Can 2017 measure up to 2016?

2016 is gonna be a Motha F*cka to top.

01/02/16 UFC 195 Lawler vs Condit 300,000
03/05/16 UFC 196 McGregor vs Diaz 1,317,000
04/23/16 UFC 197 Jones vs. Saint Preux 322,000
05/14/16 UFC 198 Werdum vs Miocic 217,000
06/04/16 UFC 199 Rockhold vs Bisping 2 320,000
09/07/16 UFC 200 Tate vs. Nunes 1,009,000 ------------ (Brock)
07/30/16 UFC 201 Lawler vs Woodley 240,000
08/20/16 UFC 202 McGregor vs. Diaz 2 1,650,000
09/10/16 UFC 203 Miocic vs. Oereem 450,000 ---------- (Punk)
10/08/16 UFC 204 Bisping vs. Henderson 290,000
11/12/16 UFC 205 McGregor vs. Alverez 1,300,000
12/10/16 UFC 206 Halloway vs. Pettis 150,000
12/30/16 UFC 207 Nunes vs. Rousey 1,100,000
http://mmapayout.com/blue-book/pay-per-view/

5 cards over a million PPV Buys in 2016 is the best they've ever done in a years time. Even most of the lesser cards are around what seemz to be the standard for a "decent" card @ 300,000

Interestingly the last to cardz of 2015 were the only onez to break the elusive Million PPV mark in that year.

11/15/15 UFC 193 Rousey vs Holm 1,100,000

12/12/15 UFC 194 Aldo vs McGregor 1,025,000

It seemz like the UFC went full on from Nov. 2015 - the end of 2016... & then blew their wad... for a lackluster 2017 start. It's hard for them to compete with last year since their Cash cows are out... but that's the nature of the business... they need to stack those cardz now just to even reach tree fiddy.
Bad sign is that wwe guys bring in more ppv than any champ not named mcgregor or rousey.

I understand why there was some confusion and it's my fault.

I quoted the OP's comment on Lando separately from the OP's comment on Perry but kept them in the same post and ended up bringing two group's attention to the entire thing rather than the part relevant to them :)

I don't know you created a monster inside me every-time I see your name.. I think back and remember you ignored my plea to put a god damn Santa hat on my Cain AV... plus I don't like Perry so it's a bonus. (poor @Myrddin Wild had to make his own SANTA hat the humanity)

You tricky like them gay gangsters.. it's all friends and hugs until I find myself in the Plutonium squad or some shit like that. :D

Bad sign is that wwe guys bring in more ppv than any champ not named mcgregor or rousey.
Interesting... I'm not up on WWE PPV's... how much do they cost? I only ask because if it's not $50 or $60... it might not be a fair comparison. Either way... it's an eye opener that they're actually getting more PPV buyz unless you're one of the Golden men or women of the UFC.

Last edited:
I understand why there was some confusion and it's my fault.

I quoted the OP's comment on Lando separately from the OP's comment on Perry but kept them in the same post and ended up bringing two group's attention to the entire thing rather than the part relevant to them :)
I don't know you created a monster inside me every-time I see your name.. I think back and remember you ignored my plea to put a god damn Santa hat on my Cain AV... plus I don't like Perry so it's a bonus. (poor @Myrddin Wild had to make his own SANTA hat the humanity)

You tricky like them gay gangsters.. it's all friends and hugs until I find myself in the Plutonium squad or some shit like that. :D
It's the clown in his Avi... It's slowly turning Brother One evil.

I've been trying to slow the transformation, but then he comes back like this & I feel my efforts are in vane. :oops:

jurassic raptor with Joker.png

Interesting... I'm not up on WWE PPV's... how much do they cost? I only ask because if it's not $50 or $60... it might not be a fair comparison. Either way... it's an eye opener that they're actually getting more PPV buyz.
I meant punk and block. Don't follow wrestling either.

It could. 2015 was insane also.

