can DC dethrone Stipe?

I'd say yes... but I think we'll see Jones vs DC again and then he'll retire.

I was confused and still am at the discussion.

I swore I read a very recent interview where DC was looking back and thought it was crazy he was ever at Heavyweight, and that he was not keen on fighting guys so much bigger than him.

Has he publicly said he is willing to fight at Heavyweight?

Who had Stipe fought that has taken him down?

Barnett has fought the who's who.
barnett is no where near stipe level.and stipe is definitely better than barnett based on thr fact that even nelson can take him down

This is how DC emerges from Jon Jones shadow.

Go out and do what Jon never did... take on the most successful HW in UFC history and win.

And I do think DC would win.

Not anymore. He wants to retire, wants to stay away from the heavies.

sure.whatever make you feel better
Fact: Dc nevet fought hw thats on stipe level
Hate to burst your bubble but one could argue that Stipe's run is filled with aging/shopworn fighters (AA, Overeem, Werdum, JDS) and a novice (Ngannou).

Mir, Nelson, Barnett, big foot with try all are legit fighters when DC fought them.

Hate to burst your bubble but one could argue that Stipe's run is filled with aging/shopworn fighters (AA, Overeem, Werdum, JDS) and a novice (Ngannou).

Mir, Nelson, Barnett, big foot with try all are legit fighters when DC fought them.
false.
overeem,arlovski, werdum and nelson was on winnig streaks when they fougut stipe.
in fact mir was washed up and that was dc biggest hw win
and youre delusional if you think mir and barnett was on stipe level

false.
overeem,arlovski, werdum and nelson was on winnig streaks when they fougut stipe.
in fact mir was washed up and that was dc biggest hw win
and youre delusional if you think mir and barnett was on stipe level
DC beat a better Roy than Stipe did.

Stipe barely has the gas to go ten minutes. DC wears him out quick by embracing the grind and then makes easy work with a third round finish. Heavyweights always struggle smaller more skilled and athletic fighters.

Stipe barely has the gas to go ten minutes. DC wears him out quick by embracing the grind and then makes easy work with a third round finish. Heavyweights always struggle smaller more skilled and athletic fighters.
all stipe need is 1 solid punch

Cormier would probably weigh in around 230 if I had to guess, so Stipe would have about 15 lbs on him. Certainly an advantage but not as big of a weight advantage as one would think.

I just mean Stipe is no pushover in wrestling at all, and its going to be hard to get in close when Stipe is throwing hard shots. DC has an all out war with Gus, and Stipe is better than Gus everywhere IMO..

DC like to apply constant pressure, ALWAYS pushing forward. Against Stipe that can end badly.

One week ago, if it was a hypothetical Ngannou vs. Cormier matchup discussion the overwhelming majority of Sherdog would have picked Ngannou by youth, strength and power.

Any physical advantages DC has at 205 he gives up by moving back to HW... I'd favor Miocic to win all day long.

Would be interesting to see if DC could get the takedown against Stipe. If he can't I think Stipe could knock him out within 2. Otherwise, DC might still be able to win a UD via cardio and volume. I'd love to see the fight.

Back