California's illegal immigrant population count in the electoral college and # of congressman? Wut?

Should the electoral college factor in illegals from the census?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"the fundamental principal of American representative democracy that every voter has an equal voice."

How does that reconcile with the electoral college?

I recall a Californian vote counts under half that of some other states.

You vote in your state where all the votes are worth the same. I struggled with this prior to the election. Even made a thread on it. I learned a lot from it

Like I said in the other thread. Imagine if there was a sudden massive influx of illegal Russian immigrants in California. Oh, how the left would be scrambling to make immediate changes.

Russian immigrants are going to vote Republican?

Poll added and stuff

Counting all residents in the country for the Census, and from that, figuring representation in the U.S. House of Representatives, is in the Constitution.

The current system gives "illegal immigrants" a 10 vote advantage in the Electoral College for the Democrats...because they tend to live in safe Democratic states.

An election for President based on the nationwide popular vote would eliminate the Democrat’s advantage in Electoral College members arising from the uneven distribution of non-citizens.

The National Popular Vote bill is 61% of the way to guaranteeing the majority of Electoral College votes and the presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes in the country, by changing state winner-take-all laws (not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution, but later enacted by 48 states), without changing anything in the Constitution, using the built-in method that the Constitution provides for states to make changes.

All voters would be valued equally in presidential elections, no matter where they live.

Back