Caldwell Injured, Dantas vs Higo Now Set for Bellator 177 BW Title Fight

CC27

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/1...red-daniel-weichel-john-teixeira-bellator-177

Bellator has a new main event for its upcoming trip to Budapest, Hungary, on April 14.

Bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas, who was initially scheduled to defend his title against Darrion Caldwell, will now take on fellow Brazilian Leandro Higo after Caldwell suffered an undisclosed injury. Bellator officials confirmed the news to MMA Fighting.

Rising featherweight John Teixeira is also set to return to action at the Budapest Sports Arena, as he faces Daniel Weichel in the main card.

Dantas (19-4) re-captured the 135-pound belt in June 2016, defeating former teammate Marcos Galvao for the second time. “Dudu" went on to defend the gold six months later, avenging his only Bellator loss with a decision over Joe Warren.

Higo (17-2), one of the best bantamweight prospects out of Brazil, makes his promotional debut after winning eight straight, including winning and defending the RFA and LFA belts.

Teixeira (21-1-2), Dantas’ teammate at Nova Uniao, is unbeaten in almost five years. At 4-0 under the Bellator banner, “Macapa" faces the biggest challenge of his career in Weichel (38-9), a former Bellator tournament winner and title contender who brings a a three-fight winning streak to the cage.

God dam.

Higo is a solid replacement, but I really wanted to watch Caldwell fight dantas

Why not, higo is new face to a shallow division

Its def a good replacement. Tough first fight for Higo, coming in with some hype as a prospect. If he loses to champ right out of the gate you kind of killed his buzz right away. But thats the problem with a weak div, they literally have nobody else.

Both fights are good for this Hungary card. Bellator would have been better giving Higo a couple of fights, but the division is weak.

Nova uniao vs pitbull camp. Who do u guys have?

Sucks that Caldwell is out. But Higo is a great replacement.

Weichel having to take another fight while Pitbull and Straus fight for a forth time is brutal though.

With this being the first major MMA event I can attend, I like the card so far very much.

Sucks that Caldwell is out. But Higo is a great replacement.

Weichel having to take another fight while Pitbull and Straus fight for a forth time is brutal though.

I am pissed man, would love too see Weichel face Straus....I wanted Patricio to focus on avenging his brothers loss against Michael Chandler like he said he was..Oh well I still love Bellator and Higo makes for more of a striking match now I would think

Ok so i understand some people really wanted to see tbe caldwell foght but after that there is literally a shortage of comtenders in this division and higo is a solid signing

Why not have Baby Joe fight for the title?

(Answer: he can't make weight)

"Also added to Bellator 177 is a main-card featherweight bout between John "Macapa" Teixeira and Dan Weichel."

I like this fight too

Macapa vs Weichel is solid AF, it's a title eliminator in one of the best Bellator divisions

Weichel/Macapa is a good fight but its killing off a contender in a div that isnt that deep.

Winner gets title shot but after that its not crazy to think AJ or Gallahger could be fighting for the title by the end of the year.

Weichel/Macapa is a good fight but its killing off a contender in a div that isnt that deep.

Winner gets title shot but after that its not crazy to think AJ or Gallahger could be fighting for the title by the end of the year.
You making me laugh. We still got Curran vs. Pitbull 4, Curran vs Straus 7, and Pitbull vs Straus 20 coming up.

Good fight but what a terrible run of injuries for Bellator.

What's this card going to actually look like?

Good fight but what a terrible run of injuries for Bellator.

What's this card going to actually look like?

Bellators last card was brutal from an injury standpoint. Hopefully that isn't the case here

Good replacement and solid co-main. Hopefully they announce the rest of the card so people can get an idea for the prelims and main card bouts. I hate this 1 week before the fight stuff.

Havent watched bellator for a year.caldwell was one of my favorite fighter in bellator along with mvp.i hope he becomes a champ someday

Back