Law California Is Now Officially A Sanctuary State For All Illegal Immigrants

LOL @ "Democrats need the votes"

I'm pretty sure they have California locked up and, as we know, the popular vote doesn't mean shit with the electoral college.

I'm so shocked that conservative critics are so electorally daft.

This is locking up the state forever, you can´t be this daft to understand that can you?

This is what CA is saying - unless the Feds have a specific reason (warrant), then they can't spy on ordinary citizens. I don't get what is so controversial about that. Do you think your bank, your email, your social media, your doctor, should all be able to just give away intimate details of your life to anyone that asks?

Are Illegals considered citizens and does simply looking for records of citizenship violate the rights of legal citizens?

Are Illegals considered citizens and does simply looking for records of citizenship violate the rights of legal citizens?

The scope of prying is not limited to illegals though. The Feds want to comb through everyone's personal information to catch said illegals.

This would be akin to opening up your, and every average citizen's home to inspections once a month just because the police are looking for burglars somewhere in the city -

Unless they have a specific, targeted suspect, I just don't agree with it.

The scope of prying is not limited to illegals though. The Feds want to comb through everyone's personal information to catch said illegals.

This would be akin to opening up your, and every average citizen's home to inspections once a month just because the police are looking for burglars somewhere in the city -
Also, a number of constitutional protections apply to noncitizens anyways.

so ICE did their job.

like absolutely no one is preventing them from.

Unless they have a specific, targeted suspect, I just don't agree with it.

But are illegals citizens?

You don´t need to comb through personal information, you just need to provide one of the following and if not they are illegals and should not be hired, its federal law.

• an unexpired United States passport
  • an unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp
  • an alien registration receipt card or permanent resident card
  • an unexpired employment authorization card
  • an unexpired employment authorization document, issued by USCIS, which contains a photograph, or
  • an unexpired foreign passport with Form I-94 containing an endorsement of nonimmigrant status.

But then you have states like CA who wan´t to play above federal law creating loopholes that burdens the tax payer, allow potential criminals to stay in the US and make legal immigration pointless.

They are asking for the DEA to raid their marijuana industry

Keep chipping away at Cali, maybe it'll eventually break off.

This is locking up the state forever, you can´t be this daft to understand that can you?

At this point I really can't tell if some of the people in here are that dumb or if they're just willfully ignorant. Not only locking up the state forever, but tipping the scales in local and county elections that still aren't deep blue (statewide and national elections aren't the only one's that exist).

As far as these laws go they're ludicrous and they border on treason. They're putting citizens in danger by having millions of unaccounted for people flood the State, they're diverting resources from citizens of the State to people who have no legal right to be here which in turn is lowering the quality of life for everyone, and now they're fining people for complying with Federal law. Then again this is the same State that lowered the penalty for knowingly giving someone HIV from a felony to a misdemeanor so the poor HIV carrier won't have their feelings hurt by social stigma, smh.

The same people who claimed that they want ICE to "do their job without the police's help" are now angry that ICE is doing their job.

Also, why would any ordinary law-abiding immigrants needs "protecting" from the law?

There's so many dam Illegal Mexican's here scared shitless I'm not surprised. I feel like they really need to focus on Orange County like Anaheim, Santa Ana. Shit is out of control.

I live in CA and I swear upon Zeus I'll vote red every election if it means putting a stop to shit like this. I'm by no means a republican either but this place has gotten so out of wack.

But are illegals citizens?

You don´t need to comb through personal information, you just need to provide one of the following and if not they are illegals and should not be hired, its federal law.

• an unexpired United States passport
  • an unexpired foreign passport with an I-551 stamp
  • an alien registration receipt card or permanent resident card
  • an unexpired employment authorization card
  • an unexpired employment authorization document, issued by USCIS, which contains a photograph, or
  • an unexpired foreign passport with Form I-94 containing an endorsement of nonimmigrant status.

But then you have states like CA who wan´t to play above federal law creating loopholes that burdens the tax payer, allow potential criminals to stay in the US and make legal immigration pointless.

California determined it's own law, and given that it gives more than it takes with Fed money, I don't understand what you mean by "burdening the taxpayer". Burdening the CA taxpayer? CA and it's lawmakers, who represent the state's constituents, decided what they wanted. So what's the problem? It's no different than states empowering themselves to legalize a Federal schedule 1 dangerous substance.

As far as criminals, how many of them actively work? The subject of the OP is ICE entering a place of business and accessing private information of individuals. Would you be comfortable with checkpoints every mile in the city you live in? You know, just to check your "papers", and maybe your trunk, because, "looking for illegals"? Because it's exactly the same thing.

