Can Crawford beat Spence?

actually, i'm rooting for them not to fight each other....just like i'm not interested in a danny jacobs- jermall fight either...there's many other guys who will make interesting matchups with them two.
This is a situation where I don't mind them building up to it for a bit first. They should be targeting guys like Thurman, Garcia, Porter etc. and building their names and records to hype the fight as much as it deserves. They do need to fight after a bit though. It's too big of a deal to not happen.

Crawford has one of the highest fight IQ in boxing today. But spence is a big strong boxer...so I'm not sure how this fight would be if he lands clean on Crawford...Bud is very hittable. But I'm still leaning on Bud to get this win...too skilled, too slick and too intelligent inside the ring...if he beats one more champ, I think he has transcended and is the undisputed lb for lb...

It's not about who beat who quicker or did more damage, it's about boxing abilities and boxing IQ,and not this brute strength, power punching techniques we see.

Manny lost to Horn because he's a jump in and jump out flurry of power punching fighter that doesn't have good defense when he's put under extreme pressure, Manny just holds his hands to his face and takes power shots.

Crawford is a offensive / defensive fighter with Whitaker type defensive footwork and head movement that can fight going forward, backwards and side to side, while countering you with great power punches.

Spence jr is a flat footed power puncher, that uses his size and strength to over power his opponents, while getting hit with counter punches and thinking he could simply take them, Spence is just a Julian Jackson of this generation of boxers, but with a better chin, until he gets really tested.

Crawford beats Spence because Spence and everyone else will think Spence just overpowers Crawford, just like most thought that Chavez Sr would overpower Whitaker, but Whitaker used footwork and defensive techniques to beat Chavez and Crawford will do the same to Spence jr and stop Spence or get a knockdown in their fight because Crawford is the superior smarter fighter with better boxing skills and better defensive techniques, while Spence is the stalking power punching / Julian Jackson type of seek and destroy you fighter.

Crawford will beat everyone at 147 and 154 and Spence is number 2 at 147, but Charlo is giving Spence trouble and a war at 154, because of styles and boxing abilities, their fight would be like a Julian Jackson war type of power punching exciting fight, until someone gets knocked out.

Also Horn got beat because he's this generations Ricky Hatton, who can take a better punch then Ricky can but still can't truly box and change his style and use defensive counter attacks while using offensive pressure attacks.
Manny lost because he's now old, slow and fighting a much bigger younger dude...
Crawford won because he's young, more skilled and just as strong...

I never thought I would say that, but let's marinate the fight. Let bud get some more Ws at this weight and Spence clean the haymon boys. After that we have a PPV match-up to watch. I love Crawford, but Spence is the dude. Let's hope for a great fight (at the right moment)

Manny lost because he's now old, slow and fighting a much bigger younger dude...
Crawford won because he's young, more skilled and just as strong...

It's the style sometimes and not the age of a fighter and sometimes not the skills of a certain fighter that beats an all time great.

Manny lost because Horn has a great chin and Manny has no defensive movement, he only puts his gloves to his face and takes power punches and uppercuts and then taps his gloves smiles and attacks you, making you think you didn't hurt him, if you don't believe me watch the Cotto fight when Cotto hurt him and watch all of his other fights.

Crawford outboxed him easily and didn't have a scar and didn't even get hit, because Crawford has better defensive footwork and moves his head and clinches when being attacked, then times Horn coming in and lands power punches.

Crawford uses defensive movement and footwork and then clinches to not get hit with clean power punches, like Whitaker, while Manny uses footwork and gets trapped on the ropes and covers up while getting hit with power punches that are clean and he's getting hurt.

Mayweather uses footwork and defensive shoulder rolling while not getting trapped on the ropes sliding off and turning his opponents, then clinching and holding and only stays on the ropes trying to set traps and tiring his opponents out, like he did against Cotto and other pressure inside fighters.

Manny doesn't use these types of defensive techniques, like Whitaker and Crawford even while being a southpaw fighter, because it's not his style and wasn't taught to him, he was only taught quick movement backing up and when on the ropes cover your face and try to block punches.

Horn beat Manny taking advantage of his defensive style and using constant pressure making Manny fight every round, because Horn can take his power punches and fight even harder while Manny is covering up taking power punches and then trying to hit Horn and Horn is using foot movement and jumping in and out like Ricky Hatton attacking Manny and hurting him or stealing rounds with constant pressure and movement.

