Californias economy is on pace to outgrow the rest of the country

FWIW, the World Almanac and Farmer's Almanac used to list either San Diego or Tijuana as having the world's best/ideal climate...

which is legit, but I always thought like say The Canary Islands or Cape Verde would fit that better

Never been to the Canary Islands ...

I bet it's hot up in 29Palms right now though ... are you still working up there? I was up in Joshua Tree about 6 months ago helping out my uncle - it was actually pretty fuckin cold!

Totally agree, but all of California's problems would be solved if we didn't have to pay so many federal taxes to keep red states afloat.

Interesting. So, are you against redistribution of wealth to those in need as a general principle, or is this a special case for some reason? If so, how so? Frankly, it seems an odd sentiment for a Californian on average, since the state has tended to adopt rather admirable ideas of wealth redistribution with fairly notable enthusiasm.

Interesting. So, are you against redistribution of wealth to those in need as a general principle, or is this a special case for some reason? If so, how so? Frankly, it seems an odd sentiment for a Californian on average, since the state has tended to adopt rather admirable ideas of wealth redistribution with fairly notable enthusiasm.
When the state you are helping has a 200 year history of actively resisting self sufficiency and constantly votes against their bests interests, I don't think keeping them afloat is humane. It's best to let them fail and build from the ashes something better. The truth is though, CALI doesn't like the rest of the states, and they don't like us, so why don't we go our separate ways? The truth is, the red states don't want that, because deep down they know we are the engine of America and know that without us they have nothing.

LOL

This is one of the most idiotic post I've ever read.

You know how I know you've never been to a poor 3rd world country? You think that rich Californians are worse off.
You know how I know you've never been to California? You think that poor third world citizens are better off.

Also, it's the shit red states that are dangerous, not California.
ZHF5tGH.gif

The-Safest-State-Ranking.png

Did you study the maps at all? The pattern is not nearly as strong as you think. If someone from the right said red states were safer I would tell them some are and some are not. You just said blue states are safer and I will tell you some are and some are not.

Washington is a Blue state, Idaho is a Red state, Oregon is a Blue state, Maine is a red state.

If being blue makes you safer what is going on with Washington and Oregon?

There are good people and the Left and Right, there is scum on the Left and Right, there are safe Blue states, there are safe Red states, there are dangerous Reds states, and Dangerous Blue states.

Did you study the maps at all? The pattern is not nearly as strong as you think. If someone from the right said red states were safer I would tell them some are and some are not. You just said blue states are safer and I will tell you some are and some are not.

Washington is a Blue state, Idaho is a Red state, Oregon is a Blue state, Maine is a red state.

If being blue makes you safer what is going on with Washington and Oregon?

There are good people and the Left and Right, there is scum on the Left and Right, there are safe Blue states, there are safe Red states, there are dangerous Reds states, and Dangerous Blue states.

It’s property crimes anyway. It’s not even a map for violent crimes

So cars, trucks, tractors, homes and Commercial buildings are safer in them blue states. Not necessarily people

When the state you are helping has a 200 year history of actively resisting self sufficiency and constantly votes against their bests interests, I don't think keeping them afloat is humane. It's best to let them fail and build from the ashes something better. The truth is though, CALI doesn't like the rest of the states, and they don't like us, so why don't we go our separate ways? The truth is, the red states don't want that, because deep down they know we are the engine of America and know that without us they have nothing.

So if CA was another country and could not directly sell their Silicon High Tech or Hollywood movies to the rest of the country how do u think CA would do? How long before the billionaires left CA if it left the US?

Yet they're still 1.3 trillion in debt, have 20% of the population living below poverty and have human feces on their sidewalks. Keep that "success" coming.
Don't you understand California is a stand-in for how we've been doing business as a country? We're pumping out all that wealth at the same time we're experiencing all of these problems.

So maybe evaluating everything through the lens of absolute wealth production isn't the healthiest perspective.

Again, at some point, I fear those who most staunchly defend and support Trump will realize they're voicing the same concerns as the Bernie people. I fear what "solutions" will come out of this base and their terrifying willingness to follow facts and figures of ignorance.

Welfare.png

Here is a public welfare map.

One thing you might be missing is how some numbers are sometimes applied. and will not be represented on this map.

