Campbell's soup sucks and is dying.

Just in time for soup season...

01477.jpg

Put it on noodles.
So good.

Those soups usually have way too much salt.

I dig soup and go for those fresh soups you find in bags in the cooler. My local store has a legit spicey mex beans and corn soup.

Those soups usually have way too much salt.

I dig soup and go for those fresh soups you find in bags in the cooler. My local store has a legit spicey mex beans and corn soup.

I make my own spicy mexican soup

IMG00678-20120702-2108.jpg

so good

People's tastes have advanced.. We get too much sodium from everywhere now, so people don't need extra salt-licks. With the rise of cooking shows, and in some areas YES, the existence of different cultures living around each other, we have all eaten really good soup. Back in the 60s, 70's, and even 80s food was more bland and people had lower expectations. Sweet and sour pork was something really special.

I lived with a woman from Montenegro for 15 years that made thee best home-made chicken soup. You think I can do anything with Campbell's chicken soup? God no. It's NOTHING. I should work in marketing for them, actually. Anybody here work for Campbell's?

Last edited:
People's tastes have advanced.. We get too much sodium from everywhere now, so people don't need extra salt-licks. With the rise of cooking shows, and in some areas YES, the existence of different cultures living around each other, we have all eaten really good soup. Back in the 60s, 70's, and even 80s food was more bland and people had lower expectations. Sweet and sour pork was something really special.

I lived with a woman from Montenegro for 15 years ago makes thee best home-made chicken soup. You think I can do anything with Campbell's chicken soup? God no. It's NOTHING. I should work in marketing for them, actually. Anybody here work for Campbell's?

That's a good point. We are bombarded with recipes these days. All these cooking shows and people on FB and Instagram showing us every meal they ate and prepared. It is never Campbell's. They are done.

No one eats soup nowadays. Parents feed their kids deep fried butter.

If you compare Cambells to the other ghetto brands, they aren't doing so bad after all.
Cambells Soup is basically the Facebook of soup.
They have no competition.

A lot of name brands have been hurt by store brands. It started with stuff like cereal. I can get Cinnamon Toast Crunch generic version for literally half the price of the name brand right next to it on the shelf. Another example is Hanes underwear. Who doesn't own Hanes? Target dropped Hanes for their own store brand. T shirts, underwear. Amazon doing the same. A lot of stuff sold by Amazon is actually made by Amazon and many people don't know that.

Their old-school add water soups are mainly for recipes (like casseroles), but there's nothing wrong with the rest of their line.

My wife lives on their Maxx soups for lunches.

new-campbells-soups-coupons.jpg

Their old-school add water soups are mainly for recipes (like casseroles), but there's nothing wrong with the rest of their line.

You saying your wife is a chunky maxx woman?

I actually really like the Well Yes soups. I get 6 or 8 whenever they are buy one get one free at the supermarket next door. They have BOGO sales once every 1.5-2 months. They have a bit less sodium, but still more than the average person should have. I don't cook with much salt or eat many processed foods, so I don't mind the extra salt from time to time.

Also when I cook it, I use a pot (rather than microwave), and always add in some water and extra veggies, for added nutrition. It ends up being perfect size for 2 people with the stuff I add. They lack sufficent protein, so I usually add in some cheese and an egg or cook a lean protein on the side.

They make a good beef stew marinade that you just toss in a crockpot with stew meat, potatoes and carrots.

If you compare Cambells to the other ghetto brands, they aren't doing so bad after all.
Cambells Soup is basically the Facebook of soup.
They have no competition.
Ramen noodles is the comp for their base products.

They make a good beef stew marinade that you just toss in a crockpot with stew meat, potatoes and carrots.
You can slow cook some chicken in their mushroom or cream of chicken, throw in a few vegetables, and then put it all over mashed potatoes. I did that a lot a few years ago. Was good.

I buy Campbell's soup because I know what it is. Some store brands are almost identical and I wouldn't be surprised if they are made by Campbell's and labeled as other brands. I buy chicken noodle, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and various Chunky soups. Soup was the go to quick meal before microwaves. Now there are more quick meal options and leftovers are easier to heat up. I tend to forget about soup.

Back