Crawford took everything Horn does and did to everyone else he fights away and destroyed him stopping him late in their fight.

If Manny did the same thing Crawford did he's still the champion and stops Horn just like Crawford did. But Manny doesn't have the boxing ring IQ to adjust and pull it off, unlike Crawford and Floyd does.

Spence is your seek and destroy you, body punching power puncher, while using little footwork and movement, standing his ground and taking heavy power punches, then stopping you. Spence is basically a clone of Terry Norris, but with a better chin, until he's actually tested against a superior talented boxer skills wise like Floyd, Crawford and other all time greats.

Brooks was actually giving Spence trouble and in my eyes winning the fight and others had it extremely close, until the knockdown and eye damage happened.

Crawford will make Spence miss and pay and use quick footwork, while countering Spence and clinching him and Spence will be trying to knock him out but can't, getting frustrated and losing a close fight by 2 rounds or just getting outboxed easily, but the judges making it close.

It's the style sometimes and not the age of a fighter and sometimes not the skills of a certain fighter that beats an all time great.

Manny lost because Horn has a great chin and Manny has no defensive movement, he only puts his gloves to his face and takes power punches and uppercuts and then taps his gloves smiles and attacks you, making you think you didn't hurt him, if you don't believe me watch the Cotto fight when Cotto hurt him and watch all of his other fights.

Crawford outboxed him easily and didn't have a scar and didn't even get hit, because Crawford has better defensive footwork and moves his head and clinches when being attacked, then times Horn coming in and lands power punches.

Crawford uses defensive movement and footwork and then clinches to not get hit with clean power punches, like Whitaker, while Manny uses footwork and gets trapped on the ropes and covers up while getting hit with power punches that are clean and he's getting hurt.

Mayweather uses footwork and defensive shoulder rolling while not getting trapped on the ropes sliding off and turning his opponents, then clinching and holding and only stays on the ropes trying to set traps and tiring his opponents out, like he did against Cotto and other pressure inside fighters.

Manny doesn't use these types of defensive techniques, like Whitaker and Crawford even while being a southpaw fighter, because it's not his style and wasn't taught to him, he was only taught quick movement backing up and when on the ropes cover your face and try to block punches.

Horn beat Manny taking advantage of his defensive style and using constant pressure making Manny fight every round, because Horn can take his power punches and fight even harder while Manny is covering up taking power punches and then trying to hit Horn and Horn is using foot movement and jumping in and out like Ricky Hatton attacking Manny and hurting him or stealing rounds with constant pressure and movement.

Crawford took everything Horn does and did to everyone else he fights away and destroyed him stopping him late in their fight.

If Manny did the same thing Crawford did he's still the champion and stops Horn just like Crawford did. But Manny doesn't have the boxing ring IQ to adjust and pull it off, unlike Crawford and Floyd does.

Spence is your seek and destroy you, body punching power puncher, while using little footwork and movement, standing his ground and taking heavy power punches, then stopping you. Spence is basically a clone of Terry Norris, but with a better chin, until he's actually tested against a superior talented boxer skills wise like Floyd, Crawford and other all time greats.

Brooks was actually giving Spence trouble and in my eyes winning the fight and others had it extremely close, until the knockdown and eye damage happened.

Crawford will make Spence miss and pay and use quick footwork, while countering Spence and clinching him and Spence will be trying to knock him out but can't, getting frustrated and losing a close fight by 2 rounds or just getting outboxed easily, but the judges making it close.
watch the fight again. See the size difference? Manny is a small fighter in the weight class and relies on toughness and speed. Obviously he doesn't have the speed anymore. Horn has size and speed and obviously he's strong too. You have manny with a lot of disadvantage in the fight. he's now slower and doesn't have the reach to keep Horn at bay. Crawford has a better reach and let's horn eat jabs and straights all night. If you're fighting horn, you better work on your clinch because he will clinch you to death. Crawford learn a lot from the manny fight...

