California- Ameture MMA Elbows

AJay

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey so i just moved to California and I read on this website of an association called "CAMO" that you couldn't throw elbows to the face. Is this a California wide rule for ameture MMA?

Also is there any elbows you could possibly throw in the clinch eith these rules? Elbows to the collar bone or body elbows...... Probably not but I'd love to hear if there's any "loop holes" persay on elbowing not the face in competition.

Hey so i just moved to California and I read on this website of an association called "CAMO" that you couldn't throw elbows to the face. Is this a California wide rule for ameture MMA?

Also is there any elbows you could possibly throw in the clinch eith these rules? Elbows to the collar bone or body elbows...... Probably not but I'd love to hear if there's any "loop holes" persay on elbowing not the face in competition.
This is pretty standard. Even in ammy Muay Thai, you don't throw elbows until you get to the intermediate level (4+ fights), and in that elbows are padded.

For MMA, they don't really do that and allow elbows only at the pro levels.

Elbows used to be illegal (in amateur MT) here in CA but they changed the rules a few years back, if I'm remembering correctly.

For MT at least, you need to have 3 fights each for them to be allowed with pads or something like that.

If you are trying to avoid restrictive rules and regulations, you picked the worst state in the country.

<{danayeah}>

That sucks. Probably have a ton of guys who don't know what they are doing in the amateur circuit though...

California actually has a super active muay thai circuit I believe, including amateurs

Back