All of this does not in any way hinder ICE from going after criminals, however it does prevent them from having carte blanche access to the private information of American citizens just on a whim. Allowing as much, is a very dangerous slippery slope, imo.

LOL @ "Democrats need the votes"

I'm pretty sure they have California locked up and, as we know, the popular vote doesn't mean shit with the electoral college.

I'm so shocked that conservative critics are so electorally daft.

Use your brain. California is not locked up. There is governance other than federal.

Again I ask: why would any law-abiding immigrants be fearful about arrest and deportation? o_O

Oakland Mayor Warns City Of Upcoming Immigration Raids After Receiving Intel

Mayor Libby Schaaf said “credible sources” told her ICE agents were planning operations in the Bay Area.
By Carla Herreria | 02/25/2018

5a9263921e000046057acb9b.jpeg

The mayor of Oakland on Saturday night warned the city’s residents of potential raids being conducted by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

In a statement released at the end of the day, Mayor Libby Schaaf said she learned from “multiple credible sources” that, within the next 24 hours, ICE would be gearing up for operations in the Bay Area of Northern California, including Oakland.

She said her warning was not intended to panic residents, but protect them. Schaaf didn’t provide exact locations because she said she didn’t know which areas ICE would be targeting.

“My priority is for the well-being and safety of all residents ― particularly our most vulnerable,” Schaaf said in a statement tweeted just after sunset on Saturday.

“And I know that Oakland is safer when we share information, encourage community awareness, and care for our neighbors.”

Last summer, Oakland city council voted to end an agreement the city had with ICE that allowed police to work with ICE. Oakland then strengthened its status as a sanctuary city in January by barring any city officials from cooperating with ICE in any capacity.

The city’s decision to double down on protecting undocumented residents came in January after immigration agents raided about 100 7-11 stores across the country before sunrise to arrest undocumented workers. Dozens of the targeted stores were located in Northern California.

Schaaf reminded citizens of these laws in her Saturday statement, while also noting a state law that prohibits business owners from helping ICE agents and bars federal agents from employee-only areas.

ICE officials told ABC 7 News that they weren’t aware of which specific immigrations operations the mayor was referencing.

“There are ICE operations every day and it is unclear what the mayor is referring to,” the agency said.

In her statement, Schaaf said that Oakland is a “city of law-abiding immigrants and families who deserve to live free from the constant threat of arrest and deportation.”

“I believe it is my duty and moral obligation as a mayor to give those families fair warning when that threat appears imminent,” she said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...f-warns-ice-raids_us_5a926079e4b03b55731cdca1

EDIT already a thread on second page. I posted the news first tho.

Democrat Schaaf giving early warning to illegals so they can flee.

Schaaf released an unprecedented warning that ICE was about to begin arresting people. Schaaf said she issued the alert after receiving confidential tips from “credible sources,” and conferring with attorneys to make sure she wasn’t opening herself up to federal prosecution.

The mayor’s move endangered ICE officers and alerted their targets, Homan asserted, “making clear that this reckless decision was based on her political agenda.” He said 864 “criminal aliens and public safety threats remain at large in the community, and I have to believe that some of them were able to elude us thanks to the mayor’s irresponsible decision.”

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Reports-of-California-immigration-sweep-are-true-12714833.php

Federal officials said Tuesday they arrested more than 150 undocumented immigrants in a Northern California sweep aimed at countering local sanctuary laws. . . prompting alarm from community activists and some Democratic politicians who oppose President Trump’s immigration crackdown.

“Sanctuary jurisdictions like San Francisco and Oakland shield dangerous criminal aliens from federal law enforcement at the expense of public safety,” said Thomas Homan, the acting director of ICE. “Because these jurisdictions prevent ICE from arresting criminal aliens in the secure confines of a jail, they also force ICE officers to make more arrests out in the community, which poses increased risks for law enforcement and the public.”

So what's your opinion on sanctuary states protecting illegals from deportation and why do/don't you think the government have that right to deport? Says a lot that it's called sanctuary state but that title doesn't reflect the ability to deport illegals. If they don't have the law on their side when push comes to shove, all democrats have is appeals to emotion and "morality". But it's also moral to deport criminals, in defense of criminals leftists argue based on probabilities and that any crimes are statistically insignificant so we can safely ignore them.

Democrats giving early warnings and so on is a kinda funny result of political positions as their positions eventually intersect. Illegals don't belong and can be deported, but it's clearly only acted upon if the political will is there and whoever is in power. In the end it makes sense that republicans will try and deport as many as possible with this in mind. It's to assert what the law actually has the power to do and the idea of illegals staying it not as secure as people think.

