Can anyone find this post about Anderson Silva (This was from before he got into UFC)

EmbraceTheGrindRak

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Someone posted on Reddit

"
Before Silva's UFC debut there was a thread about "Who would be the next UFC champion that is not in the UFC", and someone made a detailed post on Silva, with examples, pictures and clips. They were absolutely convinced that he would be champion, and people were shitting all over him because Silva's record around that time was quite spotty (3 losses in his last 10 to Okami, Chonan and Takase)."

Can anyone find this? Its here somewhere on Sherdogs (He mentioned that to me). And BTW - do anyone have early prediction posts like these? LIke someone predicting Jon Jones or Silva or any other fighter?

Someone posted on Reddit

"
Before Silva's UFC debut there was a thread about "Who would be the next UFC champion that is not in the UFC", and someone made a detailed post on Silva, with examples, pictures and clips. They were absolutely convinced that he would be champion, and people were shitting all over him because Silva's record around that time was quite spotty (3 losses in his last 10 to Okami, Chonan and Takase)."

Can anyone find this? Its here somewhere on Sherdogs (He mentioned that to me). And BTW - do anyone have early prediction posts like these? LIke someone predicting Jon Jones or Silva or any other fighter?
A lot of people were pretty high on silva.

When people picked leben to smash him they laughed like crazy.

A lot of people were pretty high on silva.

When people picked leben to smash him they laughed like crazy.

If you listen closely you can still hear them laughing to this day.

Can't help ts but I do remember someone bumping an old thread where majority of posters thought Franklin was gonna destroy silva.

Most old threads were lost in the server shift two years ago or so. Tons of great stuff went up in smoke. Something before Silva entering the UFC still surviving?

Yea I forgot the dudes name tho, he actually kept on posting for years here and probaby still does. He is a pretty recognizable poster I think he was a big Big Nog/Wand fan. I just don't remember his sn. He called it years ago. I'm sure someone with a better memory will get it the dude was pretty popular.

Silva would be an underdog on websites like this one even after some of his destructive matrix performances. It was out of resentment, not because they actually thought he would lose. Keep in mind during his reign there was still the cult-leader Fedor continuing the myth before SF crashed it, and GSP was in his prime too.

Anderson was coming off that ridiculous KO of Fryklund and was one of the favorites for the RotR tournament. He had a lot of momentum coming into the UFC. I don't think anyone expected him to beat Leben and Franklin like he did but I think a lot of people expected him to challenge for the title

Someone posted on Reddit

"

Bas, durin´ his fights in Pride, was [a bit too] completely high on Spider...

Yea I forgot the dudes name tho, he actually kept on posting for years here and probaby still does. He is a pretty recognizable poster I think he was a big Big Nog/Wand fan. I just don't remember his sn. He called it years ago. I'm sure someone with a better memory will get it the dude was pretty popular.
Was it Wamrage?

Was it Wamrage?
Haven't heard that SN in years lol. Naa I don't think it was him. From what I remember he wasn't an overt Wand fan like that just maybe a fan of plenty Brazilian fighters maybe with lIke an 04 join date. I think he kept posting for years tho. I think the posters that would know and still post here are @JKS and @EricaLovesUFC.

there was some chick who made a youtube video who was absolutely crazy about conor and knew he was gonna win the belt vs aldo.

If you watched Cage Rage back then you would know , there MW fighters were much better then the UFC & the loss 2 Okami was stupid as any1 can see .
I didn't think they would sign him as the UFC was doing there US Champ + division of cans thing .

People who weren't TUF noobs knew Silva was legit at the time

Back