Buy or sell: UFC Chile Saw Three Future Champs

Dominick Reyes, Kamaru Usman, and Tatiana Suarez all stayed not only undefeated last night (in UFC competition), but all three turned in dominant performances against established divisional contenders.

imo, i'd be shocked if 2/3 don't see ufc gold.
Usman isn't undefeated. Whatever the case, I think he can win gold, but he needs to shore up his striking defense. Not a good look when Maia lands on you clean, repeatedly.

I'm pretty high on Reyes, but we need to see him fight a good wrestler before we can say for sure. I can definitely see him winning the belt though.

Suarez, imho, has a great chance of becoming a champion. Maybe the best of the bunch.

Reyes didn’t seem very smooth with his movement and strikes but still impressed. Really hope they give him a slow build. Get him to like 12-0 or 13-0 before giving him a top guy. Problem is the only reason the top 10 of LHW is the way that it is, is because there’s only 10 fighters in the division

Rose got a title shot on a one fight win streak over Karate Hottie. Suarez is probably getting pushed into a number one contender fight next.

Yea, you're probably right, but she's still not what I would consider nearly as skilled as other top-10 fighters, let alone of championship calibre.

Yea, you're probably right, but she's still not what I would consider nearly as skilled as other top-10 fighters, let alone of championship calibre.

Grasso was ranked 9 and Suarez just steamrolled her. You know she's an Olympic level wrestler right? She could very easily have the best grappling in the division. And the current champ has shown to be susceptible to wrestlers.

Last edited:
First time I saw Suarez in TUF I knew right away she is a different animal. She could be champ.

Grasso was ranked 9 and Suarez just steamrolled her. You know she's an Olympic level wrestler right? She could very easily have the best grappling in the division. And the current champ has shown to be susceptible to wrestlers.

I'm not denying she has skills compared to the rest of her division, it's just that the fighters in her division are somewhat underwhelming in terms of skill compared to the rest of the MMA world.
I should have been more specific: I don't see her being as skilled as top 10 fighters in other divisions.

I'm not denying she has skills compared to the rest of her division, it's just that the fighters in her division are somewhat underwhelming in terms of skill compared to the rest of the MMA world.
I should have been more specific: I don't see her being as skilled as top 10 fighters in other divisions.

She's at strawweight. Not sure what other divisions have to do with her becoming a champion.

And even that doesn't make sense because 4-2 Nicco Montano is the flyweight champ. That's likely an even easier fight than Rose.

Last edited:
Then you literally have no idea what you're watching. If Suarez fought Rose today, it would be even odds at worst, and Suarez very possibly would be favoured.

Suarez is the real deal.

Usman is very good, but that division is stacked.

Reyes, so many lhws look amazing...until they fight Jon or DC and get smoked. Huge drop off at lhw.

Sell.

Was Suarez an olympic wrestler? I doubt she is right now, but she won 2x bronze medals at the worlds, which is a very good accomplishment.

I don't know about champions, but solid contenders - sure.

Was Suarez an olympic wrestler? I doubt she is right now, but she won 2x bronze medals at the worlds, which is a very good accomplishment.

She was training for the Olympics when she got injured and found out she had cancer.

Suarez will be champ.

Usman will be slow played and have champs avoid him for money fights and the UFC will look the other way. I actually think he gets mad and leaves the UFC.

Reyes, top 3 for sure. Does he get past Gus though?

-----------

So i think Suarez gets the belt

Reyes fights for a belt and loses

Usman never fights for the belt but has a resume better than most people who fight for a belt.

She had a very solid chance until the injury and cancer. It's WMMA, that's good enough to be a champion. I know MMA Math is typically useless but IMO it's very clear she has the best wrestling at 115.

Tatiana has some real wrestling. I'm impressed. I think she will be champion soon.{<redford}

Back