Can bellator steal cyborg?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by tfcfights, Nov 12, 2017.

1. tfcfights Purple Belt

tfcfights
    more money and respect. The UFC is fumbling the ball not getting Holm vs cyborg. Cyborg wants tht fight make it happen. Cyborg is a star her next three fights could be holm, Megan a, than Amanda nunes super fight. Now cyborg is gonna be a free agent and we all know Scott Coker will roll the red carpet out for cyborg. If it happens bellator has the best ww and female fighter. Also cyborg wants to box bellator will give her more freedom.

2. Mammothman Black Belt

Mammothman
    It would be cool specially if she wins the Bellator belt, first fighter to ever hold UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator belt, also she was an invicta champ

executionermma likes this.
  3. Baba Ghanoush Brown Belt

Baba Ghanoush
    First fighter to hold the universal Cracker Jack belt.

mindturking likes this.
  4. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    At least they have a few actual 145ers... So I expect she'll pass

5. CC27 Gold Belt

CC27
    Seems like UFC has a deal with her, it was Holm who they didnt get a deal with. Figured it would have been Cyborg who they couldnt get a deal with.

Expect her to fight Anderson, Nunes or Cat if Holm deal doesnt happen.

As for whether or not Bellator could steal her I guess they could but think Cyborg knows despite FW div being shit in both orgs fights with Nunes, Holm, Cat and Anderson in UFC are FAR bigger than fights with Budd and who? in Bellator.

But if they did steal her away with Joanna losing it would give Bellator their first best fighter in the world in a div and P4P best women in world.

But you never know with Cyborg what she'll do.

6. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

UhHuhSure
    I hope so
    3 promotion FW Champ would be pretty cool. Also, the UFC dont like her and just wasting her time/career.

7. South-East Orange Belt

South-East
    Can USADA steal Cyborg?

8. SugarKrok Orange Belt

SugarKrok
    Hopefully they take her and scrap featherweight. Megan should go over to bellator too. That platform would work better for them anyway. They probably clear more money long term with sponship as well. Maybe not cyborg though...lol.

LilMountain likes this.
  9. Cheapshart The Voice of Raisins

Cheapshart
    The UFC should offer to trade Cyborg for Minakov. Everyone's a winner.

10. tithas Purple Belt

tithas
    Sure but why? She is not a draw and has never fought a legit contender in like 8 years.

TheNinja and leto1776 like this.
  11. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    UFC should just dump her. Then she might have a legit complaint for once.

Baba Ghanoush likes this.
  12. skylolow Silver Belt

skylolow
    Not sure what her deal is with the UFC in terms of contract.

But on the flip side what is Bellator going to do with her???

People sit here and say the UFC has nothing for her(scrap the division) but at the very least they have more than anyone else has for her and the promotional tools/resources to do something with Cyborg. Everyone else is going to do nothing with her except roll out some can with little to no name value and will do nothing for Cyborg and I'm not sure even Bellator would want to stick money into that. Nobody outside of the UFC can really make any money on her and the UFC maybe breaking even with her at best.

CC27 likes this.
  13. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    Bellator is going to put her in their at least somewhat legit 145 division, which contains the majority of the top 10 as per tapology in that division (6) compared to UFC (3, including GDR) and Invicta (1)

UhHuhSure likes this.
  14. skylolow Silver Belt

skylolow
    Problem is no one watching Bellator even can name two women fighters they have. Yes, competition side they do have some top 145ers. But 145 has literally zero depth. Almost anyone ranked 20 to 11 could beat just about anyone ranked in the top 10 outside of Cyborg and no one would think twice about it. So I don't think ranking mean much at that weight class(or a lot of the women weight classes). So the cost of Cyborg I highly doubt would make much business sense for Bellator.

UFC paid her 200K last time out. Doesn't even make sense to me. No way is anyone touching anything with in a quarter of that at the highest for her to fight. So I think she is kind of stuck dealing with the UFC or be happy making 10K to 50K each fight till she retires.

Baba Ghanoush likes this.
  15. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    Except UFC doesn't have anyone outside the top 10 either, bellator has more than a dozen featherweights while UFC is dealing with months of drama trying to negotiate with 135ers who can afford to play hardball with their demands to move up. Cyborg could probably fight 3x as often for Bellator to make up for a pay cut that may come staying with the UFC too if her opponents also have exorbitant pay demands or the sporadic fights dont generate the expected interest

16. DrGlaze Dank Belt

DrGlaze
    Bellator is only missing a few of the 145ers before they have just about everyone.

LilMountain likes this.
  17. CC27 Gold Belt

CC27
    Bellator champs aint fighting all that often lets be real, she'd be lucky to fight twice a year in Bellator same as in UFC only she's gonna make alot more money on PPV in UFC and has much bigger opponents.

Unless of course you are stoked to see Cyborg vs Arelene Blencowe and Julia Budd in Bellator.

skylolow likes this.
  18. TITS The Lamb and the GOAT have fused as one

TITS
    I'd like to see Cyborg beat the living beejezus out of Megan Anderson before she jumps ship.

UhHuhSure likes this.
  19. cheesus Red Belt

cheesus
    I'm not sure what's going with Megan Anderson...the whole 145 situation is fucked.

20. LilMountain Section 20 Operative

LilMountain
    She hasn't fought since July and still has nothing lined up. And she cried about them trying to pay her less too, I don't think the disparity is necessarily so great

More than I want to see her fight Holm or Pennington or whatever 135er they have to talk into moving up before/after she faces the one other 145er they actually have, yeah

Eater of Souls likes this.