C.B. Dollaway on Herb Dean’s controversial stoppage at UFC Moscow: ‘I don’t feel like I got protecte

Herb Dean is one of the most overrated refs out there. I'm not sure why he's gone on for years with people listing him as if he is one of the best out there. He really isn't, and he has made some really bad calls.

Then in your opinion who is ? All the big refs have made some terrible calls....Herb is one of the more consistent out there.

Herb also let that dude hit him in the back of the head like 3 times just staring at CB.

If anyone else did that Dana would be blasting them immediately; but when Herb does it silence and then they reward him with the upcoming foty.
The ref is chosen by the athletic comission.. not by the UFC

The ref is chosen by the athletic comission.. not by the UFC
I know, that’s why I said they. It makes it all the more baffling that Dana says nothing and then they follow it up with giving him the biggest fight of the year.

I'm on the "fuck herb" train. He's had enough fuck ups and there are plenty of refs.

Not that it exculpates Dean's officiating, but it goes as far as your tapping, which you and/or your team could've done. The only reason to criticize only Herb and not his team is to not acknowledge the reality that there was honest and full power to limit the beating, and to not admit it lends to a man's pride.

The complete/honest answer is pride sailing away was more of a concern than brain damage. So say that and say Herb's officiating sucked, but not just the latter.

At least fart-face can't look any worse than he already did.

You can't expect a fighter to protect himself when he is confused from brain trauma. He might have been too out of it to tap. He didn't know what was happening.

And under the rules a fighter's corner cannot throw in the towel. They can't stop the fight.

It is up to the ref to stop the action and fight, and a doctor can stop a stopped fight.

Dean dun fucking goof'd

If CB was done and quit he should have tapped or said he was done during the fight. His opponent was hitting 90% gloves and arms, CB looked dead tired to me and is making an excuse. Just like he milked being done when he fought Lombard

He will at least take some blows when he does step in...

dgRRTUc.gif

Exhibit Q of Cormier being a scumbag.

Pretty cool from Dolloway. He could trash Herb but he's holding back, just saying it sucks. Herb really shit the bed that night.
And for those asking why didn't he tap - that's not in a fighter's normal range of options. So when he's rocked, beaten up, concussed and not thinking clearly, that thought doesn't even come up in his mind as a thing to do. You can hold the corner responsible, or Herb - and I do - but Dolloway isn't to blame for being a warrior. Herb should have done his job, and I'm the kind of guy who prefers late stoppages to early

Logged in to upvote this.

giphy.gif

This doesn't even make sense. Look at C.B...
I've been anticipating seeing what Herb had to say after the fact. I guess not shocking he hasn't released a statement.
It's like Herb was told before the fight started "Taken" style that his family was under threat and if C.B lost the fight they would all be murdered.

CB shoulda tapped...

His corner should have thrown in the towel....

All options, but yeah Herb could or should have stopped it as well.

Seen worse, seen better, but shitting on Herb is the easy way out.

GSP was getting crushed by Serra... one or two more blows and he was going out yet he still manage to tap to strikes.

Herb has always been terrible. He probably shouldn't even be reffing. He's that bad.

If CB was done and quit he should have tapped or said he was done during the fight. His opponent was hitting 90% gloves and arms, CB looked dead tired to me and is making an excuse. Just like he milked being done when he fought Lombard
He verbally told Herb he was done. That should of been enough. The fight shouldn't of continued.

It was a terrible job by Herb Dean no doubt, he's 90% to blame. I still don't like CB going public with it though, if CB wasn't allowed to tap or the corner couldn't have stopped it I understand. I 100% get the entire macho pride that comes along with tapping.

GSP was getting crushed by Serra... one or two more blows and he was going out yet he still manage to tap to strikes.

People make fun of GSP for that but it was smart, he's 37 and just won a belt.

People saying he should’ve tapped but then shit on anyone that ever taps to strikes. Someone else called him a coward? Dude was just laying there completely out of it and getting his face smashed in. I doubt he had any idea what was going on at the time. This was a bad stoppage or “non stoppage” and that’s all there is.
Only fucking losers rag on fighters for tapping to strikes. Dudes that do that never set foot in a gym.

It was a terrible job by Herb Dean no doubt, he's 90% to blame. I still don't like CB going public with it though, if CB wasn't allowed to tap or the corner couldn't have stopped it I understand. I 100% get the entire macho pride that comes along with tapping.
There is no shame in tapping...

Seriously, I've tapped to chicks my size that BJJ'd the shit outta me.... wrestlers that out control me... I'm 6'1 170 lol. Tall skinny white dude....

I aint a fighter, but I know when I'm done.

If CB wasn't aware he was done, his corner in general did a piss poor job of knowing he was done. That's bad fighter logic, bad corner strategy, and poor situational awareness from participants. Herb stopping it or not -- when he did or didn't -- ultimately stems from the fighter and corner NOT admitting defeat or stopping it. Sure, it went on too long, we all agree, but his corner in my mind should have seen all this -- and stopped it for em.

I don't spar/practice like I used to, but if someone doesn't know you enough to know when you're done, they shouldn't be in yer fuckin' corner for no reason.

Back