Campaign vs Multiplayer rankings

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Are there any games where your campaign characters are the ones in the multiplayer format?

For instance , just playing multiplayer all the time won’t build your character strengths, you have to build those in the campaign?

So to fully strengthen the character you have to finish the campaign multiple times?

How would this be received, or do most multiplayer gamers not care about the campaign (seems that way?) and would be a huge turn off??

Bueller?

No one likes the idea of having to level your character through the campaign and port that to multiplayer instead of building it in multiplayer?

Diablo 2 was like that. Not sure if 3 is. The main issue I've heard of with games like you describe is the ability to hack the charcter offline and then bring them online.

Phantasy Star online had a similar setup and had this issue.

Diablo 2 was like that. Not sure if 3 is. The main issue I've heard of with games like you describe is the ability to hack the charcter offline and then bring them online.

Phantasy Star online had a similar setup and had this issue.
Ah, that makes sense.

I guess console gamers don’t take stuff like that into account because of how less common hacking is in console games

Ah, that makes sense.

I guess console gamers don’t take stuff like that into account because of how less common hacking is in console games

Yea on console it wasn't as common but even they could do what they call "duping" so basically making copies of very rare items offline.

Back