Can bellator steal cyborg?

So you actually would rather see Cyborg fight Julia Budd and Blencowe than Holm, Cat or Nunes who are top BW?

LOL.

Yes, unless Cyborg is moving down who wants to see her face 135ers? Especially when they're just names, but other than Nunes aren't in particularly good form at their own weight anyway.

Hope so, as UFC is sure dropping the ball with her. The only fights for her are Nunes (who wont fight her), GDR (who wont fight her), Holm (who cant get a deal) and Shev (who is likely going to 125). So, that is all to say that there are essentially no fights for Cyborg.

I think at some point, a UFC rep is gonna hand Coker Cyborg's contract and a $50 bill and go "she's your problem now."

Yes, unless Cyborg is moving down who wants to see her face 135ers? Especially when they're just names, but other than Nunes aren't in particularly good form at their own weight anyway.

Agree. At least 1/3 of her "resume" would eventually be made up of women who were actual 145lbs. fighters (even if three of the current six have zero wins).

It would be cool specially if she wins the Bellator belt, first fighter to ever hold UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator belt, also she was an invicta champ

Yeah that UFC belt really means a lot.

Beating up a flabby soccer mom can for it really shows its worth.

All the 145es in the world are just lazy 125ers and 135ers.

Cyborg signed a new deal with UFC

Cyborg signed a new deal with UFC
Is that confirmed? I would assume so given her fight with Holly despite the October 2017 expiration clause in her contract. But was that maybe merely an option that she could waive?

Is that confirmed? I would assume so given her fight with Holly despite the October 2017 expiration clause in her contract. But was that maybe merely an option that she could waive?

Brett Okamoto‏Verified account@bokamotoESPN

In addition to signing UFC 219 bout agreement, Cris 'Cyborg' Justino also signed a new deal, per Dana White. Justino was at the end of her last contract and strongly considered fighting it out, but ultimately came to terms to stay in UFC.

PRobably got a nice pay raise and a piece of the PPV not to mention teh biggest fight she can be in and also possible fights down the road with Anderson, Cat and Nunes.

PRobably got a nice pay raise and a piece of the PPV not to mention teh biggest fight she can be in and also possible fights down the road with Anderson, Cat and Nunes.
I really hope they dont sit on her contract and not give her fights.

Why would they do that when they just signed her to a new deal?
They've only had one fight for her at her weight class so far. Granted it was in july, but there was a long stretch before that. Im not convinced Dana is over his grudge against her either.

They've only had one fight for her at her weight class so far. Granted it was in july, but there was a long stretch before that. Im not convinced Dana is over his grudge against her either.

She was offered two fights in Jan/Feb and turned them down and also had the USADA stuff so that delayed things for a while.

She could have fought three times this year.

Problem is no one watching Bellator even can name two women fighters they have. Yes, competition side they do have some top 145ers. But 145 has literally zero depth. Almost anyone ranked 20 to 11 could beat just about anyone ranked in the top 10 outside of Cyborg and no one would think twice about it. So I don't think ranking mean much at that weight class(or a lot of the women weight classes). So the cost of Cyborg I highly doubt would make much business sense for Bellator.

UFC paid her 200K last time out. Doesn't even make sense to me. No way is anyone touching anything with in a quarter of that at the highest for her to fight. So I think she is kind of stuck dealing with the UFC or be happy making 10K to 50K each fight till she retires.
She has a name and it's only gonna take watching her a few times like my group of mma friends who didn't like her than gave her a chance fell in love because of her style

There's a reason she fought Gina she has a Tyson unstoppable effect

Back