can DC dethrone Stipe?

No, Stipe once again is being undermined, did you learn nothing from last Sunday night, hes the baddest man on the planet without question right now.

The more I think about it, the more I like Stipe in this fight.

Dc would do a number on Stipe: and Stipe is no mug

Cormier wouldn't have to worry about a kicking threat from stipe so I think he'd do well against him in the stand up

he couldn't get past Jones, no way he can beat Stipe

Stipe knocks Cormier out within 3. He’s better on the feet and has good enough wrestling to keep it there or get back up to there.

Im guessing this was also said about these 2 fights??? Lol

giphy.gif

c46aab42ff91e8ddf158168c2132e909

Im guessing this was also said about these 2 fights??? Lol

giphy.gif

c46aab42ff91e8ddf158168c2132e909
Okay, so let's pretend Stipe is comparable to josh Barnett or dan Henderson.... let's say he gets thrown or tripped and taken down. Then what? Is the fight over? Stipe can wrestle his ass off and is as strong as a horse. As with most wrestler vs wrestler match ups, the most important fight will take place on the feet. Stipe will hit Daniel's head very hard. D.C. is not ready to box with Stipe. The reach and skill advantage are both huge. Stipe would be the best striker D.C. has ever fought.

Its expecting too much from DC. Hes old and his body is wore down. Stipe is huge and would put them hands all over him.

Cormier would probably weigh in around 230 if I had to guess, so Stipe would have about 15 lbs on him. Certainly an advantage but not as big of a weight advantage as one would think.

Last edited:
Stipe has solid boxing, but Cormier's hands are much faster, and while Stipe would have ~10-15 pounds on him, Cormier has technique and he'd be able to takedown Stipe.

Don't get me wrong.

Stipe is a legit champion with a well-rounded game: good boxing, good cardio, good wrestling, and a good chin..

But I think that Cormier has better striking, better cardio, and elite wrestling.

It would be a competitive fight, but I see more ways for Cormier to win it than the reverse.

anybody think hed be able to go back to HW and be a 2 division champ?
IMO only if Stipe tries to wrestle DC.
Because I think Stipe will keep his distance and jab his way to a victory.

But it will be a heck of an interesting fight.

anybody think hed be able to go back to HW and be a 2 division champ?

There's only 1 way that fight would ever happen...Cain has to retire...dc is way too loyal to cain to ever take that fight...If cain retires, he would take that fight in a heart beat...

Okay, so let's pretend Stipe is comparable to josh Barnett or dan Henderson.... let's say he gets thrown or tripped and taken down. Then what? Is the fight over? Stipe can wrestle his ass off and is as strong as a horse. As with most wrestler vs wrestler match ups, the most important fight will take place on the feet. Stipe will hit Daniel's head very hard. D.C. is not ready to box with Stipe. The reach and skill advantage are both huge. Stipe would be the best striker D.C. has ever fought.

Yeah i wasnt comparing fighters though,just going by what i quoted as being said of both those fights beforehand.

Obviously Dan and Josh are/were pretty bad ass wrestlers with above average striking,right?

And to say Stipe would be the best striker that DC has ever faced is just silly.

<6>
<JonesLaugh>

D.C. is not ready to box with Stipe. The reach and skill advantage are both huge. Stipe would be the best striker D.C. has ever fought.
DC has fought Lucas Browne, who is clearly a better boxer than Stipe by a wide margin.

I'd agree with you that Stipe would likely have the boxing advantage over DC though.

Are we really going to compare Barnett's grappling to Stipe's?

The only time we've seen Stipe use his wrestling was against Hunt and Ngannou, 2 guys not known for TDD.

Barnett is a highly decorated grappler specializing in catch wrestling which in laymen's speech is wrestling with submissions.

The truth is like many other wrestlers stipe does not want to be in his back at all cost. You act like Stipe is a wrestling god. DC plants people to the ground.

The fight makes sense if DC is really going to retire this year or next

Are we really going to compare Barnett's grappling to Stipe's?

The only time we've seen Stipe use his wrestling was against Hunt and Ngannou, 2 guys not known for TDD.

Barnett is a highly decorated grappler specializing in catch wrestling which in laymen's speech is wrestling with submissions.
barnett hand was broken when he fought dc and stipe tdd is way better barnett

Back