I meant punk and block. Don't follow wrestling either.
Okay, gocha... the Punk card sold like that just cause he waz on it for sure his popularity on WWE is what brought in above average numberz. Would've likely been 200 - 300K without him on it.

Brock at the time of 200 is also a 3 time UFC champ... so you can't really classify him as a strictly WWE guy imo... but to your point... he waz above average PPV's from the get go... & absolutely killing it once he went for & got those titlez.

02/02/08 UFC 81 Sylvia/Nog, Lesnar/Mir 600,000
08/09/08 UFC 87 GSP / Fitch, Lesnar/Herring 625,000
11/15/08 UFC 91 Lesnar v. Couture 1,010,000
07/11/09 UFC 100 Lesnar v. Mir 1,600,000
07/03/10 UFC 116 Lesnar vs. Carwin 1,060,000
10/23/10 UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez 900,000
12/31/11 UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem 535,000
09/07/16 UFC 200 Tate vs. Nunes, Lesnar/ Hunt 1,009,000

Yes, Jones getting pulled from UFC 200 three dayz prior to it is what I'm talking about... as well as all the Shoop work.

Why you gotta pick on McGregor? The UFC did that I reckon as a smoke screen to be able to afford Brock for that card. That Mac fight at 200 was scheduled March 30th & waz off on May 17, 2016... So yeah, a month & a half of shooping... but still 2 months prior to UFC 200 & most of the shoops were still valid for 202 anywayz.

June 4th waz when ArielGate happened & he announced the big secret that Brock was going to be on the card. Hmmm... lets see here. Mac got pulled for a Bull sh*t reason just 2 weeks before Brock was announced. Does anyone think that Brock stepped up after the Mac/Diaz fight waz booked & the UFC just used the "not showing up at a press conference" thing as an excuse because they couldn't afford both on the same card? Perhaps they just recognized that Mac could carry a card on his own & so putting them together didn't make sense. In hind site, the money 196 & 202 made (breaking all the recordz) would certainly back that theory.

I would not be surprised if they worked it all out with Mac... & they all decided that Mac not showing up to the press conference waz their best strategy for rescheduling the fight. Creating this ruse also created controversy & a ton of press for the UFC & probably reached a lot of casuals in the process.
For the record I've been backing the theory that pulling Mac waz bullshit done for some other reason since Mac got removed from the card... & been backing the theory presented here since Brock got announced. As soon as Brock waz announced... I waz like... That's it... that's the reason they removed Mac... it's so obvious.

Not sure why it said I was 'mentioned' in this post, but oh well.

Time will tell. but I never said anything regarding him being a gatekeeper or not. I personally see him as a young & exciting up & comer & win or lose I love his style & what he is all about. You should get down on bended knee right now & thank the just bleed gods that Groovy waz on the 209 card. It waz most redeeming quality of the whole event & I'd say that would be hard to dispute.

I feel that Groovy is young enough to make the necessary changes & could very well move into the top of the division with just a few adjustments. He'z got a great base to work upon & will be back to turning the headz of casuals who overlook him because he lost a closely contested & very entertaining FOTN performance.
I'm just being a (not so) smartass. I love watching both Platinum and The Groovy One. His performance against Ferguson with almost no camp and the wicked spinning heel kick on Makdessi makes him one of the most interesting prospects in the UFC. His loss to Teymur didn't really tell us anything. And to be honest I think he looked off and not at 100% in that match whereas Teymur looked the best he's ever been.

2016 was an amazing year from beginning to end, 10/10 and a huge step for MMA.

2017 so far has been one huge step backwards, with pullout merchants (Khabib) ruining cards, champions scared to engage (Woodley,) and just all around trash cards (208,) I think 2017 has already lost this competition.

