Can Cerrone get another Title shot at 155 now?

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He moved up at 170 after his 2nd loss to RDA.

But was on fire at 155 before that L.

8 fights wins streak Vs
Makdessi
Benson Henderson
Myles jury
Eddie Alvarez
Jim Miller
Edson Barboza
Martins
Evan Dunham.

Granted, that was 3yrs ago.
But do you think he can go on another run?
before hanging up his gloves for good?

He's 35 now, times running against him tho...

Very exciting and talented fighter who chokes under pressure...

Would get ruthlessly mauled by Ferguson or Khabib.

Would probably make for an interesting match vs. McGregor, though...

Very exciting and talented fighter who chokes under pressure...

Would get ruthlessly mauled by Ferguson or Khabib.

Would probably make for an interesting match vs. McGregor, thought...

McG Vs Cowboy would be great no doubt.

Depends. He doesn't deserve one, but should try to stay ready on or around cards with 155 defenses as a replacement fighter.

i dont see it happening. i am a big cowboy fan and id love to see him win a title but i dont see him beating either champ

It would be interesting to see, that's for sure. There's a storyline considering he claims Khabib ducked him a few times. I think Khabib easily beats him and Ferguson would tear him to shreds, but it would be fun to watch

Ferguson vs Khabib would be fun. Only one winner (Ferguson) but still, it'd be fun.

Cowboy is still a solid fighter but he is never getting anywhere close a TS imo. I don't see him beating any top 10 guys at either LW or WW.

kabob really needs to fight tony before he gets too carried away.

Cowboy's kryptonite is guys that puts pressure on him.

Conor, Khabib and Tony are all pressure heavy guys, and would all slaughter cowboy.

Cerrone would need a good win streak and a lot of luck to get a title shot. I could see the following scenario play out:

-Cerrone goes on a 2-3 fight win streak at 155, getting at least 1 top 5 win
-Khabib gets suspended for 1 year (brawl), and fights Tony Ferguson or Conor McGregor in late 2019
-Khabib then gets injured or otherwise withdraws from the fight, getting stripped of his belt in the process
-Cerrone then steps up as a last minute replacement to fight for the title

Whether Donald could actually beat Tony or Conor in that situation ... who knows. However, this scenario is not beyond the realm of possibilities.

He's gotten too old and slow imo. That 8 win streak Cerrone might have been an interesting match-up for Tony and Khabib, but now I'm not so sure.

How long is Dustin out for he should fight him next then rematch Nate if he wins them both he gets a shot.

Conor KOs Cowboy, Khabib batters him same way he does to everyone he fights and Tony probably busts him up before strangling him. He'd get nowhere the belt

Submitting an unranked WW with no ground game isn't telling us much about how Cerrone would do against the current LW top 5. I don't believe he'll do well, he went for several titles runs and eventually had a title shot, and never did anything with it. I don't see where is the improvement or new aspect to his game that would change that, especially since he's growing older.

Let him and What'sHisFace fight again:
tumblr_lx3en9iMJq1qa9yvvo1_r1_500.gif

ChiefRadiantEgret-size_restricted.gif

All he has to do is to avoid people who kick him to the body. He won't win enough at 155 to get a shot as he's not good enough.
2 failed WEC title shots (3 if you include the interim title shot) and 1 failed UFC one is enough for a 35 year old.
He's just got the UFC wins record but I think he's only 4 away from the losses record so that should be his next target.

Say he styles on gaethje, lee etc.. low percentage outcome but say he "rick storys" kevin lee he is probably up for a red panty night or a title shot..

How bout a fight against Dariush or Guida to welcome him back

Back