Can anyone beat Robert Whittaker at MW besides Yoel Romero?

You know Wonderboy has an impressive win over Whittaker right?
What does that matter? Bobby was getting rocked way too easy at WW.

He's far more improved than the Bobby that got countered the shit out of.

What does that matter? Bobby was getting rocked way too easy at WW.

He's far more improved than the Bobby that got countered the shit out of.

Wonderboy has a shot now that Yoel cracked MW Whittaker's chin

Yoel has lost to Whittaker twice. Are you confused ?
Did you watch those fights? Whittaker almost died in one of those rounds. Only someone who can completely stiffen Rob with one shot has a chance over 5 rounds against him. Yoel couldn't do it when Rob probably didn't know where he was round 4 of 2nd fight. Rob is the man and will stay champ a long time. But Yoel didn't exactly "lose" the second fight. It was as close as fights go, and many gave it to him. @Workaholic rob pretty clearly won 1st fight on one leg it was 2nd fight that could have gone either way.

It could get interesting if Weidman can get him down.

#stillmyboy

But i think Gastelum has the best chance.

We've only seen a healthy prime Whittaker once, and he fucked up Jacare pretty good.

Last edited:
Dude lost at WW not long ago... and his last 2 victories over Yoel weren't convincing either.

Why force the narrative that Whittaker's an unbeatable champion?

Hell No, WB would get slept. He'd hesitate more than he did against Tyron, and Romero is far more dangerous.

Hell no, Rockhold's striking defence versus Bobby's excellent hands? Lol Bobby would KO Rockhold.

As for Weidman, he doesnt have the wrestling to take Bobby down or have the advantage on the feet. He probably losses a dec, if he doesnt get KO'd.

And I recall Bobby winning a close decision, and winning 3 rounds. A wins a win, especially over Romero.
Dude Whittaker objectively lost that fight. You could make the argument that Romero got two 10-8 rounds, keep in mind that night mike Jackson got a 10-8 for doing nothing against cm punk. And then somehow Whittaker won the fourth round after getting rocked hard and getting stanky legged. No matter how you cut it Whittaker lost and the ufc knows that. Can you imagine the mess that would have happened if yoel won?

Yes, literally anyone can beat Whittaker at MW.

MMA is game of inches where the simplest misstep of mistake can get your lights turned out or your arm popped out of it's socket. This is why fighters who manage to defend titles many times are so revered. Because it is fuckin hard as fuckity fuck. Some of the noob fans don't get that. They seem to have no problem with a fighter winning and then snatching his ball and running home.

The one thing that elite athletes in any sport agree on, without question, is that it is ultimately more challenging to remain at the top then it is getting there. There are many reasons for this but I'm sure this post is already too long and most of you fucktards had your eyes glaze over before you finished the second paragraph...so I wont go into them.

*Insert TLDR meme

IMO yes. Luke, Chris, and possibly Costa.

Even wonderboy, gsp, woodley, and other WWs if he chose to come up. If a WW chose to come up they would get the same benefits Rob gets from not making the cut.

As a fan of Whittaker I think that Weidman and rockhold beat him.
Also he got wrecked by Romero the second time... so he basically already lost
Massively disagree on both Weidman and Rockhold. If he can get up quickly from both Jacare and Romero takedowns neither Weidman or Rockhold are holding him down and I think he destroys both of them on the feet. Rockhold's got a glass chin at this weight and Weidman's on the downward slope. Actually think Kelvin might be the toughest fight for him, maybe Costa but I'm yet to be convinced by him yet, pity his fight against Romero was cancelled as that would have been a proper litmus test.

Dude Whittaker objectively lost that fight. You could make the argument that Romero got two 10-8 rounds, keep in mind that night mike Jackson got a 10-8 for doing nothing against cm punk. And then somehow Whittaker won the fourth round after getting rocked hard and getting stanky legged. No matter how you cut it Whittaker lost and the ufc knows that. Can you imagine the mess that would have happened if yoel won?

Whittaker did win the 4th obviously. And the third was not a 10-8 only the 5th was

47-47

Neither man won that night, neither man lost. One man cheated though and it wasn't Whittaker

Whittaker did win the 4th obviously. And the third was not a 10-8 only the 5th was

47-47

Neither man won that night, neither man lost. One man cheated though and it wasn't Whittaker
Dude how did Whittaker win the fourth round? Nothing happened up until Romero wobbled him bad. If you really look back at it it’s pretty obvious Romero won by atleast a point but that would be such a mess for the ufc. Imagine them having a champ who just got their ass handed to them and yet keeps the belt, it would look horrible

I think Kelvin is a bad stylistic matchup for Whittaker, i can see Robert losing that one.

I have the upmost respect for both Yoel and Whitaker, but Bobs victory over Yoel is a win only on paper. I can’t for the life of me understand how or why some of you give weight to such a terrible decision. Yoel won that second fight. It wasn’t even particularly close.

Dude how did Whittaker win the fourth round? Nothing happened up until Romero wobbled him bad. If you really look back at it it’s pretty obvious Romero won by atleast a point but that would be such a mess for the ufc. Imagine them having a champ who just got their ass handed to them and yet keeps the belt, it would look horrible

Stuff did happen and it was 100% Whittaker because Yoel was gassed and didn't throw. You don't win a round by landing 3 punches unless you at least drop the guy

And the 3rd is pretty clearly a 10-9, Yoel eats a ton of shots too including some head kicks

10-9 RW
10-9 RW
10-9 YR
10-9RW
10-8 YR

47-47

Broken hand excuse is pathetic. He broke it by hitting Yoel on the elbows. We can say Yoel beat him with one eye.

At the end of the day, Whittaker again comes out flushed and gadooshed after their fight. Whittaker only won by some idiotic perspective solely on point fighting. He was close to being separated from his consciousness three times. Delusional aussies.

Back