By January Fedor will have fought 3 times inside a year; strength of schedule making a difference?

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score
By the end of this Bellator gp hw tournament, Fedor will have fought 3 (almost 4 times) times in a year.

That's the most he has fought since 2011

He seems to be getting better the more often he fights. I've never been one to strongly believe in ring rust but I do believe in muscle memory and fighting often to help the body get used to the process (not just harder, more frequent training camps but the pre fight anxiety and chaos involved as well, and self-confidence which is the ultimate x factor)

Fedor once fought 5 times in a year in 2004 going 4 wins and one no contest and won a pride hw gp.

I guess We have evidence to believe that he does well when fighting more frequently. Perhaps he realized that and thats why he decided to challenge himself and enter this Bellator hw gp.

The GOAT fights when he pleases.

It cant hurt. He used to fight once a year for a long time,and then took 3 yrs off. Also the tourney may be motivating for him.

He is consistently training. For several years he wasn't taking his training seriously, and it showed with his physical form. He showed up last night looking great, ready to fight. It is a testament to the fact that he has been taking it seriously, consistently.

Couldn't hurt. Only fighting once a year can make someone rusty. Plus he was retired for what? 3.5 years? At the same time he is old so he probably can't keep this schedule up forever, fighting top level guys. I think he is just motivated and hungry for the first time in a while. He seems like he is training seriously, lifting weights, etc. I mean he is still 42 and a good 10 years past his prime, but he is mixing up his game again and showing good skills. Hopefully his body can keep up. I do want him to retire if he wins the HW tournament.

He is consistently training. For several years he wasn't taking his training seriously, and it showed with his physical form. He showed up last night looking great, ready to fight. It is a testament to the fact that he has been taking it seriously, consistently.

Agreed. It's hard to stay motivated for 20 years of fighting as well. I'm a powerlifter (and still train Martial Arts a little bit) and there are plenty of times I take it easy on training and don't do much supplemental stuff at all because my motivation is lacking. When your heart isn't in it and you are just going through the motions because it's what you know, you don't perform like you should. I have no doubts that is what happened against Maldonado.

Agreed. It's hard to stay motivated for 20 years of fighting as well. I'm a powerlifter (and still train Martial Arts a little bit) and there are plenty of times I take it easy on training and don't do much supplemental stuff at all because my motivation is lacking. When your heart isn't in it and you are just going through the motions because it's what you know, you don't perform like you should. I have no doubts that is what happened against Maldonado.
I mean, at the end of his Strikeforce run, he just quit. It was the worst he has ever looked, and by quitting we can deduce that fighting wasn't his passion anymore. Even when he returned, he was so far gone from who he was that it seemed like he was just phoning it in. This past year though, he seems to have that passion again, and it shows in his appearance, and in his fights. He is still slower, but he is in his 40's. He has lost a step, and that's ok. But, compared to where he was in Strikeforce, he has gained a few steps back in the right direction.

It is amazing to watch, as a fan. The man isn't done quite yet.

Last edited:
Fedor made the calendar so he decides when he fights

He's not saying bader is the best fighter he's faced, he's just saying it might be his most impressive win because of his declining physical tools, and he'll probably be the biggest underdog he's ever been.

He's not saying bader is the best fighter he's faced, he's just saying it might be his most impressive win because of his declining physical tools, and he'll probably be the biggest underdog he's ever been.
His Bellator wins have been his most impressive resume wise since Andrei Arlovski. Bader will be the toughest guy he’s fought recently though.

Exactly. I'll be surprised if Fedor is less than +400.

Considering Fedors age and considering he's fighting 35 years old two-division fighter in his prime currently on 6 fight win streak if he wins this will be the biggest win since beating prime Cro Cop. Very difficult and challenging fight for Fedor.

Back