California dam RIP

Has Trump actually said anything to this effect or are we extrapolating the comments of online trolls? There's no doubt that California is throwning a collective tantrum over the election and while you might punish a tantrum throwing child by putting them outside for five minutes, you definitely don't leave them out on their own overnight.
I don't think Trump has said anything but I just worked a double and I'm reading back through this thread to see if there's any news.

And the news seems to be that either the Republicans or Democrats are to blame for this mess.
<21>

eh, California is a bunch of sore losers but I'm not OK with belittling that disaster. Thats what makes the US great. We can think we hate each other but we're there for each other when it matters.

The state should build a Noah's Ark to help them out.

dont worry im going back back to cali cali and gonna fix this shit and probably do some street racing

Has Trump actually said anything to this effect or are we extrapolating the comments of online trolls? There's no doubt that California is throwning a collective tantrum over the election and while you might punish a tantrum throwing child by putting them outside for five minutes, you definitely don't leave them out on their own overnight.

He'd be foolish to ignore this. First of all the damn is owned 20% by the Army Corps of Engineers, which means the feds are on the hook for 20% of any issues. Next is he's already been contacted by the state Representative from the district whrre the dam is located- and he's a Republican. Not to mention I'm almost 100% certain Butte was a red County during the presidential election so he'd be alienating his supporters over a potentially massive catastrophe.

Time to be a big boy, President Trump. We know Jerry Brown is a piece of shit, and a criminal imo, but man up and take care of your country.

It's now been 3 days since Jerry Brown cried Uncle. No response from the White House yet.

IMO, he's probably letting foolish Brown sit on hot coal for a bit before swooping in like an Orange Knight in shiny armor. Can't really do shit if rain continues to pours down this month though, "the highest dam in America" is fucked.

Meanwhile, we have our inflatable ducky ready, hundreds of miles away in SoCal :cool:

Last edited:
Haha, loving the Sherbro logic being employed in this thread by the fasci...I mean Republicans.

Affected victims are mostly GOP supporters, BUT, they happen to live in a state with a majority of DNC supporters and therefore they shouldn't get federal assistance from a GOP president??? As others have stated, tribal politics are bad enough, but this is a whole new level of stupid. These people are members or your party, citizens of your country, but because Cali has no chance of turning red you don't want to help them?!

The top minds of the Sherdog WR strike again. What a bunch of morons.

I picture you wearing a swammy hat and holding an envelope up to your head as I read that prediction. You should change your name to "the amazing meta trans"
I don't completely disagree with you. Many parts of America have been cucked by progressive liberal policies that have essentially neutered the population that buys into them..... it's not just America suffering from this though. Many other 1st world countries are in the same submissive boat.

I have no idea what country you're in but you sound like you're making the same mistake that many others have in the past. You under estimate what Americans are capable of. You don't understand what made America.

<GinJuice>

You are thinking in to narrow a view if you think progressive liberalism is to blame for America's 12 decades of downward spiraling. And yes, I do know what made america great, historical and geographical luck. They did well to start fresh with the political and legal mechanisms that they adopted from the English and others, but their independence had more to do with England not having the power or will to control the continent by proxy's who opted to take it all for themselves. It wasn't about nobility it was about wealth and power. It could be argued that America would have been greater without independence. They sure as hell proved to as corrupt, (Tammany Hall anyone?). Besides how the fuck did America end up being so ass backwards all through the 30's, Good thing the war came along to set you back up again on your feet, that and the 10's of millions non-Americans that died for you while your industry was safe on the other side of the world. You guys came out with all the infrastructure and civil society intact. You guys sucked up all the spoils of war and were the only one's in a position to capitalize on the short comings of others. Throw in the Nuke, and you guys then started a campaign of domination, and propelled it upon a false narrative of the red scare. The war got you addicted to power and "spreading freedom" good job. As you can tell by the hatred much of the world directs your way, you may get the sense that we are not buying into your fairy tale of American exceptionalism. You would have had more credibility if you would have lead by example and let others have the freedom to determine their own fate within their borders. But it's not about freedom and democracy when you constantly interfere in others country's business, it's about money and power.

You will live long enough to see I am right.

Your people aren't "special" people are people all over the world. And right now your people are on their last gasp, they just don't know it yet. Your America suffers from the same arrogant shortsightedness that all other empires before it did. There is nothing that makes you different from this fate. They come and they go.

Fuck. I hope SAC is still above water on Friday so I can fly in. This winter has been wack so far

Ruh-roh...

California dam managers dismissed flood concern 12 years ago

Feb 13, 2017 4:24 PM
Environmental activists and local government officials warned more than a decade ago about the risk of catastrophic flooding below a major Northern California dam - the very scenario that threatened to unfold over the weekend, forcing the evacuation of nearly 200,000 people downstream.

State and federal regulators dismissed those fears at the time, saying they were confident the hillside that helps hold back billions of gallons of water was stable and did not need to be reinforced with concrete.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/235557332-story

Hope Trump sticks to his guns and withholds any money until Gov. Moonbeam caves and stops with the sanctuary nonsense.

I for one hope he does it.

<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>
BM7Hf6s.gif

Back