Can Fedor somehow get it done in this tournament of bums?

I am the biggest Fedor fan out there but hope is dwindling after his last couple of outings....

Is there any way he can go “classic” Fedor and get it done against these jokers that he would have gone thru in one night back in the day?

Please someone...anyone... tell me there is some light ahead....
I love Fedor but dude is OLD as fuck. They all are but Fedor and Roy are the OLDEST and we all know that age is most fighters' kryptonite. Just look at how geriatric this entire shit tourney is:
  • Fedor - 41
  • Roy - 41
  • Chael - 40
  • Rampage - 39
  • Matt - 39
  • Mir - 38
  • King Mo - 37
  • Bader - 34
Fedor might still beat a fat/old/gassed Mir but Chael gets a UD, Matt KOs him again, King Mo KOs him and Bader does whatever he wants.

Come to think of it, Bader vs King Mo is the real final fight - since whoever wins this, wins the entire thing EASY. Bader takes it IMO.

Chael is a much worse fight for Fedor IMO. Chael.doesn't have size but he has a chin and massive pressure. Fedor doesn't fight well against pressure he can't move laterally and his timing is fucked. Chael.is a great fighter still because of his iron jaw and his relentless pace along with world.class wrestling. Mir is in horrible shape now, but you don't think he has been training his ass off the last two months? Guaranteed he comes into the cage 10-15lbs below the he limit. Mir at 250 is still way slower than Fedor but still dangerous on the feet for a guy who only throws haymakers now.

Chael is a much worse fight for Fedor IMO. Chael.doesn't have size but he has a chin and massive pressure. Fedor doesn't fight well against pressure he can't move laterally and his timing is fucked. Chael.is a great fighter still because of his iron jaw and his relentless pace along with world.class wrestling. Mir is in horrible shape now, but you don't think he has been training his ass off the last two months? Guaranteed he comes into the cage 10-15lbs below the he limit. Mir at 250 is still way slower than Fedor but still dangerous on the feet for a guy who only throws haymakers now.

Mir will not be below 260. Guarantee it. He's fucking enormous these days and its not the Brock/Carwin era muscle either.

I don’t think so. But how many tournaments has Fedor been in? I feel like he has been in more tournaments than any other fighter.

I don’t think so. But how many tournaments has Fedor been in? I feel like he has been in more tournaments than any other fighter.

Not that many actually. He was in the 2004 pride HW GP and the strikeforce tournament. If im not forgetting something.

Not that many actually. He was in the 2004 pride HW GP and the strikeforce tournament. If im not forgetting something.

Rings: King of Kings (2 fights)
Pride 2004 GP (4 fights)
Strikeforce (2 fights)

Not as many as I thought. Still 19% of his fights have been in tournament fashion.

For sure nobody would be able to take down the guy that gasses in 3 minutes and can't get up from all-fours. Stipe wasn't doing anything but waiting for him to punch and shooting under. That is not a new phenomenon.

Watch Miocic-Ngannou and then watch Fedor-Cro Cop. Levels.

Miocic is the most dominant HW we've had since Fedor and an accomplished wrestler. Just because he could take Ngannou down doesn't mean anyone can do it.

Miocic is the most dominant HW we've had since Fedor and an accomplished wrestler. Just because he could take Ngannou down doesn't mean anyone can do it.

Blaydes took Ngannou down. Ngannou is not a good wrestler and his gas issues compound that fact. He's basically a really big banger. A more athletic Gary Goodridge or Brett Rogers.

Heavyweight is not Featherweight. It's not New Breed City out there. I don't know how anyone could watch the gassy shitfest that was Stipe-Ngannou and think otherwise.

Even that is questionable. After Fedor got pounded on by Bigfoot, both Cormier and Cain (twice) utterly destroyed Bigfoot in one round. Yep, two other small HWs...one who has now fought at LHW for years.

Cain isn't a behemoth but he's not a small HW either, and Bigfoot is Bigfoot : he's got pretty big holes in his game and Cormier (who is a damn beast) took advantage of it. Still, most actual HW are around 240/250 while Fedor has always fought at 220. Back in the days he had a speed advantage over big mofos like Sylvia.

Cain isn't a behemoth but he's not a small HW either, and Bigfoot is Bigfoot : he's got pretty big holes in his game and Cormier (who is a damn beast) took advantage of it. Still, most actual HW are around 240/250 while Fedor has always fought at 220. Back in the days he had a speed advantage over big mofos like Sylvia.

In other words, you have no excuse so you're rambling. If Bigfoot's holes were that big, Fedor should've capitalized on them.

Blaydes took Ngannou down. Ngannou is not a good wrestler and his gas issues compound that fact. He's basically a really big banger. A more athletic Gary Goodridge or Brett Rogers.

Heavyweight is not Featherweight. It's not New Breed City out there. I don't know how anyone could watch the gassy shitfest that was Stipe-Ngannou and think otherwise.

Blaydes is a pretty good wrestler man. Sure Ngannou ain't a grappling wizard but he's not clueless either (he has two wins by sub), he had Miocic on top of him, the HW champion, not some average bloke. I think Francis just carries too much muscle mass and has trouble pacing himself. You can't be a 265 pound juggernaut, coming out guns blazing trying to KO your opponent with every shot and expect to be fresh in the 3rd.