I never thought I would say that, but let's marinate the fight. Let bud get some more Ws at this weight and Spence clean the haymon boys. After that we have a PPV match-up to watch. I love Crawford, but Spence is the dude. Let's hope for a great fight (at the right moment)

Everyone keeps forgetting that Crawford is a 3 weight class world champion and basically cleaned out 2 other weight classes while doing it easily and now is starting to clean out 147, while Spence is a newer world champion with little experience and still proving himself and now we know weight and strength isn't a problem for Crawford at 147.

It's Spence jr who needs to wait and clean out the other champions while Crawford is handling the other champions and then they clash and fight, unifying the belts.

Everyone keeps forgetting that Crawford is a 3 weight class world champion and basically cleaned out 2 other weight classes while doing it easily and now is starting to clean out 147, while Spence is a newer world champion with little experience and still proving himself and now we know weight and strength isn't a problem for Crawford at 147.

It's Spence jr who needs to wait and clean out the other champions while Crawford is handling the other champions and then they clash and fight, unifying the belts.
I'm just speculating as I'm not sure how the belts are distributed, but I think it's the AL haymon guys who are in the best position to fight for them, Spence is seasoned at ww taking the ibf belt from brook in the UK and going in for his 2nd defense. Don't take me wrong, bud is a beast, and I'm sure he will make waves in this new division, but a guy like horn is not really a big test. Let's just wait and see how things go. Shit, Thurman is still in the picture. And that was a fight fans were asking for.

watch the fight again. See the size difference? Manny is a small fighter in the weight class and relies on toughness and speed. Obviously he doesn't have the speed anymore. Horn has size and speed and obviously he's strong too. You have manny with a lot of disadvantage in the fight. he's now slower and doesn't have the reach to keep Horn at bay. Crawford has a better reach and let's horn eat jabs and straights all night. If you're fighting horn, you better work on your clinch because he will clinch you to death. Crawford learn a lot from the manny fight...

Manny has lost before in lower weight classes because of his poor defensive style and loss again in higher weight classes because of the same thing, but it was his quick footwork dogging attacks that helps him in certain fights against certain fighters, but he couldn't do it against Floyd and other superior fighters, Horn has quick footwork while attacking in and out using certain angels while clinching and using his head just like Ricky Hatton but Hatton couldn't take Manny"s power and if Hatton could take his power it's a different fight and Hatton gives Manny hell and probably stops him late.

Manny had no problem hitting and hurting Horn, but Horn would come back and attack Manny on the ropes hurting Manny and stealing rounds using quick attacks and jumping back avoiding punches.

Every fighter learns and tries to learn from other fighters loses, just like Roach learned from Floyd to use the check hook against Hatton and Manny did it against Ricky and knocked him out and after that Ricky wasn't the same because everyone will use this against him.

Manny probably lost a step and quickness, but he still had Horn almost knocked out, but couldn't finnish him and himself took to many punches, because of his lower ring IQ, unlike Crawford and Floyd and others who would stop Horn and make him look foolish.

Manny isn't a bad fighter and is a all time great champion, but these are just his flaws and that's his style.

Many all time greats have serious flaws, but are still top champions.

it's only a handful of all time greatest champions in history that truly doesn't have any or very little flaws, like Floyd, Whitaker and others, like James Toney skills wise, but i am not talking about his dedication laziness issues, he had and this isn't a skills flaw, defensive or offensive flaw, because skills wise, he's one of the best defensive and offensive fighters we have ever seen.

I am just pointed out fighters boxing flaws and how certain fighters will take advantage of these flaws and will beat them because of this and this is why Crawford beats Spence and Manny and everyone at 147, because he's going to take advantage of these flaws and use them against everyone he fights, until someone i see has the skills to stop and counter his very little flaws he's got but Crawford does have certain flaws, that a superior fighter like Floyd would expose and beat him easy and shock everyone like Floyd always does, with every top ten pound for pound fighters he beats.

But certain fighters don't and can't take advantage of fighters flaws and everyone screems at the TV yelling instructions on how to beat someone, but these fighters just don't have the ring IQ to do these things and that's why they lose close fights they can win and then someone like Floyd beats everyone easily and makes thrm look foolish.

Mayeather is a master at hiding his flaws and exploiting everyone else lower ring skills and flaws, only certain times fighters have actually exploited a mistake like Mosley did and others like Maidana did hurting Floyd but Floyd took that away and adjusted to those counters and beat them easily, after getting caught.

