Can GSP do what Tim Kennedy did?

Nope
Tim
Kennedy weighs roughly 95lbs more than Gsp

But he's less skilled on the feet and doesn't set up his takedowns as well as GSP, and he's slower.

But he's less skilled on the feet and doesn't set up his takedowns as well as GSP, and he's slower.

I don't give a flying fuck

That kinda size advantage with a skill set is non comparable

Think.. the 9/10 times BJ thought he was a WW

GSP is incredibly strong for his size. He'll get Bisping down and eventually holds him down. If that fails, left hook Larry's coming.

1. No one knows what GSP will look like but he constantly trained during his hiatus so I can't imagine he's regressed much.

2. 2014 Bisping > 2017 Bisping. Bisping looks worse every fight. Wear and tear is catching up and Bisping is definitely slowing down.

3. Yes/no. I believe GSP can TD Bisping repeatedly but I don't think he can plant him to the ground like Kennedy can.

4. GSP 49-46, 49-46, 50-45
Well, I wouldn't go that far. I think he's just getting less and less patient. He's staying in the pocket longer and sitting down on his punches more. Those things leave him open for the double.

I don't give a flying fuck

That kinda size advantage with a skill set is non comparable

Think.. the 9/10 times BJ thought he was a WW
Hey

BJ knocked Hughes out once and choked him out once

BJ got a 10-8 round against Jon Fitch, who looked like the Terminator at the time, and the fight was a draw

BJ was doing fine against Nick Diaz and actually won the first round. Then he gassed.

Rory just brutalized him.

BJ did alright. He looked better at 170 then he did/does at 145.

Hey

BJ knocked Hughes out once and choked him out once

BJ got a 10-8 round against Jon Fitch, who looked like the Terminator at the time, and the fight was a draw

BJ was doing fine against Nick Diaz and actually won the first round. Then he gassed.

Rory just brutalized him.

BJ did alright. He looked better at 170 then he did/does at 145.

Yah it's funny really, because that's exactly how I see GSP and Bisping playing out
GSP will do alright first 2 rounds
Probably get a couple worthless takedowns maybe land a jab

Then Bisping will take over with ease and finish it

Exactly like BJ fights at WW

Doubtful...huge size and strength difference between Kennedy and GSP...

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I think he's just getting less and less patient. He's staying in the pocket longer and sitting down on his punches more. Those things leave him open for the double.
I guess all I'm saying is that ole man, TRT free Dan should not have done that well against Bisping. I didn't think Bisping was going get out the first round and with the new scoring system I don't understand how he didn't get a 10-8 round. I had the fight a draw.

If that Bisping shows up to fight GSP he's going to lose. If the Bisping that fought AS shows up then we have an interesting fight on our hands.

Yah it's funny really, because that's exactly how I see GSP and Bisping playing out

Have you ever seen GSP slow down except for the Shields fight and that was caused by an eye poke?

If anyone has a better gas tank than Bisping it's GSP.

Please remember that Tim did this to Bisping after Bisping had a long layoff and surgery. Otherwise its really the only time we have seen Bisping grapplefucked like that.

GSP's game is vastly different though. People who thinks he goes out there and spams takedowns don't appreciate what he is doing. He sets up his TD's with striking and sets up his striking with TD'd. He spends half the time on his feet and on the ground in most fights. He won't look to blanket like Tim did. He gets TD's and works to improve positions. This leads to scrambles and escapes etc.

I think GSP will have his most success on the feet with the threat of the Takedown.

Have you ever seen GSP slow down except for the Shields fight and that was caused by an eye poke?

I don't recall him being slowed down in the Shields fight... Just the Diaz fight but apparently both guys were sick.

Penn gasses, GSP doesn't. Bisping probably has the superior gas tank but I don't think it will be a factor.

I guess all I'm saying is that ole man, TRT free Dan should not have done that well against Bisping. I didn't think Bisping was going get out the first round and with the new scoring system I don't understand how he didn't get a 10-8 round. I had the fight a draw.

If that Bisping shows up to fight GSP he's going to lose. If the Bisping that fought AS shows up then we have an interesting fight on our hands.
Dan's last couple of fights went ways they shouldn't have. There's no reason he should've gotten through Lombard. He just performed better than anyone could have expected. Kinda like Coleman running through Bonnar.

Dan's last couple of fights went ways they shouldn't have. There's no reason he should've gotten through Lombard. He just performed better than anyone could have expected. Kinda like Coleman running through Bonnar.
I thought Lombard was the first live death in the UFC. There was a solid 3 minutes where Lombard was lifeless.

I've Never seen gsp fight at 185 and neither have you

Gas tanks disappear quicker when your trying to take down a huge man
Getting hit off a huge man

Penn gasses, GSP doesn't. Bisping probably has the superior gas tank but I don't think it will be a factor.

He's not going to be much bigger than when he fought Shields. Probably 192 in the cage. Bisping is not a heavy hitter and GSP takedowns come from a blast double usually. He's not going to be working takedowns from the clinch. He Will use his jab and kicks from range to create openings for the double.

Back