Call it now - has conor "jumped the shark"?

The way he lost was kind of an issue. He got finished by a much smaller guy who NEVER finishes people.

It's an issue until you check Mayweather's wikipedia page.

Nope never heard of him. Sounds like a nobody.
Xnpx8kl.jpg
Coke-heads and cheats need not apply.....see yourself out.

If you're wrong, what happens? What's in it for the people reading this? Why share a thought that you think Conor might lose and therefore may not be as popular as when he won?
Do you mean he won't ever sell as many PPVs? What do you mean he won't regain star power? Aside from posting you think Khabib will win, you haven't really said anything.

He was a former champion at Featherweight and Lightweight. What do you mean fad? You write words with zero explanation.
Did i ever say i have to be right? Go to a news site, not a discussion board if you look to avoid discussion.

Even if he loses he still has the Nate trilogy that will do huge numbers.

If McG loses to Khabob and Nate loses to Dustin all the luster will be off that trilogy bout. (And I would say it's a virtual certainty that long-layoff Nate loses to red-hot Poirier.)

I predict we never see Conor in the octagon again, win or lose. This will be his last fight for the promotion. Ever.

Wrong side of 30...?
He is 30 ..
He's not exactly in a fucking wheel chair yet... Jesus.
<HisEye>

Did i ever say i have to be right? Go to a news site, not a discussion board if you look to avoid discussion.

This isn't discussion though. You're not really bringing up points. You just said "I think Conor will lose and he will become less popular". In what way? Do you mean this will be his last big PPV? His last fight? Do sponsors drop him? Does McGregor/Diaz III do less than a million buys?

Just explain what you mean.

If McG loses to Khabob and Nate loses to Dustin all the luster will be off that trilogy bout. (And I would say it's a virtual certainty that long-layoff Nate loses to red-hot Poirier.)

I predict we never see Conor in the octagon again, win or lose. This will be his last fight for the promotion. Ever.

See. This guy. He's making a solid prediction. Not some vague bullshit. Own your prediction, man. What do you mean by jumped the shark? Less popular? Fad?

Last edited:
In MMA this term should be known as 'Thrown the dolly' henceforth

I actually think his best days are ahead of him. His performance against Eddie was arguably the finest of his career (especially considering it was a title fight.) I see him taking out Khabib and (if he beats Pettis) Ferguson pretty easily, too. I think he'll win the rubber match against Nate as well, and eventually claim the Welterweight Championship.

This isn't discussion though. You're not really bringing up points. You just said "I think Conor will lose and he will become less popular". In what way? Do you mean this will be his last big PPV? His last fight? Do sponsors drop him? Does McGregor/Diaz III do less than a million buys?

Just explain what you mean.

See. This guy. He's making a solid prediction. Not some vague bullshit. Own your prediction, man. What do you mean by jumped the shark? Less popular? Fad?
Well i did make a prediction, that being conor loses and becomes less popular, in the general ways you described. That alone is a big prediction since he is only 30 and is the ufcs biggest star. Many fans around here cant see the forest from the trees because they live in the mma bubble

Well i did make a prediction, that being conor loses and becomes less popular, in the general ways you described. That alone is a big prediction since he is only 30 and is the ufcs biggest star. Many fans around here cant see the forest from the trees because they live in the mma bubble

You could have just clicked Khabib on the versus poll and saved yourself a thread.

X fighter will lose, and fans will like them less. Huge.

fonzie-jumps-the-shark-gif-1.gif

By the happy days reference i mean, Are conors best days behind him. If he loses to khabib he will have lost to 3 of the last 4 guys hes faced, on the wrong side of 30, and in a division full of his stylistic kryptonite imo. Im calling it now before the fight, conor will lose to khabib and never regain the star power hes had regardless of what he does after.

I'm confused...he's only lost 1x in mma...while in the ufc...where are you getting 3 people? he's undefeated in the ufc under 170lbs...if he plays tiger woods in golf, are you going to hold that loss against him also? haha...only the worst of the hater brigade would count the fight against floyd...that is just plain silly...fighting one of the best boxers ever, on 3 months notice and making your pro debut...hahahaaha. You haters are something special...I bet you loved riding that short bus to school every day...haha conor lost only once to nate at 170lbs...then came back and whooped his ass...those are the facts....

This thread is about conors starpower and profitability as well as his athleticism. Losing to floyd via ko hurt his status and marketability.

You can say it isnt an issue but those memes are still on his twitter or instagram everytime he posts..

He wasn't ko'd...he wasn't even knocked down...he lost cause he gassed...I don't remember him even being hurt...

I don't think you get the term "jumping the shark".

Anyways, If Conor beats Khabib, he will be 10-1 in the UFC, still only double champ ever, only having a single loss in a weightclass that doesn't actually exists, and against Floyd Mayweather in boxing.

what do you mean a weight class that doesn't exist? they fought at WW...end of story...just cause he didn't make the weight, doesn't make it another weight class...cause while conor may weigh 175 in walk around weight, when your training for a fight, it was obvious he couldn't even make it to 170...going against a guy who had to cut weight to make it to 171 against Rory...

I'm confused...he's only lost 1x in mma...while in the ufc...where are you getting 3 people? he's undefeated in the ufc under 170lbs...if he plays tiger woods in golf, are you going to hold that loss against him also? haha...only the worst of the hater brigade would count the fight against floyd...that is just plain silly...fighting one of the best boxers ever, on 3 months notice and making your pro debut...hahahaaha. You haters are something special...I bet you loved riding that short bus to school every day...haha conor lost only once to nate at 170lbs...then came back and whooped his ass...those are the facts....
I know youre confused, only a retard would emulate your syntax. I said if he loses to khabib, he will have lost to 3 of the last 4 guys hes faced. Meaning not exclusive to MMA moron, how does a nut-hugging dick rider like you forget about the Floyd fight? I bet you were one of those morons telling us how great Conor is for getting knocked the fuck out by a point fighter, LMFAO. Now he pretends like it didnt even happen

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

akkf9sc7ys1p2clzg.jpg

Ummmm...Cormier? Ever heard of him?

Wrong..dc did not WIN. the LH title..he was given it...that's the difference...conor beat 2 world champions...dc didn't...dc is a great fighter, but no matter how you slice it, jones knocked his ass out...

I see Conor winning this fight. I know its a steep test to stop the takedown but that's my prediction. Obviously Woodley would be an even steeper test.

His whole career was a setup to fight Floyd. Once that happened he didnt care anymore. He's taking this fight to settle some debts. Thats my take on the matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back