Call it now - has conor "jumped the shark"?

In all fairness Conor is looking way older than 30

In the face he is about 40 at this point. I think we will see a slower Conor.

DBE09A84-150F-4B16-AD19-693477252FD6-16169-000003A9726E6A85.jpeg
Nah, he's looking rough maybe, but 30 is jack shit, it's just a number bigger than 29.

What a ground breaking thread by TS

Truly original content

Can't wait for the next one

Wow

His sparring looked pretty shit too.

He looks stuck like this against Khabib and he'll be ragdolled.

Also we know nothing about this, it could've been his third fresh opponent.
The truth of the matter is we know what Conor can do, we know what Khabib can do, they're both in their prime and it'll be a fucking hell of a fight.
People denigrating either fighter are fucking idiots which this place isn't short of, I sway towards Conor but that's just me.

Jones is a cheating cunt, and because he's a cheating cunt his win against cormier is void, that's what happens to cheating cunts, they get treated like cheating cunts.

even if you throw how the ko win..his decision win over dc still stands...

This thread is about conors starpower and profitability as well as his athleticism. Losing to floyd via ko hurt his status and marketability.

You can say it isnt an issue but those memes are still on his twitter or instagram everytime he posts..

How the hell did that hurt his status or marketability? There is absolutely no reason to think that. It probably helped if anything. It helped make him mainstream famous, not just mma famous.

Well no, because he's a cheating cunt, multiple times.
The boy is a disgrace, if he washes the dishes I'd swear his mum did them instead, he's a disgrace.

but he never failed any tests for the first fight...when he comes back, we'll see how he does...I suspect he'll fight exactly like he did before..probably better with the time off...but who knows...

How the hell did that hurt his status or marketability? There is absolutely no reason to think that. It probably helped if anything. It helped make him mainstream famous, not just mma famous.

going 10 rounds with floyd absolutely helped his status...he wasn't expected to win anyways...I've always been a fan of his, but i know 100% that he couldn't and wouldn't beat floyd...not a chance in hell...floyd has 49 fights under his belt..not to mention how many titles he's won...and he's beated some really good fighters...the list of champions he's beaten is mind boggling.

but he never failed any tests for the first fight...when he comes back, we'll see how he does...I suspect he'll fight exactly like he did before..probably better with the time off...but who knows...
Wasn't it pre usada though?

fonzie-jumps-the-shark-gif-1.gif

By the happy days reference i mean, Are conors best days behind him. If he loses to khabib he will have lost to 3 of the last 4 guys hes faced, on the wrong side of 30, and in a division full of his stylistic kryptonite imo. Im calling it now before the fight, conor will lose to khabib and never regain the star power hes had regardless of what he does after.
"Jumping the shark" means there is nothing left to do, and settling for an absurd script just to fill up an obligation to air an episode. It also implies that everyone's heart is no longer in it, and they're just going through the motions.

Jumping the Shark has nothing-NOTHING-to do with Conor-Khabib.

"Jumping the shark" means there is nothing left to do, and settling for an absurd script just to fill up an obligation to air an episode. It also implies that everyone's heart is no longer in it, and they're just going through the motions.

Jumping the Shark has nothing-NOTHING-to do with Conor-Khabib.
Actually I think it works,

Conor is setting up for an absurd script of feeding himself to a Russian bear when he already has 100 million dollars and in his heart he is no longer a real fighter<DCWhoa>

I actually think his best days are ahead of him. His performance against Eddie was arguably the finest of his career (especially considering it was a title fight.) I see him taking out Khabib and (if he beats Pettis) Ferguson pretty easily, too. I think he'll win the rubber match against Nate as well, and eventually claim the Welterweight Championship.

tumblr_nixapdSjIN1renuivo1_500.gif

He wasn't ko'd...he wasn't even knocked down...he lost cause he gassed...I don't remember him even being hurt...

He was hurt, and hurt bad, here is a friendly reminder for you and all the other little McNuthuggers who are still in denial about the beating and brain damage he received from Floyd.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

bzojdyzyyeug5zuzg.jpg

xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

I'm confused...he's only lost 1x in mma...while in the ufc...where are you getting 3 people? he's undefeated in the ufc under 170lbs...if he plays tiger woods in golf, are you going to hold that loss against him also? haha...only the worst of the hater brigade would count the fight against floyd...that is just plain silly...fighting one of the best boxers ever, on 3 months notice and making your pro debut...hahahaaha. You haters are something special...I bet you loved riding that short bus to school every day...haha conor lost only once to nate at 170lbs...then came back and whooped his ass...those are the opinions....

Fixed it for you.

3 months notice... he could've had 10 years notice, it wouldn't have mattered

Came back and whooped Nate's ass... a majority decision is whooping someone's ass?

Actually I think it works,

Conor is setting up for an absurd script of feeding himself to a Russian bear when he already has 100 million dollars and in his heart he is no longer a real fighter<DCWhoa>
That doesn't make any sense.

Skill wise, idk...he has been out two years.
But, I think he has jumped the shark with WME/UFC.
I don't think they are willing to keep shelling out cash to pay for him anymore....with his outrageous pay, lawsuits, and refusal to do promotion/media, I think he is becoming more expensive/trouble than he is worth fighting once in a few years. Rather than to continue to pay peanuts to more capable and willing fighters who will fight consistently.

I think this fight in particular is the higher ups testing the waters with him, putting him up against a fighter he has the possibility of losing bad too and not pushing the media to test his numbers.

Just my opinion.
How is that jumping the shark?

Fixed it for you.

3 months notice... he could've had 10 years notice, it wouldn't have mattered

Came back and whooped Nate's ass... a majority decision is whooping someone's ass?

badly scored fight...I've mentioned this tons of times on here...the round conor scored 2 knockdowns should have been a 10-8 round..and would be if scored now..it should have been then as well...I thought conor beat nate convincingly, and wasn't all that close..competitive, but not all that close..and I agree, no matter how long conor had to train, he'd never beat floyd...floyd has been doing it for far too long..and conor is more suited for mma..

He was hurt, and hurt bad, here is a friendly reminder for you and all the other little McNuthuggers who are still in denial about the beating and brain damage he received from Floyd.

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

bzojdyzyyeug5zuzg.jpg

xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

I've seen that fight 3x and I just didn't see conor hurt. I saw him get extremely tired..and you don't get brain damage from one fight...brain damage occurs over many fights and many years of wars...not from 2 rounds of taking punches, and not even going down once.

Wrong..dc did not WIN. the LH title..he was given it...that's the difference...conor beat 2 world champions...dc didn't...dc is a great fighter, but no matter how you slice it, jones knocked his ass out...

For the same reason hw can't fight at ww, Jones once again cheated. It's called rules. Real men play by them

Last edited:
Back