Manny has lost before in lower weight classes because of his poor defensive style and loss again in higher weight classes because of the same thing, but it was his quick footwork dogging attacks that helps him in certain fights against certain fighters, but he couldn't do it against Floyd and other superior fighters, Horn has quick footwork while attacking in and out using certain angels while clinching and using his head just like Ricky Hatton but Hatton couldn't take Manny"s power and if Hatton could take his power it's a different fight and Hatton gives Manny hell and probably stops him late.

Manny had no problem hitting and hurting Horn, but Horn would come back and attack Manny on the ropes hurting Manny and stealing rounds using quick attacks and jumping back avoiding punches.

Every fighter learns and tries to learn from other fighters loses, just like Roach learned from Floyd to use the check hook against Hatton and Manny did it against Ricky and knocked him out and after that Ricky wasn't the same because everyone will use this against him.

Manny probably lost a step and quickness, but he still had Horn almost knocked out, but couldn't finnish him and himself took to many punches, because of his lower ring IQ, unlike Crawford and Floyd and others who would stop Horn and make him look foolish.

Manny isn't a bad fighter and is a all time great champion, but these are just his flaws and that's his style.

Many all time greats have serious flaws, but are still top champions.

it's only a handful of all time greatest champions in history that truly doesn't have any or very little flaws, like Floyd, Whitaker and others, like James Toney skills wise, but i am not talking about his dedication laziness issues, he had and this isn't a skills flaw, defensive or offensive flaw, because skills wise, he's one of the best defensive and offensive fighters we have ever seen.

I am just pointed out fighters boxing flaws and how certain fighters will take advantage of these flaws and will beat them because of this and this is why Crawford beats Spence and Manny and everyone at 147, because he's going to take advantage of these flaws and use them against everyone he fights, until someone i see has the skills to stop and counter his very little flaws he's got but Crawford does have certain flaws, that a superior fighter like Floyd would expose and beat him easy and shock everyone like Floyd always does, with every top ten pound for pound fighters he beats.

But certain fighters don't and can't take advantage of fighters flaws and everyone screems at the TV yelling instructions on how to beat someone, but these fighters just don't have the ring IQ to do these things and that's why they lose close fights they can win and then someone like Floyd beats everyone easily and makes thrm look foolish.

Mayeather is a master at hiding his flaws and exploiting everyone else lower ring skills and flaws, only certain times fighters have actually exploited a mistake like Mosley did and others like Maidana did hurting Floyd but Floyd took that away and adjusted to those counters and beat them easily, after getting caught.
OUtside of Moneyweather & Horn and KO via Marquez...Manny has barely lost any round vs. any opponent. It shows how he has slowed down. You don't think it was never a factor? Manny is on the decline...don't pretend this to be a stylistic match up...Horn isn't better than most of who manny faced throughout the years...He was simply a fresh fighter fighting an aging great fighter. Stay tuned for Manny vs. Mathysse because I'm sure it will also tell you how much Manny has been declining. He's done as a boxer...even during the Jessie Vargas fight.

I think Crawford is the man in 147...Spence is simply the man before Crawford entered the division.

Also unless Spence becomes a dancing counter punching boxer puncher, he's not beating Crawford by just trying to walk him down and over power Crawford, this isn't going to work against a Whitaker type of southpaw skill wise in Crawford, it's been proven time and time again, that a pressure boxing power puncher doesn't beat a advanced higher IQ skills wise counter puncher that"s a defensive and footwork complete level boxer, who can also knock most boxers out, or hurt badly.

Spence will have to counter punch and fight like Sugar Ray Lenard to beat Crawford, by using his legs and setting up counter punching traps, making Crawford get overly aggressive, like Crawford has been doing in other certain lower weight class fights, when Crawford actually has been caught flush with leading power shots when Crawford was overly aggressive.

But i have seen Spence use his legs and movement, setting up certain traps, but lately he's just been a flatfooted walking you down power puncher. and if he's going to try this against Crawford the first time they fight he's losing that fight.

I don't think we've seen Crawford fight someone who has really tested his skills yet. We'll know a lot more when he fights someone that some people think might actually beat him.

Spence being the premier front foot fighter on the planet, Crawford being the sharpest back foot technician, bodes for one helluva a scrap.
I'm going Spence, I'm a big fan but the more I see of Bud, the more nervous I get for the potential fight.

Back