Can eating Eggs everyday cause stroke or heart attack?

Eat the yolk or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

4 scrambled eggs mixed with 1 hash brown
1 whole wheat toast with peanut butter.
1 banana
Ginger Tea with lemon.

This my standard breakfast and probably will be the same for the rest of my life. Its my favorite meal of the day when i'm not eating out or cooking steak.

Well I'm still alive so no

I used to eat 2 everyday when I was in a physical job but not fried.

I eat 4-6 eggs daily and have done for years and will continue to do so.. why are people being fanny's about eating eggs? "oh the cholesterol this and the fat that" I'm pretty sure the whole 'eggs are bad for you' myth has been debunked.
Don't get me wrong, too much of anything is a bad thing.. and if eating a load of eggs is putting you in a caloric surplus then obviously the negatives may outweigh the positives.
But eggs are lush, universal, easy and convenient and a great way of getting in fats and proteins.

I eat 4-6 eggs daily and have done for years and will continue to do so.. why are people being fanny's about eating eggs? "oh the cholesterol this and the fat that" I'm pretty sure the whole 'eggs are bad for you' myth has been debunked.
Don't get me wrong, too much of anything is a bad thing.. and if eating a load of eggs is putting you in a caloric surplus then obviously the negatives may outweigh the positives.
But eggs are lush, universal, easy and convenient and a great way of getting in fats and proteins.
Probably due to a random study that gets thrown out every 2 years countering the previous study, and repeat.
First it was: throw out the yolk, its teh devil, then the next one was, eat the yolks its good, and repeat the cycle.

It should be noted that the negative effects could be minuscule and have near no difference (0.001% risk), yet since there still is a risk over 0%, it gets counted, and technically they are correct in that sense. Of course, it doesn't help that headlines hyperbole everything.

The supplement industry does this all the time, BCAAs help, but nothing real significant. When you look on the packaging, it'll say shit like: "HELPS RECOVERY!", "ENERGY LEVELS SURGE". Hell Creatine helps, and I do use it, but I'll say this, the results aren't world shattering like the packaging states.

Last edited:
I love tearing apart studies that say something increases your risk of X by 3% or 10%. Well, 3 or 10% of the current relative risk of 0.0043819 % is fucking negligible. Always find the comparable strata before interpreting study as the gospel.

I love tearing apart studies that say something increases your risk of X by 3% or 10%. Well, 3 or 10% of the current relative risk of 0.0043819 % is fucking negligible. Always find the comparable strata before interpreting study as the gospel.
I remember the bacon one earlier this year

The one that said bacon was healthy or not healthy? There was two big ones this year lol

The one that said bacon was healthy or not healthy? There was two big ones this year lol
Something about it gives you cancer or something like that. Then upon further reading, it was actually an increased percent based on a sub 0.1% rate. It should be noted that the headlines riled everyone up. Vegans came out in full force until the further details were displayed.

Ah i love it when they get riled up. I had a huge debate on FB with a vegan teammate over the china study. She didn't even know what a P interval was, or why we need B12.

Smoked meats like bacon have been tied to colonic cancer.
However, these studies arent on healthy, fit athletes that eat a balanced diet
just like most medical studies, its garbage

Diet effects cholesterol minimally compared to genetic predisposition. If you don't have cholesterol issues in your family, you're fine. These are well documented and verified facts. Like said above, overall healthy lifestyle is what matters. Eggs won't do a thing to you, especially 2 or 3 a day (I do about 5 or 6).

Eggs are fine. Anyone that says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about.

My thinking is: If I constantly worry that I eat too much of something, I probably actually eat too much of that. It's your body and intuition that can tell you a lot about what's good for you.

Eggs are high in cholesterol. For several decades dietary cholesterol has been considered bad because they thought it raises the blood cholesterol, but this occurs only in people who are genetically predisposed to have high blood cholesterol.

The US Department of Agriculture has recommended to limit cholesterol intake to 300 mg/day (one egg has about 200 mg) in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans but has removed that limit in 2015 Guidelines (page 32).

If you eat a lot of eggs and cholesterol in general, you may want to check your blood cholesterol levels.

On a related note, is poon high in cholesterol? I gotta count the macros and adjust it on myfitnesspal, I don't want to go over my fats

It doesn't go with the acid/base diet. Not alkaline enough due to the acidity of the poonvag.

Back