Last edited:
ICE Arrests Over 150 in Raids Across Northern California
ICE officials criticized Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf's decision to alert the public about the arrests
By Riya Bhattacharjee and Damian Trujillo | Feb 27, 2018

TXM43B-ICE%20RAIDS_00.00.08.17_1519754911547.png_5011358_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Dozens of undocumented immigrants have been arrested across Northern California since Sunday, according to federal officials with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Removal Operations.

More than 150 people who are in violation of federal U.S. immigration laws have been arrested since Sunday, ICE confirmed Tuesday.

According to ICE spokesperson James Schwab, federal ICE and Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) deportation officers have been conducting targeted immigration enforcement in the San Francisco Bay Area "consistent with federal law and agency policy, to arrest individuals who have violated U.S. immigration laws."

The arrests were made based on leads developed by the local field office in conjunction with the National Criminal Analysis and Targeting center (NCATC), Schwab said.

About half of the individuals arrested have criminal convictions in addition to immigration violations, including convictions for assault/battery, crimes against children, weapons charges and DUI, he added.

"This operation is a continuation of ICE’s efforts to prioritize enforcement against public safety threats," Schwab said.

“Sanctuary jurisdictions like San Francisco and Oakland shield dangerous criminal aliens from federal law enforcement at the expense of public safety," said ICE Deputy Director Thomas D. Homan. "Because these jurisdictions prevent ICE from arresting criminal aliens in the secure confines of a jail, they also force ICE officers to make more arrests out in the community, which poses increased risks for law enforcement and the public."

Honan also criticized Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf's decision to alert the public about ICE operations, saying it "further increased that risk for my officers and alerted criminal aliens — making clear that this reckless decision was based on her political agenda with the very federal laws that ICE is sworn to uphold.”

"Thanks to the dedicated and professional work of ICE deportation officers, we were able to remove many public safety threats from the streets of the Bay Area during the past few days," Honan said.

"However, 864 criminal aliens and public safety threats remain at large in the community, and I have to believe that some of them were able to elude us thanks to the mayor’s irresponsible decision. Unlike the politicians who attempt to undermine ICE’s critical mission, our officers will continue to fulfill their sworn duty to protect public safety.”

Those arrested include 38-year-old ICE fugitive Armando Nuñez-Salgado, a Mexican citizen and documented Sureño gang member previously removed by ICE on four prior occasions. Nuñez-Salgado has prior criminal convictions in California over the past 18 years resulting in prison sentences totaling 15 years. His convictions include assault with a deadly weapon, burglary, hit-and-run causing injury and evading a peace officer.

In a similar operation earlier this month in Los Angeles, 88 percent of those arrested by ICE were convicted criminals. In 2017, ICE arrested 20,201 undocumented immigrants throughout California – 81 percent of whom were convicted criminals.

In a statement, ICE clarified: "ICE does not conduct sweeps or raids that target aliens indiscriminately, and the agency prioritizes public and national security threats, immigration fugitives and illegal reentrants. However, all of those in violation of immigration laws may be subject to immigration arrest, detention and, if found removable by final order, removal from the United States"

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loc...Raids-Fueling-Fear-in-Bay-Area-475347563.html

Acting ICE Director Thomas Homan responded Wednesday to criticism from California's Democratic senators, who expressed concern over his agency's increased enforcement of immigration laws in the Golden State.

In a letter last month, Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Kamala Harris wrote:

We write to request we be immediately briefed on the troubling reports that ICE is targeting raids in California. Please ensure we are provided with a full accounting of how ICE raids are being prioritized and conducted, including all relevant documents, memorandums, and email exchanges regarding these raids in California.

We firmly believe that law enforcement must prioritize dangerous criminals, not undocumented immigrants who do not pose a threat to public safety. Diverting resources in an effort to punish California and score political points is an abhorrent abuse of power, not to mention a terrible misuse of scarce resources.

The senators took particular issue with an interview by Homan on Fox News in which he said California "better hold on tight” after the sanctuary state law went into effect.

Homan said if Feinstein and Harris are worried about his "scarce resources," then they should direct local officials to cooperate when criminal aliens are in detention at county jails.

He said by failing to keep criminal aliens in custody, state and local officials are making it more dangerous for ICE agents, who then have to go looking for the offenders.

"I didn't think these senators were in the business of enacting laws they didn't want enforced. I'm enforcing the laws they enacted," said Homan, pushing back on the narrative that ICE is conducting indiscriminate "raids" targeting minorities.

"We don't conduct raids. We conduct targeted enforcement operations. We don't go into neighborhoods, knocking on a bunch of doors, looking for people that are different than us."

He said the operations are based on intelligence and investigative work designed to find criminal illegal immigrants. Homan said the argument that sanctuary cities protect the immigrant community "could not be further from the truth."

Back