Calvin Kattar

yeah, but i dont think he was outmatched in the pocket. The only thing i didn 't like was when he'd stay against the cage covered up for a bit too long when burgos went to the body.

what impressed me the most was his ability to control the range against probably the biggest FW in the division. Burgos is 5'11 with a 75 inch reach and thick too.That's a Welterweight frame.

I'd like to see Kattar vs Zombie if Zombie is healthy.
Yeah, it's not that he was losing the mini brawls, his cleaner work was winning most exchanges, it's more that Burgos was throwing big power and while watching I was starting to get the feeling something big was gonna land and change the fight.

Will be interesting to see how he does against a good grinding wrestler type fighter.

Yeah, it's not that he was losing the mini brawls, his cleaner work was winning most exchanges, it's more that Burgos was throwing big power and while watching I was starting to get the feeling something big was gonna land and change the fight.

Will be interesting to see how he does against a good grinding wrestler type fighter.

His base is wrestling. He was the Captain of his highschool wrestling team then started MMA like a year later I think. He lives like 30 minutes away from me, so I've seen more of his fights than a lot of people and I've never seen him struggle in grappling exchanges, but he doesn't look very active on the ground either. That said, the grappling in the UFC is on a different level, so I agree that it will be interesting to see how he does against a good wrestler type, but there's not many of those left at FW--lentz left FW, Mendes is gone, Edgar is fighting Max and on his way out of the sport. There's really only Elkins and I suppose Bektic.

Edit*

Lamas fits the bill too. That would be the perfect test.

His base is wrestling. He was the Captain of his highschool wrestling team then started MMA like a year later I think. He lives like 30 minutes away from me, so I've seen more of his fights than a lot of people and I've never seen him struggle in grappling exchanges, but he doesn't look very active on the ground either. That said, the grappling in the UFC is on a different level, so I agree that it will be interesting to see how he does against a good wrestler type, but there's not many of those left at FW--lentz left FW, Mendes is gone, Edgar is fighting Max and on his way out of the sport. There's really only Elkins and I suppose Bektic.

Edit*

Lamas fits the bill too. That would be the perfect test.
I'd like to see Bermudez next, a win over him would propel him up the rankings and get him a top 10 fight.

Anyone else getting behind this guy? He seems like a really cool guy, his fighting style makes him look as though he is barely trying but then he gets the knockout.

I know he is only 2 fights into his ufc Career, both times ive watched him i thought he was going to get beat. But yet he has pulled it off both times.

I don't know if he has the skills to challenge Holloway but i like watching him fight, he is definately one of my favourite fighters right now.

I hope he progresses up the rankings, i'd like to see how far he can go.
I been behind him since his UFC debut. Debuting in the UFC against someone like fili isn't easy, not only that, it was on short noticed and he still dominated fili. Nearly koed him. Was a bit weird they had burgos and kattar fighting each other because both of them r real 145 prospects to watch out for.

practically none of the media are even talking about him too. it's a shame because i think most people switched to rory vs. lima while kattar vs. burgos started, but kattar put on the best performance of the night. I hope he starts getting more attention.

Cmon Rory had 1 leg for half the fight and managed to get the W over Lima. That’s as impressive as it gets.

Cmon Rory had 1 leg for half the fight and managed to get the W over Lima. That’s as impressive as it gets.

Oh, definitely. I just enjoyed the kattar Burgos fight more. In terms of impressive, what stipe and DC did takes the cake.

I just thought that kattar and Burgos had the best fight and that it should have been kattar's coming out party, but I don't think that's been the case. There's literally only been like four threads on the guy, and I think I started the majority of them lol.

I just think both him and Burgos Are real talents and deserve more attention. I watch a lot of MMA media and pretty much everyone just glossed over that fight because they switched to bellator.

So, I'll continue to try to draw attention to him, don't mind me.

I'd like to see Bermudez next, a win over him would propel him up the rankings and get him a top 10 fight.

Bermudez is about to fight fili, who kattar already beat.

If Bermudez wins, then I'd be okay with that match up. I'd rather see kattar vs. lamas though.

There's no need to build him up slowly-- He's 18-2, and almost 30 years old. He's been at this for a decade already.

Good to see "The Boston Finisher" getting his first finish since...let's just say it's been a while.

im backing him because shane is one tough sob. looking forward to both of them

Bermudez is about to fight fili, who kattar already beat.

If Bermudez wins, then I'd be okay with that match up. I'd rather see kattar vs. lamas though.

There's no need to build him up slowly-- He's 18-2, and almost 30 years old. He's been at this for a decade already.
If he beat Lamas it would put him in line for a number 1 contender fight, as you say he's not a young fighter so might as well throw him to the wolves and see how good he really is.

Burgos definately looked dangerous, but he looked to be working twice as hard as Kattar was, but getting nowhere.

I like how easy Kattar makes it look. He seems like a good guy aswell.
Burgos I think relies on his athleticism and toughness to overcome technical gaps. Kattar was able to exploit that really well, and force Burgos into a striking battle he couldn't win, it was very impressive.

Oh, definitely. I just enjoyed the kattar Burgos fight more. In terms of impressive, what stipe and DC did takes the cake.

I just thought that kattar and Burgos had the best fight and that it should have been kattar's coming out party, but I don't think that's been the case. There's literally only been like four threads on the guy, and I think I started the majority of them lol.

I just think both him and Burgos Are real talents and deserve more attention. I watch a lot of MMA media and pretty much everyone just glossed over that fight because they switched to bellator.

So, I'll continue to try to draw attention to him, don't mind me.

That’s cool and I get that. They both had an awesome fight and I actually think both him and Burgos are also quite talented. Burgos is a tough fucker, he wasn’t even fully out when the fight got stopped and he took some BOMBS.

Hopefully both get good matchups and are on the televised portion of the PPV’s or at least a decent spot on the prelims.

I don't know if he can grapple, but if he can this dude is top 5 material for sure.

He showed everything you could want from a fighter against Burgos. Technique, power, grit; everything.

Back