Cain Velasquez

Calling him a GOAT? You can't just ignore one aspect of their game to suit a narrative. If Crocop had a BJJ black belt, if JDS had D1 wrestling, if Mir had Tyson's boxing... He's just another good HW, like Crocop, Mir, JDS, a bunch of guys in there, no better no worse.

I'm not ignoring anything about Cain, I'm making the case that were it not for his fragile body I believe he would be heavyweight GOAT. Everyone you listed as he's "just as good as" he would beat, in my opinion. Obviously he's NOT GOAT because of the very fact this his body couldn't handle the grind or the training or whatever it is. The very nature of this thread is theory so that's what I'm doing, I'm theorizing.

He's also a two-time HW champion, one of the few, something that makes him better than all the guys he's "just as good as."

If Cain's body held up he'd have the potential to be GOAT, would at least be in the GOAT HW discussion alongside Fedor and Big Nog and Werdum and perhaps even DC or Stipe. I don't know why this is so debatable to you, even if you don't think he would be THE GOAT he'd at least be in the running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back