California dam RIP

Off topic, but are manned helicopters even necessary anymore?

failing dams couldnt save the world from californication

Yes. You could loiter around the target area for a fraction of the cost.

unless you are using military grade small UAVs - that average about 45 min of endurance, most drones only go about 20 -30 mins

Helicopters are still a better usage for things like this.

Unless you're talking about full sized reapers -- but, it would be cheaper to use a heli

guess this will delay CaliExit

unless you are using military grade small UAVs - that average about 45 min of endurance, most drones only go about 20 -30 mins

Unless you're talking about full sized reapers -- but, it would be cheaper to use a heli
Wow, i didn't realize they were that terrible. Yeah, I guess you would have to find some commercial/military grade drone when costs go down.

I was reading news reports on this , and a figure of $100-$200 million to plug the hole is being put forth . I am like WTF!! that much??

We have gotten soo used to massive defense spending that people now don't even question such outrageous billing for infrastructure repair.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-oroville-update-20170212-story.html

Somebody is ripping off the tax payer bigly.

Wow, i didn't realize they were that terrible. Yeah, I guess you would have to find some commercial/military grade drone when costs go down.

Vast majority of commercial drones (high end) have about 25 mins of endurance and 2 km of range. Military have access to better small surveillance drones but wouldnt be worth the cost to use them for things like this -- i am sure environment / government engineer branches would have access to them but still cheaper for to use a heli.

Adding to that, to use a reaper/predator you need a satellite datalink that only the gobernment has. A cellphone will not work.

Adding to that, to use a reaper/predator you need a satellite datalink that only the gobernment has. A cellphone will not work.

yeah i was thinking FEMA could request it -- or the a joint venture the USACE could request it -- but that would be a lot of tape to go through.

DIVINE RETRIBUTION

BUHAHAHAHAH

Back