original thread.

For your own good the only advice is move on. No psychology needed

If she really liked you, her family wouldnt be able to persuade her, that or you didnt dick her down hard enough, im guessing the latter

From a guy's perspective, no. The main reason for a guy's family to dislike his gf is a skanky, trashy or airhead vibe, and it would be kind of embarrassing to be looked at as some sucker who's trying to turn a ho into a housewife.

It depends on the reason they don't like you and at what age with women. If it's because you're kind of scummy, younger girls think of you as a "bad boy" and they will be the one to change you. If her family dislikes you because you're a bum, she'll move right past it.

I personally would never get back together with a chick who fucked anybody else since we started dating. Even if you're broken up when she does it, it would be like she called a timeout to get some more dicks in her cause just yours wasn't enough, then says "ok, you can take care of me now that those guys are done with me".

If that's her wishy washy attitude, you're in for a lot more problems in the future. It's certainly not a "decent guy" thing to do, but you should bang her one more time. You get laid and you get the satisfaction of knowing that she's the type of chick who will still cheat on her new bf with her exes and that'll clear up any delusions you have about her being such a great catch.

Back