can DC dethrone Stipe?

Mal Intentions

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
anybody think hed be able to go back to HW and be a 2 division champ?

absolutely, he would just need to give his body time to get back to that thick HW frame.

i can see it being an extremely interesting matchup and its probably one of the biggest and most realistic super fights they can put together now

Its expecting too much from DC. Hes old and his body is wore down. Stipe is huge and would put them hands all over him.

No

You must be willing to fight someone to dethrone them
<DirkMavs>

I would favor DC. Faster, more athletic, better wrestler, has plently of experience tossing around big heavyweights.

Incidentally, I would also favor Gus over Stipe.

I defended Stipe openly when it came to the Francis fight. Stipe is one of my my top three favorite heavyweights of all time. I hope he has a good long run.

Am I crazy though to think that DC would maul him? I do think that. I think DC would land on Stipe, take him down and maul him.....

He can. DC is a much better wrestler than Stipe. He has easily outwrestled every opponent aside from Jones.

No, he already said he expected cain to come back and fight at HW

Stipe knocks Cormier out within 3. He’s better on the feet and has good enough wrestling to keep it there or get back up to there.

Stipe is a big man. His wrestling is good enough to nullify Daniel's only big advantage. His cardio is good despite what people with 1 fight memory say. His striking is a lot better. DC is not holding him down and he is not knocking him out. What's his win condition ?

Considering I've heard that DC mauls Cain on the regular yes Stipe would get beat

He can for sure.
I'd give Stipe the advantage, but DC has a chance.

Back