Can Fedor somehow get it done in this tournament of bums?

All I’m sayin is that Roy has fought respectable opponents.... go look at em.

He lost a bunch... but he hooked em up and stepped in the cage.

His top 10 opponents are on a level with Fedors competition

I
All I’m sayin is that Roy has fought respectable opponents.... go look at em.

He lost a bunch... but he hooked em up and stepped in the cage.

His top 10 opponents are on a level with Fedors competition

Well you did the use the phrase "vastly superior".

From this list I'm picking Bader to win

If you're going to call all the other fighters bums (some are past their primes by as many years as Fedor), then you have to call the Russian a "bum" as well.

Why can't people deal with the fact that the game has evolved since Pride ? Fedor was great back in the days because he was the only athletic and well rounded HW in the business. Now it's pretty much the norm. So no, Pride Fedor would not run through the bellator HW, and he would get his ass handed to him against the actual top 5 in the UFC.

Edit : Fedor is also too small for modern HW. Back in the days guys were smaller or just fat. There wasn't many athletic 240/250 pounds guys.

He will definitely be remembered as one of the greatest, but time goes by ... :/

Last edited:
Why can't people deal with the fact that the game has evolved since Pride ? Fedor was great back in the days because he was the only athletic and well rounded HW in the business. Now it's pretty much the norm. So no, Pride Fedor would not run through the bellator HW, and he would get his ass handed to him against the actual top 5 in the UFC.

Edit : Fedor is also too small for modern HW. Back in the days guys were smaller or just fat. There wasn't many athletic 240/250 pounds guys.

He will definitely be remembered as one of the greatest, but time goes by ... :/

Francis Ngannou and until recently Mark Hunt were Top 5 in the UFC and have zero wrestling or grappling skill

You really underestimate how bad the UFC Heavyweight division is

Mir likes to stand frozen when hit, so Fedor definitely has a chance to KO him.

Francis Ngannou and until recently Mark Hunt were Top 5 in the UFC and have zero wrestling or grappling skill

I'd bet that if you could send Ngannou back into the Pride days nobody would be able to take him down. Of course It's all speculation but I think you really underestimate how much the bar has been raised. Go on youtube and rewatch the Pride fights.

I am the biggest Fedor fan out there but hope is dwindling after his last couple of outings....

Is there any way he can go “classic” Fedor and get it done against these jokers that he would have gone thru in one night back in the day?

Please someone...anyone... tell me there is some light ahead....
No. Basically everyone in this tournament can beat him at this point.

I'd bet that if you could send Ngannou back into the Pride days nobody would be able to take him down. Of course It's all speculation but I think you really underestimate how much the bar has been raised. Go on youtube and rewatch the Pride fights.

For sure nobody would be able to take down the guy that gasses in 3 minutes and can't get up from all-fours. Stipe wasn't doing anything but waiting for him to punch and shooting under. That is not a new phenomenon.

Watch Miocic-Ngannou and then watch Fedor-Cro Cop. Levels.

giphy.gif

At this point I'll be shocked if he makes it to the second round.

/

Even that is questionable. After Fedor got pounded on by Bigfoot, both Cormier and Cain (twice) utterly destroyed Bigfoot in one round. Yep, two other small HWs...one who has now fought at LHW for years.

I dont know why but if Cro Cop was in the tournament i would bet on him.

I am the biggest Fedor fan out there but hope is dwindling after his last couple of outings....

Is there any way he can go “classic” Fedor and get it done against these jokers that he would have gone thru in one night back in the day?

Please someone...anyone... tell me there is some light ahead....
As long Fedor can beat MIR i fine with that...

Hunt is a brown belt under Liborio at ATT I dont think that hes an amazing grappler but hes far from clueless.

Back