Buy or Sell: Andre Ward is the dirtiest fighter of the modern era

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously. No disrespect to Ward. Great fighter.

But I watched his fight with Kessler recently (watching the super six again) and I literally started laughing at the amount of fouls Ward committed, it was that absurd. Headbutts, elbows, rabbits etc. And thats not even close to the only Ward fight with a ludicrous amount of fouls.

Before Ward I would have said Hopkins or Holyfield but imo? Its Ward and not particularly close

Love me some Andre Ward, fouls alot but shrewd enough to get away with it. Great fighter.

Makes me laugh cos he has a kind of golden boy persona, yet took on the 'big bad wolf' and destroyed kovalovs career

Diego Chaves.

Both Keef and Bradley said he was a dirty fighter, and he bit his last opponent on the shoulder.

Here is him fouling the shit out of Rios

I agree with Salido. But, I was so salty watching Ward use Kovalev's groin as a punching bag... and it getting called a tko win. It was like Spence Jr's last fight, he landed a clear low blow to Campos before the last punch.

Not saying that Campos would have survived, but that low blow sure didn't help...

Salido and Maidana, far worse.

Sold! To me! For nothing.

He was pretty dirty, yeah. What bugged me about him was the Kessler fight. He fought dirty there when he didn't need to and left Kessler with injuries that effected the rest of his career.

What about Hopkins? How many oscars has he won for his performances?

not the dirtiest, but definitely dirty.

salido has to be the dirtiest motherfucker i've seen, though. he is scum.

Salido for me. Nothing beats over 100 low blows in a single contest.

I agree with Salido. But, I was so salty watching Ward use Kovalev's groin as a punching bag... and it getting called a tko win. It was like Spence Jr's last fight, he landed a clear low blow to Campos before the last punch.

Not saying that Campos would have survived, but that low blow sure didn't help...
I've watched the second Kovalev fight several times now and I'm sure that the shots that finished him weren't low. Kovalev wore his shorts high and it made the shots seem lower imo, although I agree Ward is fairly dirty in general

The referees don't fail they allow the local boy, in the UK is atrocious how they benefit the local guys, i saw Tyson Fury giving elbows, Dillian Whyte giving headbutts and counting like KO, pushes, shoulders or early stopages everyday.

Early career Abner Mares.

once mora called it a knockdown, i think i would have just left the ring. call me a quitter or whatever, but how many groin shots are you going to take? its clear the fix was in

once mora called it a knockdown, i think i would have just left the ring. call me a quitter or whatever, but how many groin shots are you going to take? its clear the fix was in
That fight was so poorly reffed that it would almost be funny if not for how Agbeko got shafted.

That fight was so poorly reffed that it would almost be funny if not for how Agbeko got shafted.
yea, it was almost like Mares was just seeing how many times he could get away with it. the answer being of course as many times as he wanted. I didnt watch the whole fight again, and its been a few years, but didnt Agbeko actually get a point deducted? If not, he certainly got a warning.

Agbeko is such a quiet and nice guy, so it doesnt surprise me he put up with it. Like I said, I would have just left. His brother Sena trains here now and is equally quiet and polite. He is just a LOT bigger than his brother and totally jacked

Back