Cain was out-classed from the beginning.

Anthony7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Stop with this "Before Cain gassed" non-sense, he got schooled start to finish.

Immediately as the fight began Werdum cut Cain big time and had him bleeding. Cain took Werdum down and got his ground-and-pound neutralized, Werdum then got back up after having Cain too scared to grapple on the ground with him. Cain constantly tries to hug him against the cage and ends up eating knees in the clinch, even ends up getting taken down himself at one point. This was all in the first round.
mvcby.gif

Everything Cain threw at Werdum during the entire fight, he ate like a pizza, everything Werdum threw Cain dribbled his head like a basketball.

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso2_250.gif

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso3_250.gif

mvbs7.gif

And oddly enough, Cain didn't start looking gassed until the end of the 1st, when Werdum really started to put a beating on him.

It was the same Cain we always seen. Coming forward, applying the pressure,etc. Only difference was this time Werdum gave it right back to him and didn't fold under pressure like the rest of Cain's opponents have.

And to top it all off, he got finished when he made the amateur mistake of leaving your head out for a double leg takedown against one of the best jiu-jitsu guys in the history of the game.

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

An amazing performance from Werdum! A clinic from start to finish.

werdum_cinta_1.jpg

I thought he looked good at first and I thought he won the first round clearly. Then Werdum started landing a lot of strikes and Cain was pretty well done after that. That sums it up, in my mind.

I don't understand the whole argument about gassing or altitude. They were both breathing the same air.

From the beginning? No. You are ignoring all the shots Cain landed on Werdum. Cain looked decent considering the long lay off and the altitude. However Werdum was better and more effective at landing more shots as the fight went on. Clearly the damage Werdum was doing with the combination of the altitude affected Cain's cardio.

I thought he looked good at first and I thought he won the first round clearly. Then Werdum started landing a lot of strikes and Cain was pretty well done after that. That sums it up, in my mind.

I don't understand the whole argument about gassing or altitude. They were both breathing the same air.

Perhaps Cain did take the first round based on him coming forward and putting on the pressure, but his offense certainly wasn't effective even in the first round. He landed 2 clean right hands if I recall correctly, the majority of his strikes either glanced Werdum or missed entirely. He also got countered by that right hand every single time he landed leg kicks, getting the worse end of the exchanges easily. Thought it was pretty awkward hearing Rogan hype Cain's leg kicks while he was eating right hands to the fucking face and seemingly had no answer to them.

So you post the gif s of the punches that Cain took???Thats a fight and you took punches in a fight especially with the small gloves

If only i could make gifs too, then i would destroy your "It was the same Cain we always seen" argument.

Wheres the gif of Cain stumbling like an idiot in the opening round before any damage had been inflicted.

This is true.
It's also funny seeing some people trying to convince us that Cain was winning, even though Werdum was hitting harder in every exchange. He might have won on points, but relying on that, when Werdum was simply far more effective, was never going to win Cain the fight.

Was that cut even from a strike? They were bumping heads a lot that round.

Werdum is such a masterful tactician. He rides out the early onslaught (just as he said he would), landed some big shots of his own and sat back and started picking his times while Cain gassed himself out. I've noticed this trend in a bunch of Werdums fights (wins and losses) and is a great recipe for success in the HW division where most guys are 1 dimensional and limited in cardio.

Perhaps Cain did take the first round based on him coming forward and putting on the pressure, but his offense certainly wasn't effective even in the first round. He landed 2 clean right hands if I recall correctly, the majority of his strikes either glanced Werdum or missed entirely. He also got countered by that right hand every single time he landed leg kicks, getting the worse end of the exchanges easily. Thought it was pretty awkward hearing Rogan hype Cain's leg kicks while he was eating right hands to the fucking face and seemingly had no answer to them.

You may be right, I had a poor quality stream, unfortunately. I just saw Cain being the aggressor and dictating where the fight took place in the first and in the 2nd round I kept seeing Cain's head being snapped back consistently. Then in between round Cain's corner calling for a takedown, which I took as a sign of desperation and a mistake, which turned out to be true.

