Cambridge Analytica, Psychometrics, Russia, and the Trump Campaign

You two are shining examples of what CA did. Targeted people not just likely to accept lies, but people who pretty much wanted to be lied to.

Except, I don’t Facebook.

So I’m actually a shining example of what the voters should have done, not plaster my life on the Internet.

You clearly aren't informed of the issue.

The issue, such as people complain of, is that facebook was supposed to notify the user if their data was accessed by a 3rd party. The facebook rules were easy to exploit though, and an account claiming to be a poli-sci data study was allowed access to user data. They then violated the facebook rules and sold the data to Cambridge Anly. Facebook found out about the breach and sent a cease and desist letter, but did little else, and didn't warn the user.

Regardless, the harm would have been the "oh no, they steered a politically motivated add on my facebook page." As a light facebook user (like, once a month check to see if i missed someone's birthday), it's hard to get worked up over.

But still, facebook is the looser here, because that part of 3rd party shared content should be disclosed to the user when a breach, which be definition of the user agreement, and was outside of the terms of said agreement.

So just tell the user. Facebook sucks.

Like I said, it’s just not something I can get worked up over.

It seems like the wrongdoing was by Facebook. Hopefully it teaches people a lesson about privacy.

Personally, I think it’s an excuse for Dems to bitch. Far more important information is stolen from credit card companies a few times a year and nobody even blinks an eye.

Except, I don’t Facebook.

Oh so you don't really have an excuse for being owned by another man. Gotcha.

So I’m actually a shining example of what the voters should have done, not plaster my life on the Internet.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Yeah, voters should have blindly dedicated themselves to the publicity of a walking cartoon who's turned the Presidency into a Leslie Neilsen-esque spoof of House of Cards.

Oh wait a bunch of them did and here we are. And the main reason was they were dumb enough to believe complete bullshit.

Hey bob, who killed Seth Rich again?

<{Heymansnicker}>

Oh so you don't really have an excuse for being owned by another man. Gotcha.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Yeah, voters should have blindly dedicated themselves to the publicity of a walking cartoon who's turned the Presidency into a Leslie Neilsen-esque spoof of House of Cards.

Oh wait a bunch of them did and here we are. And the main reason was they were dumb enough to believe complete bullshit.

Hey bob, who killed Seth Rich again?

<{Heymansnicker}>

.3/10

29694820_10156401402233000_8296408173279969280_o.jpg

Awww man. The critic who thought Grown Ups 2 deserved an Oscar didn't like my movie. How will I ever recover from such a severe compliment?

<{MingNope}>

You’re headed into negative territory now.

Grown ups 2?

The Oscars???

We’re on an mma forum, at least make a Cecil Peoples joke FFS...

All I'm saying is, the narrative people were pushing was how this was illegal, now it's down to improper, next will be investigation, and I expect it will face into obscurity after that. Weve seen this happen with everything else... its tiring

this is not going away anytime soon

Cambridge Analytica is currently under
investigation in multiple countries and
what they discover won't be pretty

You’re headed into negative territory now.

Grown ups 2?

The Oscars???

We’re on an mma forum, at least make a Cecil Peoples joke FFS...

I was trying to go with a movie you're dumb enough to own on DVD. And thanks for the great advice on jokes but it's not 10 years ago.

Yeah you seem like the type to own a copy of Grown Ups 2: The Book. I bet you keep in on your nightstand right next to the dictionary, don't you?

I mostly read technical manuals and things related to electrical engineering.

Never really been a fiction type, books or movies. Playing pretend bores me.

I mostly read technical manuals and things related to electrical engineering.

Never really been a fiction type, books or movies.

Read a fucking book some time! I've heard that's what people desperate to sound smart often say.

Playing pretend bores me.

Easy bob, remember, you're supposed to be pretending you're not a troll.

Read a fucking book some time! I've heard that's what people desperate to sound smart often say.

Easy bob, remember, you're supposed to be pretending you're not a troll.

Yes, and people who are actually smart read technical manuals.

I’m a but a humble shitposter, not a troll. There’s a fine difference.

You’re a previously banned poster (by your join date it looks like you took the election pretty hard) who mistakes hurling insults for making a good argument.

Take care.

Yes, and people who are actually smart read technical manuals.

That can't be true. You just told me you read technical manuals.

I’m a but a humble shitposter, not a troll. There’s a fine difference.

"Playing pretend bores me." - a man who's been playing pretend to help make another man look good for a year. Yeah seems way legit.

But hey, you're shitty at trolling, you post, and you've been humbled. I'll give you a D+.

You’re a previously banned poster

You're you. I win.

(by your join date it looks like you took the election pretty hard) who mistakes hurling insults for making a good argument.

I can't help you feeling insulted by reality and a factual account of things. That's on you. Read more technical manuals until you find the one titled "How NOT to Comically Swing from Another Man's Nuts".

Take care.

I do but reading what you post can be dangerous, I've almost spit out many a drink.

Last edited:
That can't be true. You just told me you read technical manuals.

"Playing pretend bores me." - a man who's been playing pretend to help make another man look good for a year. Yeah seems way legit.

But hey, you're shitty at trolling, you post, and you've been humbled. I'll give you a D+.

You're you. I win.

I can't help you feeling insulted by reality and a factual account of things. That's on you. Read more technical manuals until you come find the one titled "How NOT to Comically Swing from Another Man's Nuts".

I do but reading what you post can be dangerous, I've almost spit out many a drink.

1.5/10

You bore me...

Back