Cambridge Analytica, Psychometrics, Russia, and the Trump Campaign

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's recently come to light that Russia purchased ads on Facebook targeted to influence the 2016 US Presidential election, specifically to amplify political divisions. Just today it is breaking that Russia posted targeted advertisements about BLM to communities in Ferguson and Baltimore. They also posted Ads boosting Bernie, and later, Jill Stein.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/26/media/facebook-russia-ads/index.html?iid=EL

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/27/media/facebook-black-lives-matter-targeting/index.html

Cambridge Analytica is a data firm used by the Trump campaign which uses Psychometrics to analyze peoples' personalities, and then predict their behavior and what influences them. Using that information they create targeted ads to influence voters. This attached article is a terrific piece on Psychometrics. It's a bit long, but well worth the read.

https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/the-data-that-turned-the-world-upside-down/

I think we will start to see some reporting on the links between Russia and CA. I feel like it is unlikely to be purely coincidence that these similarities in targeting voters exists in a vacuum from the confluence of other events surrounding the election, Russia, and the Trump campaign.

#MAGA
#NothingBurger
#NotAllCabineMembers
#MAGA
#RealAmerica
#NoKneel
#MAGA
#BothSides
#RobertKraft
#Witchhunt
#INeverKnewTheGuy
#I'mBeingAudited
#NoBusinessinRussia
#RocketMan
#TaxCuts
#MAGA
#Ivanka
#RussianAdoption
#Hilary
#LockHerUp
#Benghazi
#LongformBirthCertificate
#Deals
#MAGA

I've been anti-Hillary Clinton since 1991. Stick that in your bong and smoke it hippy.

It's recently come to light that Russia purchased ads on Facebook targeted to influence the 2016 US Presidential election, specifically to amplify political divisions. Just today it is breaking that Russia posted targeted advertisements about BLM to communities in Ferguson and Baltimore. They also posted Ads boosting Bernie, and later, Jill Stein.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/26/media/facebook-russia-ads/index.html?iid=EL

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/27/media/facebook-black-lives-matter-targeting/index.html

Cambridge Analytica is a data firm used by the Trump campaign which uses Psychometrics to analyze peoples' personalities, and then predict their behavior and what influences them. Using that information they create targeted ads to influence voters. This attached article is a terrific piece on Psychometrics. It's a bit long, but well worth the read.

https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/the-data-that-turned-the-world-upside-down/

I think we will start to see some reporting on the links between Russia and CA. I feel like it is unlikely to be purely coincidence that these similarities in targeting voters exists in a vacuum from the confluence of other events surrounding the election, Russia, and the Trump campaign.

Ads target the personalities of their intended buyers? You don't say... This is evidence of Trump Russia collusion? Lmfao

Trump is his own psychometric profiling machine. Probably all those years in business and on TV helped determine the temperature in the room. A granular explanation to try and associate something obvious is funny. Is it suggesting that Trump picked his attacked points based on this psychometric testing? A guy with that kind of temperament? Mr foot in mouth .... no way

This isn't a "Trump" team thing.

Anyone on facebook ever notice sometimes you get friend suggestions and see someone you know some how but you have 0 mutual friends? I came across a older co worker who we exchanged gmail a few times and he created a fb account awhile ago.

Also ad's on your web browsing habits along with geo ad's

hahaha, that's genius. I've always supported BLM in the sense that Africans rioting is actually a good thing for the right.

Ads target the personalities of their intended buyers? You don't say... This is evidence of Trump Russia collusion? Lmfao

sounds like run-of-the-mill advertising yes?

until you realize that cambridge analytica has been giving all kinds of information to the kremlin. now russian intelligence knows everything about you: where you live, your ip address and they even have a comprehensive psych profile based on your facebook likes.

buying advertising space or even shit posting by whoever, maybe informative, but nothing in terms of "burgers" I guess. Did these advertising spaces hack election machines?

until you realize that cambridge analytica has been giving all kinds of information to the kremlin. now russian intelligence knows everything about you: where you live, your ip address and they even have a comprehensive psych profile based on your facebook likes.

facebook volunteered your information without even being asked. I don't like any of it, but still not really anything in terms of smug gotchas or anything. None of my facebook info is close to correct, though I bet admitting it here I am in danger of @Madmick selling that tidbit to the highest bidder.

Lol. This information is not hard to get.
Oh no! Russia is as informed as the average advertising agency! Horror!

That said, I do think that Google, Facebook, big data, the Internet of Things, and the general nature and tactics of digital advertising needs to be given a long, hard looking at.

facebook volunteered your information without even being asked. I don't like any of it, but still not really anything in terms of smug gotchas or anything. None of my facebook info is close to correct, though I bet admitting it here I am in danger of @Madmick selling that tidbit to the highest bidder.
After they denied that anything happened.

buying advertising space or even shit posting by whoever, maybe informative, but nothing in terms of "burgers" I guess. Did these advertising spaces hack election machines?
The picture puzzle is only missing like two pieces but you're the only kid in the room going, "I can't tell what the picture is!"
*everyone else*
"It's a bear!"

"...I don't see a bear, where is there a bear? That, with the paws and teeth? That's not a bear. That could be anything..."

Lol. This information is not hard to get.
Oh no! Russia is as informed as the average advertising agency! Horror!

That said, I do think that Google, Facebook, big data, the Internet of Things, and the general nature and tactics of digital advertising needs to be given a long, hard looking at.

it goes deeper than that. cambridge analytica uses facebook data to influence voter behavior with microtargeting. or at least that is their claim. they've basically created a propaganda machine and handed the keys over to the Russians.

it's been shady from the start. the technology was created by Michal Kosinski at cambridge, and was never intended for political use. a Russian company showed interest in his work and when he refused to cooperate they just decided to steal his research and cambridge analytica was born.

also, who knows maybe the Russians have even put in some of the info they obtained from hacking state voter roll databases.

Last edited:
Will it get me high?

You ever colluded

...on weed?
stewart-smokin-n-jokin.jpg

This thread is pathetic.
You refusing to discuss the issue is the pathetic part

Trump won get over it ......now that we have that out if the way let's move forward

I know you didn't read the attached links, but the one about CA and psychometrics is really interesting. You should have someone you trust, who is actually intelligent enough to understand it, explain it to you.

Hint: None of this is standard advertising, and you have no idea what you're talking about again.

Back