Can a woman be the GOAT?

The GOAT doesn't necessarily have to be someone that can beat anyone in any category, that's just dumb.

It does have to be someone in a stacked division or in a division where the level of competition is high.

The 125 men's division and most women's division don't really have the highest level of competition.

But there can be a Woman GOAT. I don't see why not. It would just have to be considered appart from the men. Because obviously a man at the same weight will have the advantage.

Anyway, GOAT discussion is pretty much useless. There are GOATS but you can't really have THE GOAT since it's always up for the debate and opinions vary.

pink+leopard+goat+coat+etsy.jpg

The best ever should, in my opinion, be the favourite to win against whoever it is they're facing, no matter what weight. Therefore it's hard for anyone lower than MW to be in the discussion.

Take GSP or DJ for example, their achievements in terms of championship level fights won should single them out as the best MMA fighters ever. But they aren't, because heavyweights would knock their block off.

That's not a bad criteria, but I don't think even MM or LHW are in the discussion under it: MW's and LHW's cut from over 205, which means they go out of their way (water cuts are hell) to avoid fighting HW's; if they thought they'd be winning at HW they'd be fighting there.

I'd further argue that if lighter weights can be GOAT despite not being able to beat heavier fighters, then there's nothing wrong with a woman being GOAT despite not being able to beat male fighters; GOAT in this case means in your category, and there's no obvious reason why being the best woman in her division (if the divisions were as competitive as men's, which could happen one day) is any different than being the best man in a non-heavyweight division.

No, their divisions are underdeveloped.

Currently, definitely yes. But that could change in the next few decades, and then being the best woman in a division would be no different than being the best man in a lighter than heavyweight division.

the GOAT can't be a woman, a junior, a special olympics athlete or a lightweight/middleweight - the GOAT has to be the best man, AKA heavyweight male champ: AKA MIOCIC

Just because you can't beat everyone, in every category, doesn't mean you can't be the GOAT. Seriously, that's one of the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

It's like if I said, Heavyweights can't be GOAT because they aren't well rounded enough. They rely mostly on strength and don't have much endurance.

Weight classes exist for a reason.

The GOAT discussion is a never ending debate. But if we were to call someone the GOAT, the criteria would have to be, how good of a fighter that guy is, how well rounded he is, the level of competition he had, longetivity etc...

There are so many factors.

We are talking about the GREATEST FIGHTER not the biggest fighter.

Of course the 6"4 guy weighing 240+ pounds will beat mostly anyone under 200 pounds. Doesn't make him the greatest or the most talented fighter. He's just big.

If there are other fighters who can beat you, how can you be the best?

as a real goat,maybe

I feel that you are below average in IQ because this is the dumbest thread in a long time. Can a woman be the GOAT? Of course she can. Can a midget be the GOAT? Of course. Will it happen? It's extremely unlikely. You have to be as dumb as a rock if you don't understand this.

Yes, if the woman beats the best male fighters.
Not very likely it will ever happen though.

Back