States with a higher per capita of military and base cost can show a net inflow of funds. States with large amounts of federal land per capita will also show inflow because of those numbers. That is not the only factor of course.

Simple answers rarely add up when looking at some of the numbers because there are so many different items.

Hawaii is likely per capita to show more funds going in for the Navy then California because if its much smaller population even though California has a substantial Navy presence.

California is also in the upper tier for welfare.

It’s property crimes anyway. It’s not even a map for violent crimes

So cars, trucks, tractors, homes and Commercial buildings are safer in them blue states. Not necessarily people

There were plenty of Red states with the Blue states among the safest for violent crime. When we look at murder rates the safest is mix of both Blue and Red states.

Last edited:
LOL

This is one of the most idiotic post I've ever read.

You know how I know you've never been to a poor 3rd world country? You think that rich Californians are worse off.
You know how I know you've never been to California? You think that poor third world citizens are better off.

Also, it's the shit red states that are dangerous, not California.
ZHF5tGH.gif
Fucking Racist:

21fbea636cae7fd9cdb843494dce75b8--rac-population.jpg

Hmmmmm.... Putting these pictures side by side... There might be something there...

I wish Nj, Ny, Cali stopped paying for all those scumbags down south who ruin this country on a daily basis.

Use your boot straps you loser cans the sane parts of America are sick of you
Loling good at a bartender who thinks he's something special.

Don't you understand California is a stand-in for how we've been doing business as a country? We're pumping out all that wealth at the same time we're experiencing all of these problems.

So maybe evaluating everything through the lens of absolute wealth production isn't the healthiest perspective.

Again, at some point, I fear those who most staunchly defend and support Trump will realize they're voicing the same concerns as the Bernie people. I fear what "solutions" will come out of this base and their terrifying willingness to follow facts and figures of ignorance.
Not really. There might be a few similar concerns, namely having a "ruling class" of career politicians who are getting insanely rich by being career "public servants", but Bernie's people want higher taxes and more money going to the gov't whereas, at least for me, I don't care if Trump's an asshole cause he's lowering taxes and regulations and trying to have less of an impact on my every day life.

From your source:
"There are only two ways to reduce poverty and increase the standard of living:

• Increase household income
  • Lower the cost of living
Poverty can be alleviated by simply increasing income. Or it can be done by simply reducing the cost of living. Ideally, both things happen at once, and fortunately, that's usually how it works."

These are both strategies that conservatives actively oppose. Notice there's no mention of bootstraps there or that it's the fault of the poor they are poor. Note also,
"Many conservative sites have seized on the information to say "I told you so" and claim this shows that "blue-state" policies fail. One should be careful with this, of course, since there are plenty of red states in the top ten as well. Moreover, some blue states, like Massachusetts, are doing moderately well by this measure."

That doesn't mean California gets a pass on this issue, but it's not a red state/blue state matter. Further, if people are going to try to call out "libs" for failing to effectively address the poverty in California, I wonder where were their voices to call foul on Trump for massively increasing the deficit?

Last edited:
Yet they're still 1.3 trillion in debt, have 20% of the population living below poverty and have human feces on their sidewalks. Keep that "success" coming.
Yeah, people like to point out how much money California has while ignoring they are one of the worst states in the country in pretty much any other measurable social criteria.

An op-ed huh? ya know, opinion editorial?

Also show me in that article where it mentions 20% live in poverty and there is feces on the sidewalks.

YOU SIR are fake news

lol at people defending California like its their sister that someone called a whore.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix...ia-has-the-highest-poverty-rate-in-the-u.html

Arizona has a 17.5 percent poverty rate, according the SPM measure which adds in cost of living, housing and utility bills to income levels.

That is fifth highest in the U.S. behind only California (20.6 percent), Florida (19.0 percent), Louisiana and New York (both at 17.9 percent), according to the Census Bureau.

Interestingly CA has the population of NY, NJ, MA and CT combined. And those 4 states combined have a higher GDP than CA.

The Northeast is still the GOAT US moneymakers.

East Coast = Beast Coast

CA- 39.5M

NY- 19.9M
NJ- 9M
MA- 6.9M
CT- 3.6M
Tot- 39.4M

CA- $2.75T

NY- $1.55T
NJ - $0.59T
MA - $0.53T
CT - $0.26T