Can Crawford beat Spence?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by migeru29, Jun 9, 2018.

1. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

I know, right!?

A fight that's guaranteed to happen too, and just a short while away<Moves>

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  2. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja Brown Belt

Ah I can’t fckin wait dude. And like you say this is not some dream matchup, this shit is happening! No idea who wins, not sure I even care (well maybe usyk). Just gonna sit back with a fat joint and enjoy it

borntoloseNOT and Marc A like this.
  3. MC Paul Barman

MC Paul Barman Gold Belt Platinum Member

Great fight...
    But I can't see Spence losing

4. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

spence does have a workmanlike approach to beating the shit out of people, but to call him a flat footed power puncher is selling him short. crawford is slicker, but spence is a damn good boxer, and he has fucking bricks for fists. he has the power to put you down, and he will find you.

it would be a pretty dope fight, but betting against spence in any fight at welterweight is throwing away your money.

5. Marc A

Marc A Being broke is being dishonest

TC could win, he has a great way of figuring out an opponent and exploit them. And if need be will switch hit

Ruv likes this.
  6. RR

RR Step into the lab Staff Member Senior Moderator

Nope and that's not taking anything away from TC. I'm going to edit the thread title for you.

Imbrued Esculence likes this.
  7. pakimahi

pakimahi Brown Belt

Ha can beat Spence, but just as Spence can beat him. I'd have Spence as a slight favorite at that.

8. Imbrued Esculence

Imbrued Esculence The belt that resides inside you

I need to come back to the boxing forum to assuage these young tight individuals.

RR likes this.
  9. Imbrued Esculence

Lol, This is the nicest I've seen you tell someone they are inhabited by The Ennui.

Hagler, PUO3, RR and 1 other person like this.
  10. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Show them The Nexus.

Imbrued Esculence and Marc A like this.
  11. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Purple Belt

Speaking my language, brotha. Speaking my language.

City_Lights and Jonny Ninja like this.
  12. Breaducce

Breaducce Blue Belt

Is this a trick question? Of course Terrance can beat Spence. He's a fantastic boxer and should be the p4p 1. And Spence is my favorite fighter so I more then aware of the significant threat that Terrance poises to Errol just as I understand the significant threat that Spence poises to Terrance. Having said all that this size talk and that factor it will play when the two fight is way overblown, Terrance is a strong WW and if Errol beats him it will be his skill and Fight IQ that will play by far the most significant factor in the fighter.

On a side note.....Top Rank needs to put more marketing behind Terrance as their top guy because although Loma is a fantastic fighter, Terrance is just better.

13. wilddeuces

wilddeuces Brown Belt

This fight isn't about who is the better talent so much as if Crawford's talent is better than the whole package Spence brings to the table. Spence is a big welter, and could fight comfortably at 154 (even though I would dispute that his style is not suited to weight-jumping), Crawford is not a big welter at all, kind of skinny.

Crawford will have to fight at the level Duran did against Ray Leonard, in order to win. "Over-perform" is a strong word, but he'll have to be consistently at his best.

14. JayE

JayE Black Belt

It would be a really interesting southpaw/southpaw matchup. One of the more interesting ones I can think of in boxing history, actually. Both guys have a bit of Hagler in them stylistically. As slow as Horn is, you could tell that Crawford is going to have genuinely fast feet and hands compared to pretty much anyone else at WW, and I can see that giving Spence trouble. Both have very useful jabs; Crawford's is a bit more varied and gets there faster, but Spence's is heavier and consistently backs his opponents up. One would assume the battle of the jabs will be crucial if (hopefully when) they do fight. Still, even if Crawford has excellent feet he can still be hit, and he has never faced a puncher remotely similar to Spence. Crawford seems like a guy who would be very difficult to break down as he appears to have excellent stamina, but if there was a WW to do it, it would be Spence.

If I were forced to choose, I'd slightly favour Spence, but this is an extremely competitive and interesting fight. It might actually be the best fight to make in the sport.

slivercord and City_Lights like this.
  15. Wanderlei4Life

Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

This generation who thinks today’s fighters are already better than floyd or Lebron is better than Jordan.

Imbrued Esculence likes this.
  16. Imbrued Esculence

That tells you how fast media is moving and how little the dendrites retains knowledge. I think these are the nuances of technology surpassing the limitations of the cortex's ability to absorb information deep inside of them.

ANIM4L, slivercord and Wanderlei4Life like this.
  17. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Spence gives away rounds at the begining of the fight focusing on the body, then TC slows down and gets gotten to. Spence gets the JD, I think Crawford is durable and smart enough to make it to the end.

18. TownBiz

TownBiz Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

imo, spence and crawford are this generations leonard and hearns or hearns and hagler or leonard and hagler...any variation thereof.

19. TownBiz

TownBiz Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

actually, i'm rooting for them not to fight each other....just like i'm not interested in a danny jacobs- jermall fight either...there's many other guys who will make interesting matchups with them two.

20. HardasNAILZ

HardasNAILZ Purple Belt

Spence would KO Wilder.

PUO3 likes this.