California is doing so well it has an extra 9 billion dollars

Wow. Are you pretending to be retarded and didn’t understand @Grenz response to you or are actually really retarded???

The guy has been making mistakes that no American adult would make (Silicone Valley? Pedofillia? Not to mention the factual stuff). He's either a foreign troll or a kid.

Alright, here's how it works:

Say you own a moderately successful company that makes cardboard boxes. In order to make cardboard boxes, you constantly have to buy materials to make more boxes. In order to buy those materials, you need cashflow.

Business is going well, problem is, you need more facilities to meet demand. You buy another building. You don't buy the new building with cash, you get a loan instead. You do this because you need cashflow to pay for an increased amount of materials to meet increased demand. As long as your monthly sales outweigh your monthly overhead (which includes debt) you make profit, i.e #winning#MAGA.

This just keeps going. You buy more factories, you buy more materials to make boxes, you make more money than it costs you to pay off your loans and suppliers, i.e. profit.

-----------

Surplus refers to budgets, and profits are part of the budget. If there's a surplus, it means you made more profit than you forecasted.

Edit: @Kframe answer to your question above
Now that is a good answer that did answer my question in a way I understood. Thank you.

You can not claim a surplus while in debt, it's mathematicaly impossible.

A surplus means excess, but what about your bills? You don't pay em?

Surplus means excess taxes over expenditures FOR A PERIOD of time, while debt is the accumulation of defecits and surpluses up to and at A POINT in time.

I have already explained how this can work. I have also explained that an entity can use surpluses to pay down debt or increase cash. The net impact on net debt is the same (debt less cash = net debt).

Example I start my year with 1.3mm debt, I save 300k, and I end up with 1.1mm debt and 100k cash.

1.3m opening debt less 0.3m savings/surplus = 1.0 closing net debt. 1.1 ending debt less 0.1mm cash = 1mm closing be debt. Easy math here.

This is has been explained like 3 times with links so the issue is either you are trolling of you simply lake the mental capacity/willingness to learn, SAD!!!!!

You are scared of reality?

You can't claim prosperity while in debt

There is another thread on this, until you can learn the difference between debt and defecit/surplus you need to stay at the kids table, never mind starting duplicative thread topics out of insecurity.

Don't care how well they doing or not doing. I still wouldn't want to live there because of who and how it's run.

Pennsylvania >>>>>>

You're welcome for the republic.

Liberalism

If you see a trend in history, you will see that the world has been getting more and more liberal...Conservatism always loses.

Liberalism attracts the smartest people to california....thus California benefited and became the poster boy of capitalism and the most succesful state in the USA....hell you can even claim its the most succesful country in the world if we judged it as a country

how you define liberal? the world is not getting more liberal depending how you define it. That is such a stupid thing to say. Maybe in USA it is but large parts of world are going opposite direction of the liberal far left movements in the West.

Sounds wrong

Seems the 450 billion is the officially acknowledged amount of total state and local debt by California. The 1,3 trillion is an estimate by some analysts, of the true amount owed by all of California's agencies.

I don't really have the time to confirm whether that's true or not, but that's where the number comes from, I guess.

I suppose it's all possible if the Pentagon was able to spend trillions of improperly accounted tax payer dollars.

Last edited:
The link in the OP says it's figure is from 2015. When searching for California's state and local debt the 2018 sources I find give me that it's just under $430 billion combined.

Even if it was $1.3 trillion it would still be less than 50% of the GDP. If that would be doing really bad, shouldn't the US be a complete and utter disaster as the national debt is actually larger than the GDP?

Pennsylvania >>>>>>

You're welcome for the republic.
I'm from Cali, born and raised... Cali is a great state, it has everything. Having said that, i was just in Pennsylvania and New York for 2 weeks and man, Pennsylvania is fucking wonderful. Great humble people, nice clean and green state. Idk after visiting Penn, Jersey and all over New York, I may need to check out moving out East.

Seems the 450 billion is the officially acknowledged amount of total state and local debt by California. The 1,3 trillion is an estimate by some analysts, of the true amount owed by all of California's agencies.

I don't really have the time to confirm whether that's true or not, but that's where the number comes from, I guess.

I suppose it's all possible if the Pentagon was able to spend trillions of improperly accounted tax payer dollars.

Yeah make sense but it did not come down that much, apples and borscht (as much Jewish friends like to say).

What a great state u can pass your HIV without telling people and illegals can go to college on your dime while your kids can’t do much

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2018/0615/California-sees-9-billion-surplus-passes-budget-to-help-poor

Imagine how much more money California would have if we didn't have to subsidize leech red states like Texas. I'm so tired of all the insolvent weak states talking shit about Cali. If it wasn't for us the South would still be living in ramshackle mud huts.

Hey, maybe you assholes can stop moving here then.

Signed Texas

Raise our housing cost, take our jobs and then vote for the same party who made California so expensive they had to move. Morons.

Back