Can anyone beat Robert Whittaker at MW besides Yoel Romero?

Stuff did happen and it was 100% Whittaker because Yoel was gassed and didn't throw. You don't win a round by landing 3 punches unless you at least drop the guy

And the 3rd is pretty clearly a 10-9, Yoel eats a ton of shots too including some head kicks

10-9 RW
10-9 RW
10-9 YR
10-9RW
10-8 YR

47-47
Keep in mind it’s supposed to be easier to get 10-8 now. Like I said mike Jackson gets one for holding cm punk down and Yoel doesn’t after brutalizing Whittaker. And Yoel should get round four. The most important factor is supposed to be damage. What causes more damage: yoel badly rocking Whittaker or Whittakers potter patter point fighting in that round. A draw is somewhat fair but it seems pretty clear Romero won. Especially when you get bodied in the fifth round

Yoel had his shot, twice, missing weight on the 2nd fight. Luke should have a good shot at beating him imo, in the end they all are top MW's, probably with Costa a little untested at this point.

And new undisputed UFC MW champion of the world is Kevin Gastelum

Keep in mind it’s supposed to be easier to get 10-8 now. Like I said mike Jackson gets one for holding cm punk down and Yoel doesn’t after brutalizing Whittaker. And Yoel should get round four. The most important factor is supposed to be damage. What causes more damage: yoel badly rocking Whittaker or Whittakers potter patter point fighting in that round. A draw is somewhat fair but it seems pretty clear Romero won. Especially when you get bodied in the fifth round

Yoel got outstruck cleanly in the 4th. And Mike Jackson got one because Punk did nothing, Whittaker got rocked but landed a ton, including a flush head kick. Romero has an amazing chin but that doesn't mean it just doesn't count. It was a 10-9. If you want an example of a 10-8 look at round 5. There is a clear difference between the two

"Pitter patter fighting"

yoel_romero_hospital_ufc_225.jpg

After all the wars Rob has been through I wouldn't be surprised of he lost the next fight. Fighting Romero twice and winning took a toll on Rob. No matter what he has been a great champ. Hopefully he keeps winning agaisnt new opponents not rematches.

Robert Whittaker is one of my favorite Champs. Been following him since smashes, and predicted he'd be champ one day.

That said the guy isn't perfect and I'd really like to see him matched up against Kelvin, Isreal, and the fight we never got against Luke Rockhold. I think if he'd get passed those guys, he'd answer all the current questions at MW and may be looking to move up.

Paulo is fun, but I'm not quite sold on him. The Yoel fight will be very telling. MW is really fun rn.

As a fan of Whittaker I think that Weidman and rockhold beat him.
Also he got wrecked by Romero the second time... so he basically already lost
"Big fan" of Romero here, he lost twice to the MW GOA... I mean, that loser Robert Whittaker. Also a huge fan of Weidman and Rockhold, but no way they do anything against that can crush Robert Whittaker.

Dude lost at WW not long ago... and his last 2 victories over Yoel weren't convincing either.

Why force the narrative that Whittaker's an unbeatable champion?
4.5 years ago when he was 23 is not that long ago?<LikeReally5>

I favor him in every matchup in the current mw division.

His striking is light years ahead of Weidman and Luke.

The only matchups where I would not want to pick a winner is Kelvin and Moose. Though I still favor Bobby in both; gun to my head.

Of those guys, I think Weidman has the best chance, oddly enough. Gastelum being a close second. Rockhold too chinny and poor striking defense.

Definitely Mousasi! Moose is amazing and I'm sad he left the UFC.

I don’t know.

That’s why I’m so interested in his next few fights.

Would love to see Whittaker against any of those you listed (except wonderboy)

Yoel lost twice to Whitaker... with a broken hand. Yes, the second one was controversial and very close. But I think Bobby proved he is the superior fighter.

Back