Can anyone solve a Rubick's Cube?

N

NewGuardBjj

I googled a solution a few years ago and I could solve it by memorizing a few algorithms.

I've forgotten those now. But I'm actually pretty good at intuitively solving the first two layers. I've discovered one or two algorithms for moving certain pieces to desired locations on my own.

There's probably zero chance I can get the last layer on my own, as I remember there being some mad complex algorithms.

Any tips to solving without simply memorizing moves? Like how do the Asian kids do it?

You can peel the stickers off and put them where you want them.

I'll get it soon. I've only been fucking with it for a grand total of like 3 hours and almost got it already.

her warm "Rubick's cube"
in my mouth I found her pube
our "Moonlight Danube"

Color Blind people complete it in 3 moves

I can still complete it but I memorized the moves. Of course then you intuitively figure out short cuts and other ways to do it.

I can still complete it but I memorized the moves. Of course then you intuitively figure out short cuts and other ways to do it.

So I've always thought that no one can really solve it on their own. Do you think you have to first start with memorizing and then move to finding short cuts?

Only one I ever solved was the pyramid. I mastered solving that one. Of course it's easier.

Won a couple bets by solving it in under 2 minutes.

Pyramid-puzzle-cube_551011.jpg

Last edited:
Only one I ever solved was the pyramid. I mastered solving that one. Of course it's easier.

Won a couple bets by solving it in under 2 minutes.

Figured it would be harder.

Figured it would be harder.

I guess I'm just assuming it's easier. I figured out the pattern to do it by myself. Never mastered the cube though.

So I've always thought that no one can really solve it on their own. Do you think you have to first start with memorizing and then move to finding short cuts?
I'm sure given enough time you could figure it out yourself. The patterns emerge eventually as you play around, thus discovering the short cuts. But who has got time for that? Memorize the basic patterns that address all situations and then improve in it.

I guess I'm just assuming it's easier. I figured out the pattern to do it by myself. Never mastered the cube though.

I've seen the pyramids at book stores. I picked it up, turned it once, then walked the fuck away.

I'm sure given enough time you could figure it out yourself. The patterns emerge eventually as you play around, thus discovering the short cuts. But who has got time for that? Memorize the basic patterns that address all situations and then improve in it.

So what I'm realizing right now is that more complex moves are just two less complex moves together.

My 13 yr old loves all the different cube style puzzles. He tried to explain to me how to solve the original cube to me....told him if he didn't get the thing away from me I would throw it against the wall. I have no patience for those things.

Never have...probably will never solve. @odog i hate your mind. I'm too dumb to solve any puzzle.

I've completed one by pure messing around. That took a few years. Then I learned the algorithms to solve it and I got where I could do one in a couple minutes, but that's really cheating if you ask me.

My girlfriends nephew can smash a rubiks, rubicks revenge, pyraminx, and a few others in under a minute. And he's like 8 or 9 years old. It's pretty fucking impressive.

Edit: found his YouTube video. This is his first competition so I think the nerves got to him. I saw him practicing and he was averaging something like 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Back