In other words, you have no excuse so you're rambling. If Bigfoot's holes were that big, Fedor should've capitalized on them.

Excuse for what ??? Fedor just fought a silly fight trying to swing for the fences and ended up being destroyed by a huge guy. Never said Bigfoot was a bum or didn't deserve the win ...

Blaydes is a pretty good wrestler man. Sure Ngannou ain't a grappling wizard but he's not clueless either (he has two wins by sub), he had Miocic on top of him, the HW champion, not some average bloke. I think Francis just carries too much muscle mass and has trouble pacing himself. You can't be a 265 pound juggernaut, coming out guns blazing trying to KO your opponent with every shot and expect to be fresh in the 3rd.

Sure, Blaydes is a good wrestler. Stipe is a good wrestler too. Good wrestlers have been in the Heavyweight division since it's inception.

Ngannou's gameplan was terrible and ensured his failure. He nailed Overeem and Arlovski with counters, Stipe is defensively porous coming forward, and it seemed like the perfect fight for Ngannou to be patient, read Stipe, and pick holes in his defense from range. Instead, he charged at him like a lunatic, missed every telegraphed looping shot he threw, and nearly passed out due to exhaustion. Stipe is such a mechanically sound but dynamically uninspired fighter, especially on the ground, it just lead to a lot of panting and sweating for the final 4 rounds, and was very boring. It basically sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned, that the Heavyweights are not ever going to get back to the glory days of the mid-2000s. There just isn't the talent there.

I love Fedor but dude is OLD as fuck. They all are but Fedor and Roy are the OLDEST and we all know that age is most fighters' kryptonite. Just look at how geriatric this entire shit tourney is:
  • Fedor - 41
  • Roy - 41
  • Chael - 40
  • Rampage - 39
  • Matt - 39
  • Mir - 38
  • King Mo - 37
  • Bader - 34
Fedor might still beat a fat/old/gassed Mir but Chael gets a UD, Matt KOs him again, King Mo KOs him and Bader does whatever he wants.

Come to think of it, Bader vs King Mo is the real final fight - since whoever wins this, wins the entire thing EASY. Bader takes it IMO.

I think it's more about the mileage than age. I don't feel like looking it up, but I know for a fact Fedor has more fights than all the Heavyweights, but maybe not more than Rampage or Chael? Regardless, he's been fighting at HW his entire career, while undersized. That is a ton of mileage for a guy who is basically similar size to a prime Chael and Rampage, just fatter.

A guy like Mitrione is perfect for this tourney because he hardly has any fights, but has a ton of elite experience. At age 39 he is really only 30 or so in terms of mileage.

I think it's Bader or Mitrione. I do think Fedor reaches the finals though. Mir is so fuckin fat he will have to struggle to make 265. Sonnen will try and take Fedor down, but Fedor may be able to submit from his back considering Sonnen is not a big dude.

I think it's more about the mileage than age. I don't feel like looking it up, but I know for a fact Fedor has more fights than all the Heavyweights, but maybe not more than Rampage or Chael? Regardless, he's been fighting at HW his entire career, while undersized. That is a ton of mileage for a guy who is basically similar size to a prime Chael and Rampage, just fatter.

A guy like Mitrione is perfect for this tourney because he hardly has any fights, but has a ton of elite experience. At age 39 he is really only 30 or so in terms of mileage.

I think it's Bader or Mitrione. I do think Fedor reaches the finals though. Mir is so fuckin fat he will have to struggle to make 265. Sonnen will try and take Fedor down, but Fedor may be able to submit from his back considering Sonnen is not a big dude.
Interesting point, let's look it up.
  • Bader - 29 fights
  • King Mo - 28
  • Mir - 29
  • Matt - 18 (!)
  • Rampage - 50 (!)
  • Chael - 47
  • Roy - 38
  • Fedor - 42
So you're 100% right on Matt having the least mileage but surprisingly it's Rampage who's most worn and torn. And it did look like it in his last fight.

Interesting point, let's look it up.
  • Bader - 29 fights
  • King Mo - 28
  • Mir - 29
  • Matt - 18 (!)
  • Rampage - 50 (!)
  • Chael - 47
  • Roy - 38
  • Fedor - 42
So you're 100% right on Matt having the least mileage but surprisingly it's Rampage who's most worn and torn. And it did look like it in his last fight.

True, but Mitrione played both college and pro football (total of 7-8 years) which also puts a ton of mileage on your body.

Also, Roy Nelson has probably sufffered 100 times more head trauma than Fedor. He's also a MW size guy with a lot of fat. Even though he rarely gets KO'd, he's taken savage beatings from JDS, Arlovski, Stipe, Hunt, Werdum, Barnett and many other guys. Fedor has taken relatively little damage in his career.

The only bum in this thing is Fedor.
Dear Mods,
Can we please make <calling Fedor a bum> a bannable offence?

Best regards,
all the MMA fans who remember the Fedor era

There was a time when calling any fighter a bum was a bannable offense lol

Remember "Fighter Bashing"?

Back