What a performance by Werdum.

While a lot of Cain appearing gassed has to do with Werdum punishing him, I disagree about the first round. There was a lot of back and forth, and Werdum had many moments, but Cain had more.

Cain is a grinder, great against average wrestlers who can't strike and great against average strikers who can't wrestle. But it ends there.

You don't understand it? Werdum was there for two months before the fight getting used to it. Cain was there for like a week or two, which is simply scientifically not enough time to acclimate.

Yes, that's entirely Cain's fault, but it's still legitimate to point to that as a factor in the fight. It's especially clear that it played a role in the fight because you've got a guy who's known for great cardio and pushing a tremendous pace gassing within the first round.

You may be right, I had a poor quality stream, unfortunately. I just saw Cain being the aggressor and dictating where the fight took place in the first and in the 2nd round I kept seeing Cain's head being snapped back consistently. Then in between round Cain's corner calling for a takedown, which I took as a sign of desperation and a mistake, which turned out to be true.

What a performance by Werdum.

Aw you streamed it? That's chicken shit man. I like your posts but that's chicken shit. Man up and pay or go to a bar. If you watch some shitty stream, don't even talk about the fight

Unless you had no access to PPV or a bar. In that case, nevermind

I thought Cain edged the first but really he did so because he was pushing the pace hard were as Werdum was content to conserve energy and pick his shots.

My guess is that Cain realised towards the end of the first that he could not carry on fighting like that foir 5 rounds so instead backed off and looked to land a big shot only to find that he was technically inferior to Werdum ending up getting beaten up.

Cain is a grinder, great against average wrestlers who can't strike and great against average strikers who can't wrestle. But it ends there.

Yep, I've been saying for the last few weeks that Cain has never fought somebody who was both a good striker and good grappler, he did on Saturday and we seen what happened.

Stop with this "Before Cain gassed" non-sense, he got schooled start to finish.

Immediately as the fight began Werdum cut Cain big time and had him bleeding. Cain took Werdum down and got his ground-and-pound neutralized, Werdum then got back up after having Cain too scared to grapple on the ground with him. Cain constantly tries to hug him against the cage and ends up eating knees in the clinch, even ends up getting taken down himself at one point. This was all in the first round.
mvcby.gif

Everything Cain threw at Werdum during the entire fight, he ate like a pizza, everything Werdum threw Cain dribbled his head like a basketball.

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso2_250.gif

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso3_250.gif

mvbs7.gif

And oddly enough, Cain didn't start looking gassed until the end of the 1st, when Werdum really started to put a beating on him.

It was the same Cain we always seen. Coming forward, applying the pressure,etc. Only difference was this time Werdum gave it right back to him and didn't fold under pressure like the rest of Cain's opponents have.

And to top it all off, he got finished when he made the amateur mistake of leaving your head out for a double leg takedown against one of the best jiu-jitsu guys in the history of the game.

Fabricio%2BWerdum%2BSubmits%2BCain%2BVelasquez%2BUFC%2B188.gif

An amazing performance from Werdum! A clinic from start to finish.

werdum_cinta_1.jpg

cain lost due to a combination of ring rust and altitude, cain went to mexico city only 2weeks before fight night and did light training he didnt spar hard so he didnt know what it would do to him, lesson learned now that the ring rust is gone and the next fight wont be in mexico city hes gonna smash verdum. when a fighter loses sherdog always discredits the fighter saying he was never that good anyways i remember the same thing happend to cain when he lost the first time to jds n look what happend

I had Werdum winning the first. I don't think the altitude had that much to do with it. Getting punched and kicked would tire you out. The only problem is when Cain did start to get tired he didn't slow his pace down. He kept throwing and wearing himself out. Going into it I thought Werdum was a bad stylistic match-up and he proved to be. Fabricio also looked more tired at the end of the first round than Cain did to me.

Back