Law California Is Now Officially A Sanctuary State For All Illegal Immigrants

CdxYumXUMAEbm1s.jpg

If you one day finds out that the people who rents your apartment/house are breaking immigration laws, and the Social Security numbers that they provided on their paperwork were bogus/stolen, prepare to to pay $2000 in civil penalty to each law-breaker that you reports to the authorities.

If you're an employer who one day finds out that an employee working for your company is breaking immigration laws and decide to informs the authorities, the penalties for you are $2000 to $5000 for the first "violation", and $5000 to $10,000 for each subsequent "violation".
Yeah but good for California say liberals.

Californian tax payers don't pay for immigration enforcement. How do I know that? Let's just say my CA law enforcement agency lost a multi-million dollars contract with ICE to hold undocumented detainees. We could have use that money to upgrade our fleet and purchase new equipment.

unless the fed is paying your salary and covering 100% of the cost related to immigration activities throughout the state, then the state tax payer is paying for part of the immigration enforcement.

It is no longer a case of "California not lending state resources to the Feds".

California politicians are now trying to punish regular Californians for VOLUNTARILY cooperating with the Feds (namely private employers and landlords), with no "State resources" involved.

If the Federal Government is successful in turning off the taps, it's because of the California government fucked the California people, by playing stupid games.

Your link in the OP applies to the police. That's a state resource. Jails - state resources. Universities - state resources. There was a separate thread on business owners - employee information is confidential without proper legal releases. Landlords have restrictions on what they can ask as part of the process.

Every thing I've read on this subject requires that there must be the proper federal paperwork in place before the non-federal body undertakes an immigration related inquiry or release of information.

As I said in the other thread and I'm saying it again here - people don't realize just how much of the immigration enforcement process was being outsourced to the states. So when a state draws a brightline distinction between the state and federal responsibilities regarding immigration enforcement, that's not circumventing the Constitution. That's putting the responsibilities back where they belong. Now, it's all well and good when you're relying on the states to voluntarily detain or inquire into immigration status when they have no legal obligation to do so. It's another thing when you start telling the states that you're going to punish them and then act surprised when they respond negatively.

unless the fed is paying your salary and covering 100% of the cost related to immigration activities throughout the state, then the state tax payer is paying for part of the immigration enforcement.
do you work in law enforcement?

I arrest a suspect for [insert a california penal code crime here], book him to county jail for processing, we run federal check and that suspect is on ICE deportation list, ICE is notified, we hold the suspect in county jail wait for ICE to come get him. We charge ICE hourly for the detainees and if ICE doesn't want him then we cut the suspect lose (citation-in-lieu-of-detention depending on the severity of crime).
that's just a gist of it.

so what's exactly is the "cost" to city/county/state law enforcement....other than the community is minus one criminal?

Sounds like all the criminal illegals need to get to California now..

Welcome to them California.

If you one day finds out that the people who rents your apartment/house are breaking immigration laws, and the Social Security numbers that they provided on their paperwork were bogus/stolen, prepare to to pay $2000 in civil penalty to each law-breaker that you reports to the authorities.

If you're an employer who one day finds out that an employee working for your company is breaking immigration laws and decide to informs the authorities, the penalties for you are $2000 to $5000 for the first "violation", and $5000 to $10,000 for each subsequent "violation".
Unbelievable. California is a strange place. I'm completely speechless

Cut California off from the rest of the United States...let them drown in their own shithole.

Glad I dipped out of the People's Republic when I had the chance.

LOL @ "Democrats need the votes"

I'm pretty sure they have California locked up and, as we know, the popular vote doesn't mean shit with the electoral college.

I'm so shocked that conservative critics are so electorally daft.

Before you start calling others 'electorally daft' you might want to be a little more educated on the topic before making a fool of yourself.

The census takes into account illegal immigrants, whether they vote or not, which awards a larger amount of EC votes to the state. 2.3 million illegals in Cali = more EC votes for dems.

Before you start calling others 'electorally daft' you might want to be a little more educated on the topic before making a fool of yourself.

The census takes into account illegal immigrants, whether they vote or not, which awards a larger amount of EC votes to the state. 2.3 million illegals in Cali = more EC votes for dems.

So, just so that I'm clear, you think it's a reasonable thing to say that California state Democrats are affirmatively trying to acquire noncitizen residents so that California can eventually bolster their 55 electoral votes to 56 or 57, etc.?

I'm a big fan of all the legal immigrants who respected our country's rule of laws enough to file their immigration paperworks, followed the immigration process, and helped building this country after they settled in their new homeland.

The issue is that moderate stance on immigration has lost, it finally died when Dubya's immigration reform failed at that point there is going to be absolutely zero compromise coming from the Republican side at the federal level, so Dems are fighting back hoping for a compromise.

The issue is that moderate stance on immigration has lost, it finally died when Dubya's immigration reform failed at that point there is going to be absolutely zero compromise coming from the Republican side at the federal level, so Dems are fighting back hoping for a compromise.

What's the compromise?

Back