Can anyone solve a Rubick's Cube?

how-to-solve-the-rubiks-cube.jpg
boobcube112b1.jpg

I googled a solution a few years ago and I could solve it by memorizing a few algorithms.

I've forgotten those now. But I'm actually pretty good at intuitively solving the first two layers. I've discovered one or two algorithms for moving certain pieces to desired locations on my own.

There's probably zero chance I can get the last layer on my own, as I remember there being some mad complex algorithms.

Any tips to solving without simply memorizing moves? Like how do the Asian kids do it?

Yeah like a year back during a EU trip I learned to solve the thing pretty quickly. I ended up getting my time down to like 5 minutes toward the end of the trip.

Nope, I never been able to do it, I have had one for about 15 years, never completed it, I used to do it like crazy but got so frustrated with it and put it away in a box, I bring it out occasionally to have a go but still no luck.

I get two sides and then I drink. I wake up and have to buy a new rubiks cube because no one should solve a cube that smells like that.

Used to have a stoner buddy that was amazing at solving them. A lot of people think it's intelligence you need, but really it's just memorization. Figure out the pattern and repeat it.

You'll never solve it in 100 lifetimes just fucking with it randomly like most people do.

Can't finish them but I can throw them far as fuck.

Instead of peeling stickers off, you turn an end so corner is sticking out and you pop the peices out. Dunno about the new ones though, they might break...

I never finished the cube or pyramid. I probably could have, but I wasn't investing that much time in one. The long chain link things were much easier. They also had round ones come out too, after the pyramids.

Yes, if you fuck around with one long enough, you'll notice patterns and get good at it.
Also, this thread just happened a week or two ago

Yeah, I can solve a Rubik's Cube. One of my useless talents. Takes me about 2 minutes, which is okay but not fast.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to learn how to do it. There's a language you need to know in order to take instruction (right side inverted, front side blah blah blah...i don't remember the names of the moves now). It took me about 2 hours total to get everything down for the one algorithm I know (white cross).

There's no way in hell you can solve it noodling around without an algorithm...and that's not hyperbole. Anyone tells you any different, they're a liar.

Yeah, I can solve a Rubik's Cube. One of my useless talents. Takes me about 2 minutes, which is okay but not fast.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to learn how to do it. There's a language you need to know in order to take instruction (right side inverted, front side blah blah blah...i don't remember the names of the moves now). It took me about 2 hours total to get everything down for the one algorithm I know (white cross).

There's no way in hell you can solve it noodling around without an algorithm...and that's not hyperbole. Anyone tells you any different, they're a liar.

This is true.

You can't solve it intuitively, I'm convinced.

This is true.

You can't solve it intuitively, I'm convinced.

Nevermind how complicated the moves are to get to the end, the final step in the most basic algorithm is fixing the last 2-4 corner pieces:

latest

Hard to explain, but what you have to do to fix the grey pieces is essentially a trust fall. It will look like you're undoing everything you've accomplished until it all magically comes together.

So if some Sherdogger tells you he/she solved it on their own, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are full of shit.

Nevermind how complicated the moves are to get to the end, the final step in the most basic algorithm is fixing the last 2-4 corner pieces:

latest

Hard to explain, but what you have to do to fix the grey pieces is essentially a trust fall. It will look like you're undoing everything you've accomplished until it all magically comes together.

So if some Sherdogger tells you he/she solved it on their own, know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are full of shit.

Agreed.

I could solve it five years ago using a "fish" pattern. I'm currently trying to solve the first two layers without looking up moves. I've found a way to move the middle pieces into position without rearranging the top, but once I get down to one cube, it doesn't work.

Back