I'm just being a (not so) smartass. I love watching both Platinum and The Groovy One. His performance against Ferguson with almost no camp and the wicked spinning heel kick on Makdessi makes him one of the most interesting prospects in the UFC. His loss to Teymur didn't really tell us anything. And to be honest I think he looked off and not at 100% in that match whereas Teymur looked the best he's ever been.
Well said bro... I hesitate to say the last part of your post because it will just come off as bias... since I'm rocking the Legion of Groove Avi n stuff... but that's exactly the way I felt as well. Groovy talked about him being off in his post fight interview as well for whatever weight that holds.

And I watched a lot of tape on Teymur going into the fight & never seen him that sharp. He really stepped up... & good for him. I actually became a bit of a fan of his... not his singing though... lol... his fighting. :D

1:55

The Groove Train is in the house!!

IMG_2719.JPG

nature of the sport of mma vs the nature of show biz entertainment fighting, WWE can sript someone to become a star, in the UFC there is:
1) the promotion machine,
2) strategic matchmaking
3) the fighting achievement of the fighter.

3) fucks it up for a while in the UFC, for most fighters, sooner or later, especially post USDA, you'll lose or wanna retire because you get your ass beat like hell.

Rhonda, if she comes back in 5 months, will be able to sell good PPV's but most likely less then what she did before her last humiliation.

Yes, Jones getting pulled from UFC 200 three dayz prior to it is what I'm talking about... as well as all the Shoop work.

Why you gotta pick on McGregor? The UFC did that I reckon as a smoke screen to be able to afford Brock for that card. That Mac fight at 200 was scheduled March 30th & waz off on May 17, 2016... So yeah, a month & a half of shooping... but still 2 months prior to UFC 200 & most of the shoops were still valid for 202 anywayz.

June 4th waz when ArielGate happened & he announced the big secret that Brock was going to be on the card. Hmmm... lets see here. Mac got pulled for a Bull sh*t reason just 2 weeks before Brock was announced. Does anyone think that Brock stepped up after the Mac/Diaz fight waz booked & the UFC just used the "not showing up at a press conference" thing as an excuse because they couldn't afford both on the same card? Perhaps they just recognized that Mac could carry a card on his own & so putting them together didn't make sense. In hind site, the money 196 & 202 made (breaking all the recordz) would certainly back that theory.

I would not be surprised if they worked it all out with Mac... & they all decided that Mac not showing up to the press conference waz their best strategy for rescheduling the fight. Creating this ruse also created controversy & a ton of press for the UFC & probably reached a lot of casuals in the process.
For the record I've been backing the theory that pulling Mac waz bullshit done for some other reason since Mac got removed from the card... & been backing the theory presented here since Brock got announced. As soon as Brock waz announced... I waz like... That's it... that's the reason they removed Mac... it's so obvious.

I disagree. This was the UFC putting it's foot down when they thought it was in their interest to do so. It was an attempt to show Conor, and the entire roster, who was boss when they thought they had a strong hand (i.e. when they thought they had a superstar like Brock who could provide red panty night if Conor went off the reservation). That ended up blowing up in their faces though. I'm sure that having Brock on the card helped but 200 underperformed expectations, and in the process both Jones and Brock got taken out of the rotation by USADA.

Now after the self-destruction of every other major star they are in desperation mode. They caved in on GSP and Mayweather/Mac. I'm sure they have long term plans but those plans are a ways off from coming to fruition. Their celebrity strategy is going to take awhile to bear fruit if it ever does.

The year of the derailed hype trains. :D
9752281.jpg

ufc209_10_teymur_vs_vannata_005-1-630x384.jpg
Gets fight of the night honors and somehow he's derailed?
Lando puts out entertaining fights and you shit on him. You sir are a sad, sad creature.
Congrats to Teymur, noble victory.

Gets fight of the night honors and somehow he's derailed?
Lando puts out entertaining fights and you shit on him. You sir are a sad, sad creature.
Congrats to Teymur, noble victory.
That idiot is also overlooking that Lando is getting the experience and challenge that he needs in there to help him improve quickly. Everyone who knows him personally realises he's already very talented and he will learn a lot from those 2 UFC losses, more than perhaps 2-3 wins against lesser fighters would've taught him

Back